Linn Forums

Current time: 2017-10-23, 18:07 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn Music Systems & Hi-fi Separates / Turntables & Record Players: Linn Sondek LP12 / 3rd Party Modifications and Parts v / Tiger-Paw Akula sub chassis

Tiger-Paw Akula sub chassis
2015-06-24, 11:58 (This post was last modified: 2015-06-24 12:17 by matthias.)
RE: Tiger-Paw Akula sub chassis
(2015-06-24 03:57)John G Wrote:  Best of luck with the product. Are any dealers demonstrating it?

HIDDENSYSTEMS has one:

http://www.lejonklou.com/forum/viewtopic...793#p22498

and Signals:

http://signalshifi.tumblr.com/tagged/akula

KR Matt

LP12 / Exposure / JBL3677
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2015-06-24, 16:24
Update; yes very happy to say Akula is at Hidden Systems, Signals, and will also be coming to Colin at What you See and Hear - in fact I hope that we will be able to do an open day/event there very soon so that customers can listen to some direct comparisons.

Have also been up to Peter at Cymbiosis where we had a very quick dem shortly before he left for his tour of the US, hopefully when he returns we can sort out getting an Akula on demonstration there also.

Kind regards, Roger
2015-06-24, 20:51 (This post was last modified: 2015-06-24 23:32 by What You See and Hear.)
(2015-06-24 16:24)TPA Wrote:  "and will also be coming to Colin at What you See and Hear - in fact I hope that we will be able to do an open day/event there very soon so that customers can listen to some direct comparisons".

Kind regards, Roger

Hi

SATURDAY 4TH JULY.

Maybe some fireworks and certainly some lateral thinking and independence in Rogers design, which is refreshingly different to the "me too" approach that's the norm.

The Akula has merit and this will be an interesting and informative day where Tiger Paw's innovative product can be seen and heard.

We will run this event from 11.00-4.00 in our main demonstration room and would appreciate if you could let us know if you wish to attend. Roger will be here and we want to make this enjoyable and easy going with the emphasis on music rather than Hi-Fi.

I will post more information on our website after our Linn Space Optimisation event this Saturday and if you would like to come along please contact me at the showroom on 01494 681300 or by email at:

colin@wysah.com.

You will be made very welcome.

This won't be posted on Linn events as it's not a Linn product and it would be taking the piss out of Linn's hospitality. However we have represented Roger in a low key way for three years and this clever sub-chassis is interesting enough for me to post on this part of the forum.

Regards

Colin.

Colin Macey. WYSAH Beaconsfield.

www.whatyouseeandhear.com
www.wysah.com
01494 681300.
email colin@wysah.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2015-06-25, 00:00 (This post was last modified: 2015-06-25 00:01 by Cymbiosis.)
(2015-06-24 16:24)TPA Wrote:  Have also been up to Peter at Cymbiosis where we had a very quick dem shortly before he left for his tour of the US, hopefully when he returns we can sort out getting an Akula on demonstration there also.

Kind regards, Roger

I haven't left yet Roger, but I just have rather too much on ATM to do anything more before I depart.

There is of course the new Tangerine sub-chassis to consider too, so I can foresee exciting times ahead through the summer for sure, especially as something big is brewing up at HQ - I know not what...Honest!!! But I know it's very exciting and big, so we will just have to wait and see.

Hopefully, We will know more by the time we host our first major event at our new home in the Leicestershire countryside on the weekend of 8th/9th August.

This is an Exakt event using Kudos loudspeakers; including the new mighty Titan 808s. IMHO it is really excellent that Linn have shown in the past, and also continue to have such a forward thinking approach going forward. Gilad T does listen Cool

Details of our event and the booking form can be found here........

Best regards,

Peter

Fettling LP12s since 1980
Tel 0333 200 4475
Email - peter@cymbiosis.com
Skype - peteratcymbiosis
Facebook - www.facebook.com/Cymbiosisaudio/
www.cymbiosis.com
2015-06-25, 01:08 (This post was last modified: 2015-06-25 01:33 by Tangerine Audio.)
Evening All

And thank you Peter.

Our Plateau sub is now ready to go, we have the Linn mount for the armboard, integral collar and all, we now also have a nice solution for the ARO, we will also offer a Rega cut.

