Linn Forums

Current time: 2017-10-18, 04:56 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn Music Systems & Hi-fi Separates / Turntables & Record Players: Linn Sondek LP12 / 3rd Party Modifications and Parts v / Tiger-Paw Akula sub chassis

Tiger-Paw Akula sub chassis
2015-04-30, 10:58
Tiger-Paw Akula sub chassis
http://tiger-paw.com/Products.html

KR

Matt

LP12 / Exposure / JBL3677
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2015-04-30, 17:21
RE: Tiger-Paw Akula sub chassis
(2015-04-30 10:58)matthias Wrote:  http://tiger-paw.com/Products.html

KR

Matt

Wow!

Klimax LP12 (Cirkus, Tranquility, Radikal D, Keel, Urika, Khan top plate, Ekos SE, Kandid). Klimax Renew DS. KK D, Solos D. 242 mk 2 with upgraded stands. Project RCM
2015-04-30, 17:38
Yep, happy to finally get these new products in to production! Must get some better pictures up of the sub chassis as they're not very clear, we only updated the website last night so that was well spotted :-)
2015-04-30, 18:01
Both the Akula and the VulKan are very reasonably priced.

Matt

2015-04-30, 18:17
(2015-04-30 17:38)TPA Wrote:  Yep, happy to finally get these new products in to production! Must get some better pictures up of the sub chassis as they're not very clear, we only updated the website last night so that was well spotted :-)

Congrats on finally getting you sub-chassis to market Cool

Apologies Roger if the answer to my question is obvious, but would I be correct in assuming that the Akula development was conducted with the Khan as the primary top plate on your test decks?

Harban 'Wenge' Cymbiosis Signature LP12, Klimax Radikal / Urika, Tranquility, Karmen, Rubikon, Ekos SE, Skale, Linn Krystal

KK/1(D), Klimax Twin (D), ProAc Response D2's on Track Audio Stands
2015-04-30, 19:18
I have pretty much every conceivable combination of LP12 components here, aside from Valhalla which I don't use any more so the power supplies are either Lingo 2 or Radikals. Arms range from Akito, Ittok, Ekos, Ekos SE and of course Aro. Top plates, both standard and of course Khan.

In terms of development, most of the original work was done on the Radikal SE deck with the Keel. It was pretty clear once we started to get things going in the right direction that it performs consistently across all specs, of the two that I released for external evaluation, one had a Khan, the other a standard top plate - both have kept them:-)

Ye, you're right, it's been a while Cool
2015-04-30, 19:22
Interesting ideas!

What are those two "dots" showing through the armboard?
2015-04-30, 19:32
(2015-04-30 19:22)ricsimas Wrote:  Interesting ideas!

What are those two "dots" showing through the armboard?

The picture on the left is the Aro version, those two holes relate to the mounting point for the arm rest, and the one nearest the arm mount is for the Elevator arm lift (same place as the original Aromatic mount)
2015-04-30, 22:31
On your wallshelf what are the boards made from and would they be suitable on other makes of wallshelf?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2015-04-30, 23:09
(2015-04-30 19:32)TPA Wrote:  The picture on the left is the Aro version, those two holes relate to the mounting point for the arm rest, and the one nearest the arm mount is for the Elevator arm lift (same place as the original Aromatic mount)

Looking at the Aro version with the 400% zoom the Akula mounting collar seems to be higher than the original Aro mounting collar. Am I right or is it an optical illusion?

Matt