Linn Forums

Current time: 2017-10-22, 21:51 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Announcements, News and Events / Announcements & Linn News v / Linn Customer Event – 24th September 2015

Linn Customer Event – 24th September 2015
2015-08-29, 19:29
RE: Linn Customer Event – 24th September 2015
(2015-08-29 13:28)sunbeamgls Wrote:  From the promotional email, it would seem that the new systems are focused on lifestyle and interior decor :-(

Probably why it's on a Thursday too, the trendy don't need to work types as mentioned before!

Sources: Antelope Zodiac Platinum with Dirac Live
Amps: Nord One UP NC500MBs (with Sonic Imagery 994 op amps)
Speakers: B&W 802D2s & 2x SVS SB13 Ultras
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2015-08-30, 18:05
I'm excited, I'm booked in for coming to Scotland on the 24th with CJS Big Grin, sorry can't make the night before, but it's the only time I can get off...

Avalon

Akurate Exakt DSM, Akurate Exaktbox 10, two Akurate 4200 power amps, klimax chakra twin(Dk), Akubarik High Gloss Rosewood speakers,nordost Tyr, ipad 2 & KazooServer Minimserver and Asset server running on a Qnap 251, backed up to remote Qnap 231. Sonos for multiroom. SPACED OUT
2015-08-30, 19:45
It seems I will be at the Linn event on the 24th and the get together the night beforehand. Big Grin

Exakt Surround 5.0:
Katalyst Akubariks, AEDSM, Akurate Exaktbox 6/4200 for 225 Centre, Majik Exaktbox I for 212 Surrounds, OPPO 105 on StillPoints.
Power: Environmental Potentials 2460, Shunyata Triton, Zitron Cobras, Alpha Digitals
Room Acoustics: SPACE, SubDude HT's, Acoustic Panels
2015-08-31, 10:40
Hi,
I wonder if I could get some help please, I am booking hotel rooms today for myself and 2 other forum members and we have all agreed that a premier inn would be very suitable. One of the forum members mentioned to me that the Linn bus will probably leave from the area it did on the 40th anniversary event ( I wasnt at that so dont know the location) If any of you do know the Bus location would you please inform me so that I can choose the closest hotel, Bearing in mind we will all want a nice quiet sleep and would prefer not to walk too far in a city we dont know . I also dont want to get blamed for getting the Hotel wrongBig Grin

Thanks very much

Avalon

Akurate Exakt DSM, Akurate Exaktbox 10, two Akurate 4200 power amps, klimax chakra twin(Dk), Akubarik High Gloss Rosewood speakers,nordost Tyr, ipad 2 & KazooServer Minimserver and Asset server running on a Qnap 251, backed up to remote Qnap 231. Sonos for multiroom. SPACED OUT
2015-08-31, 10:45
When I was in Glasgow I found the George Carlton Hotel very nice and convenient located right in the center.
BY
2015-08-31, 10:45
(2015-08-31 10:40)avalon Wrote:  Hi,
I wonder if I could get some help please, I am booking hotel rooms today for myself and 2 other forum members and we have all agreed that a premier inn would be very suitable. One of the forum members mentioned to me that the Linn bus will probably leave from the area it did on the 40th anniversary event ( I wasnt at that so dont know the location) If any of you do know the Bus location would you please inform me so that I can choose the closest hotel, Bearing in mind we will all want a nice quiet sleep and would prefer not to walk too far in a city we dont know . I also dont want to get blamed for getting the Hotel wrongBig Grin

Thanks very much

Avalon

I've just had an email from Linn and they recommend these two:

We’ll confirm details in a few weeks, however we’d recommend The Carlton George (http://lin.mn/1LNgJ3B) or Citizen M (http://lin.mn/1IxYMP3) as hotels. (You can also get a discount on the latter if you enter discount code FRIEND).

The latter seems quite good (very Danish).

Regards, Mike
2015-08-31, 10:58
Thanks guys, I will have a look at them after I do my run, I'm looking forward to meeting all of you Big Grin

Regards

Avalon

2015-08-31, 11:23 (This post was last modified: 2015-08-31 12:17 by MikeSpragg.)
(2015-08-31 10:58)avalon Wrote:  Thanks guys, I will have a look at them after I do my run, I'm looking forward to meeting all of you Big Grin

Regards

Avalon

And vice-versa! Booked into the Carlton George as seemed a little more personal (other hotel appeared to be a bit like a rabbit hutch!)

Regards, Mike
2015-08-31, 12:11
(2015-08-31 10:40)avalon Wrote:  I wonder if I could get some help please, I am booking hotel rooms today for myself and 2 other forum members and we have all agreed that a premier inn would be very suitable. One of the forum members mentioned to me that the Linn bus will probably leave from the area it did on the 40th anniversary event ( I wasnt at that so dont know the location) If any of you do know the Bus location would you please inform me so that I can choose the closest hotel, Bearing in mind we will all want a nice quiet sleep and would prefer not to walk too far in a city we dont know . I also dont want to get blamed for getting the Hotel wrongBig Grin

Hi avalon

Be good to meet all you guys (and gals?) on the 24th and perhaps at the GTG on the 23rd as well?

Linn Marketing have advised me: -

"The drop off and pick up and will be from Glasgow City Centre, likely George Square. However, this is still unconfirmed so we’ll be emailing in a few weeks with a definitive location."

This is a very central location and easily accessible on foot from most of the local hotels. Some of the Premier Inns and others are "not so central" so check on Google Maps first or Post a Question or PM!

Unidisk SC | Majik LP12 | Trampolin 2 | Lingo 3.
Akurate DSM | Akurate Exaktbox 10 | 2 x Akurate 4200/1 | Exakt dual-mono Keilidhs
Raspberry Pi 2 Model B | IQAudio Pi-DAC+ | Audiolab 8000A | AR28s.
2015-08-31, 12:19
(2015-08-31 10:40)avalon Wrote:  Hi,

Thanks very much

Avalon

The bus for the 40th celebration collected at the Millennium Hotel in George Square. I often stay there, but Paulsurround didn't have a great night's sleep Sad and isn't keen to do a repeat visit. There is a Premier Inn on George Street just 2 mins walk from George Square.

I haven't booked a hotel yet as I was going to wait until the venue for the GTG was decided (it was in the Counting House last time, also on George Square).

Paul.

KDS2 - KK1D - Silvers - KXOs - Silvers - 8 x SolosD - K400 - Killer Keltiks