Exciting times indeed, we look forward to seeing you.

The wait is over!

Kind Regards,

Mark

[Image: imagejpg1_zpscdabca6c.jpg]
2015-06-25, 07:33 (This post was last modified: 2015-06-25 07:54 by Cymbiosis.)
(2015-06-25 01:08)Tangerine Audio Wrote:  Evening All

And thank you Peter.

Our Plateau sub is now ready to go, we have the Linn mount for the armboard, integral collar and all, we now also have a nice solution for the ARO, we will also offer a Rega cut.

Exciting times indeed

Kind Regards,

Mark

Yes, very much so and it's also the case that Tiger Paw have an interesting development for the Aro in particular - The use of an integral collar and so discarding the Naim collar.

This was something David Williamson and I discussed quite a number of years ago now when the Keel for Aro was in development. We decided that so as to keep the Aro as faithful/compementary to the original Naim design as possible, and so the original Naim collar needed to be used. However, eliminating this collar may well offer sonic advantages!
It's an interesting one, as the pinning of the Aro bearing in the collar has long been known to really influence the sound of the Aro. Just the lightest nip is required, if the locking grub screw is over-tightened it will cut in to the bearing pillar and the Aro sounds nowhere near as good. The quality/intimacy of fit is just so important here as doubtless the guys have found out!Smile
Achieving a really effective mounting of the Aro bearing within any of these competing sub-chassis will be critical IMHO. So, just one more area of the sub-chassis design to think about! In this case, specific to the Aro, but an indication of how much thought and experimentation has got to go into a product such as this. These are most certainly not clones, that's for sure, rather the result of some serious thinking and experimentation.

Exciting times and I'm looking forward hearing these new sub-chassis.

KR

Peter

Tel 0333 200 4475
Skype - peteratcymbiosis
www.cymbiosis.com
2015-06-25, 07:53
Hi Peter, I thought you were heading off to the US last Monday:-)

Certainly sounds like interesting times for LP12 owners! Great job on the new place by the way, and a really nice setting. I meant to ask you, were those Kudos speakers we listened through C20 or Super 20?
2015-06-25, 11:45
(2015-06-25 07:53)TPA Wrote:  Hi Peter, I thought you were heading off to the US last Monday:-)

Certainly sounds like interesting times for LP12 owners! Great job on the new place by the way, and a really nice setting. I meant to ask you, were those Kudos speakers we listened through C20 or Super 20?

Just bog standard C20s Roger and it's the Super 20s and Titans that are Exaktable!

KR

Peter

Tel 0333 200 4475
Skype - peteratcymbiosis
www.cymbiosis.com
2015-06-26, 13:07
(2015-06-24 20:51)What You See and Hear Wrote:  
(2015-06-24 16:24)TPA Wrote:  "and will also be coming to Colin at What you See and Hear - in fact I hope that we will be able to do an open day/event there very soon so that customers can listen to some direct comparisons".
Kind regards, Roger
Hi
SATURDAY 4TH JULY.
Maybe some fireworks and certainly some lateral thinking and independence in Rogers design, which is refreshingly different to the "me too" approach that's the norm.
The Akula has merit and this will be an interesting and informative day where Tiger Paw's innovative product can be seen and heard.
We will run this event from 11.00-4.00 in our main demonstration room and would appreciate if you could let us know if you wish to attend. Roger will be here and we want to make this enjoyable and easy going with the emphasis on music rather than Hi-Fi.
I will post more information on our website after our Linn Space Optimisation event this Saturday and if you would like to come along please contact me at the showroom on 01494 681300 or by email at:
colin@wysah.com.
You will be made very welcome.
This won't be posted on Linn events as it's not a Linn product and it would be taking the piss out of Linn's hospitality. However we have represented Roger in a low key way for three years and this clever sub-chassis is interesting enough for me to post on this part of the forum.
Regards
Colin.

Colin and Roger,
why no Keel-Akula comparisons?

http://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum/showt...p?t=174853

KR Matt

LP12 / Exposure / JBL3677
2015-06-26, 13:27
Hi Matt, I will be bringing an Akula/Aro deck along but not sure whether I can arrange to do a direct A/B (with and without) at that event. Certainly if there is anyway I can do that then I will.