Linn Forums

Current time: 2017-10-18, 04:55 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Announcements, News and Events / Announcements & Linn News v / Linn Customer Event – 24th September 2015

Linn Customer Event – 24th September 2015
2015-08-28, 12:19 (This post was last modified: 2015-08-28 12:20 by Donald.)
RE: Linn Customer Event – 24th September 2015
(2015-08-28 11:24)macrotech Wrote:  I assumed this was a Saturday, but it's actually a Thursday. That's going to cut down the number of attendees (or is Linn's target demographic now the retired and people who don't need to work?

The current lifestyle images clearly show Linn's target demographic - none of these people are "retired" but may fall into the category of "...don't need to work!".

(2015-08-28 11:24)macrotech Wrote:  Optional forum names of course. There was such an outcry when Linn wanted everyone to reveal their true names.

I don't have a problem with this at a Linn event such as the one on the 24th September - my experience has been very positive in relation to networking with Forum members. On a number of occasions I've only found out later through the Forum that I was at the same event with someone I'm exchanging Posts or PMs with. At the GTG before the 40th anniversary event, thanks to sunbeamgls, we all had name badges with our Forum and real names.

This, of course. would be completely optional.

The outcry happened after the attempt to oblige us to reveal our true names on a Public Forum - that was a step too far!

Unidisk SC | Majik LP12 | Trampolin 2 | Lingo 3.
Akurate DSM | Akurate Exaktbox 10 | 2 x Akurate 4200/1 | Exakt dual-mono Keilidhs
Raspberry Pi 2 Model B | IQAudio Pi-DAC+ | Audiolab 8000A | AR28s.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2015-08-28, 18:07
Just had an email about the event, which also mentions several events in London from 10th to 13th September. I've signed up for Thursday evening, so it sounds like I may get to hear the new systems earlier than if I'd been free on the 24th!

Main System: KRDSM > Lejonklou Tundra > 242s (Mk2)
Second System: Sneaky > Majik 109s
Third System: Sneaky DSM > K104s
2015-08-28, 18:10
(2015-08-28 18:07)rowlandhills Wrote:  Just had an email about the event, which also mentions several events in London from 10th to 13th September. I've signed up for Thursday evening, so it sounds like I may get to hear the new systems earlier than if I'd been free on the 24th!

Yes, I understand they are doing one of the events at a vio-Linn factory.

Exakt Surround 5.0:
AEDSM, Exakt Akubariks, Akurate Exaktbox 6/4200 for 225 Centre, Majik Exaktbox I for 212 Surrds, OPPO 105 on StillPoints.
Power: Environmental Potentials 2460, Shunyata Triton, Zitron Cobras, Alpha Digitals
Room Acoustics: SPACE, SubDude HT's, Acoustic Panels
2015-08-28, 18:18
Tickets Booked.
2015-08-28, 18:49
(2015-08-28 18:07)rowlandhills Wrote:  Just had an email about the event, which also mentions several events in London from 10th to 13th September. I've signed up for Thursday evening, so it sounds like I may get to hear the new systems earlier than if I'd been free on the 24th!

Does anyone know if it's the same event ? The agenda for London shows an hour (7pm and 8pm) which is either very short or two streams concurrent ?

I'm closer to London than Glasgow and the flights from Southampton to Glasgow aren't great (can get there, but would have to stay over, or back on the 6pm).

Someone needs to maintain a public list of who's going where as would be great to meet people, but fear we'll all end up at different places.

Regards, Mike
2015-08-28, 18:52
I don't think that they're the same event, not least as the one on the 24th includes a factory tour which would be tricky in London...

I suspect that the London events will be open to all customers and only involve a demo of whatever new systems are out there, whereas the one on the 24th may be forum focused and cover other topics of interest to those present.

Main System: KRDSM > Lejonklou Tundra > 242s (Mk2)
Second System: Sneaky > Majik 109s
Third System: Sneaky DSM > K104s
2015-08-28, 18:54
(2015-08-28 18:52)rowlandhills Wrote:  I don't think that they're the same event, not least as the one on the 24th includes a factory tour which would be tricky in London...

I suspect that the London events will be open to all customers and only involve a demo of whatever new systems are out there, whereas the one on the 24th may be forum focused and cover other topics of interest to those present.

Yes, I get that - but the email says both:

YOUR INVITATION TO LINN LAUNCH EVENTS IN GLASGOW AND LONDON

And then says "if you are closer to London". Obviously, the Glasgow one covers a factory tour - but is the rest of the content the same?

Regards, Mike
2015-08-28, 20:08
(2015-08-27 19:26)Paulssurround Wrote:  I will look into booking a flight across the pond.

Last time, using airline points, it was Vancouver to San Franscico, San Franscisco to Frankfurt, Frankfurt to Edinburgh.

This time will probably be Vancouver to Bangkok to New Delhi to Glasgow. Tongue

Icelandair Vancouver-Keflavik-Glasgow is your friend...
2015-08-28, 22:53
(2015-08-28 20:08)idoc Wrote:  
(2015-08-27 19:26)Paulssurround Wrote:  I will look into booking a flight across the pond.

Last time, using airline points, it was Vancouver to San Franscico, San Franscisco to Frankfurt, Frankfurt to Edinburgh.

This time will probably be Vancouver to Bangkok to New Delhi to Glasgow. Tongue

Icelandair Vancouver-Keflavik-Glasgow is your friend...

Thank you idoc

I looked it up on the Icelandic Air site, but the prices are higher than expected.

15 years ago, I took time off work and spent 2 wonderful weeks touring the Icelandic National Choir and Dance Troup around Vancouver, Victoria and the Rocky Mountains. Wonderful people!!!
I was given an Icelandic sweater, as an honourary Icelander. Big Grin

Exakt Surround 5.0:
AEDSM, Exakt Akubariks, Akurate Exaktbox 6/4200 for 225 Centre, Majik Exaktbox I for 212 Surrds, OPPO 105 on StillPoints.
Power: Environmental Potentials 2460, Shunyata Triton, Zitron Cobras, Alpha Digitals
Room Acoustics: SPACE, SubDude HT's, Acoustic Panels
2015-08-28, 23:00
(2015-08-27 17:38)gavinm Wrote:  What could be more exciting than the prospect of new products from Linn?

Being among the first to hear them and meeting the very people who developed them at a special Linn event here at the factory, of course!

We’d be delighted if you could join us in Glasgow as we reveal the newest additions to our range, which include new systems, separates and a healthy dose of Exakt technology. Meet the engineers for a behind-the-scenes look at the new products and hear what they can do in our demonstration facilities in the Linn Home. Plus if you haven’t been before, take a tour of the Linn factory.

We’ll kick the day off from 12.30pm with time to meet up, relax and chat over an informal lunch. We’ll then move on to a variety of demonstrations throughout the afternoon before, in the usual tradition, travelling into the city for a few beverages.

To help us keep track of numbers, please book your place on our Event page here. Feel free to bring someone along – just indicate if it’s 1 or 2 tickets you need.

We’ll have a bus leaving Glasgow city centre at midday and returning in the evening. Please email marketing@linn.co.uk if you’d like a seat on the bus and we’ll get back to you with the details.

Hope to see you there.

Any suggestions on places to stay overnight ? Where are other people staying (if staying over?)

Regards, Mike