Linn Forums

Current time: 2017-10-19, 21:12 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Meta / Linn Website Feedback v / Website refresh and introducing Series 5

Website refresh and introducing Series 5
2015-09-11, 12:22
RE: Website refresh and introducing Series 5
(2015-09-11 11:44)Briain Wrote:  
(2015-09-11 11:10)Jim Collinson Wrote:  
(2015-09-11 11:05)macrotech Wrote:  There's a huge bug in all the "in-home" photos. Nothing is wired up so everyone will be wondering why they've spent their hard earned dosh but can't hear any music.

But remember, as these are Exakt speakers, there are no fat speaker cables to hide — slender Ethernet cables are much easier to conceal! Wink

Ah, that's a shame; looking at the photos, I assumed that you'd designed a new radio protocol to create 'Wireless EXAKT' speakers. That said, I couldn't spot a parabolic dish atop the new speakers (though being a radio enthusiast, I'd have quite liked that feature). Maybe you could coat the bass units in conductive material (to enable them to work as dish reflectors) and fit the antenna (the launcher) just in front of them; it could be cunningly concealed at the peak of an extended 'dust cap' on the bass unit? If you did that, the 'Radio EXAKT DSM' could be sited on the other side of the room (with the bass unit 'dishes' pointing directly at it); now there's a fun idea for an innovative new product! Big Grin

Bump...

Go on, make my day - Cat5, 6 or 7 - what do Linn recommend for Exakt links?

Unidisk SC | Majik LP12 | Trampolin 2 | Lingo 3.
Akurate DSM | Akurate Exaktbox 10 | 2 x Akurate 4200/1 | Exakt dual-mono Keilidhs
Raspberry Pi 2 Model B | IQAudio Pi-DAC+ | Audiolab 8000A | AR28s.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2015-09-11, 12:33
(2015-09-11 12:22)Donald Wrote:  
(2015-09-11 11:44)Briain Wrote:  
(2015-09-11 11:10)Jim Collinson Wrote:  
(2015-09-11 11:05)macrotech Wrote:  There's a huge bug in all the "in-home" photos. Nothing is wired up so everyone will be wondering why they've spent their hard earned dosh but can't hear any music.

But remember, as these are Exakt speakers, there are no fat speaker cables to hide — slender Ethernet cables are much easier to conceal! Wink

Ah, that's a shame; looking at the photos, I assumed that you'd designed a new radio protocol to create 'Wireless EXAKT' speakers. That said, I couldn't spot a parabolic dish atop the new speakers (though being a radio enthusiast, I'd have quite liked that feature). Maybe you could coat the bass units in conductive material (to enable them to work as dish reflectors) and fit the antenna (the launcher) just in front of them; it could be cunningly concealed at the peak of an extended 'dust cap' on the bass unit? If you did that, the 'Radio EXAKT DSM' could be sited on the other side of the room (with the bass unit 'dishes' pointing directly at it); now there's a fun idea for an innovative new product! Big Grin

Bump...

Go on, make my day - Cat5, 6 or 7 - what do Linn recommend for Exakt links?

I know you are teasing but anyway Big Grin

http://docs.linn.co.uk/wiki/index.php/Kl...akt_System

Quote:
Cables

Exakt Link uses readily available network cables:
CAT 5 UTP/FTP
CAT 6 UTP/FTP

Note: There is no change in the audio performance of the Exakt Link between Cat 5 or Cat 6 Cables.

End Quote

Which doesn't mean I would agree with that quote, actually the opposite. Big Grin
BY
2015-09-11, 13:16
(2015-09-11 12:33)Baba Yaga Wrote:  I know you are teasing but anyway Big Grin

http://docs.linn.co.uk/wiki/index.php/Kl...akt_System

Thanks BY - didn't know they had edited the wording on cables to include Cat6 now.

Big Grin

Unidisk SC | Majik LP12 | Trampolin 2 | Lingo 3.
Akurate DSM | Akurate Exaktbox 10 | 2 x Akurate 4200/1 | Exakt dual-mono Keilidhs
Raspberry Pi 2 Model B | IQAudio Pi-DAC+ | Audiolab 8000A | AR28s.
2015-09-11, 13:34
The accesories, power amps and upgrades links on the hifi separates overview page on the mobile version don't seem to work.

MDS, MF M3i, B&W CM8
2015-09-11, 13:41
(2015-09-11 13:34)fu140 Wrote:  The accesories, power amps and upgrades links on the hifi separates overview page on the mobile version don't seem to work.

Cheers, that'll be sorted when we push out the next update this afternoon.
2015-09-11, 22:30
Looking at the Majik speaker range overview I spot a number of errors. I think.

1. On-board amplification, don't think so.
2. Drive units are the same across all speakers, and erroneous. No 75 mm midrange used in any Majik as far as I know. The described drive units seems to be the Akudorik ones.

/HansBertil
2015-09-13, 17:19
@Jim.

When you click on "find out more" for the Akurate 226 the highlighted bullet points are clearly not from a speaker.

Also, when you have a look at "compare speakers" the dimensions are not the same as listed in the LinnDocs (manuals) section....
2015-09-14, 12:23
Radikals have new features...:

Network music player and pre-amplifier
7 inputs, including HDMI and XLR
Balanced & unbalanced stereo analogue outputs
Exakt-ready with two Exakt Link connections

...but not likely. Based on same error as in above two posts I think...
2015-09-30, 08:38
Hi
first to say i like the new website.

On the turntablesite
http://www.linn.co.uk/hifi-separates/turntables

For me it would be more logic to have on the left part of the site the klimaxparts and on the right part the majikstuff.

It it is now it is a mix.
Some times Klimax on the left some times Majik on the left.
But this only my personal opinion.

Kind regards and thank you for your good products.
Alex
2015-11-05, 13:41
Small mistake on KDS(M) site
http://www.linn.co.uk/hifi-separates/net...-exakt-dsm

In the comparison chart, the exact-only DSM is said to have both an RCA and a balanced analogue output...

Cheers

Music never sounded this good.