Linn Forums

Current time: 2017-12-14, 16:12 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Music / Recorded Music v / Tidal Dropouts?

Tidal Dropouts?
2015-10-24, 09:53
Tidal Dropouts?
Anyone else been experiencing dropouts on Tidal over the last 24 hours? It's usually perfect so I'm just wondering whether it's me or them. I'm in the UK. Cheers.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2015-10-24, 13:40
RE: Tidal Dropouts?
No, works good for me. (From now on drop outs will of course start appearing.) I'm located in Sweden. /HB
2015-10-24, 14:36 (This post was last modified: 2015-10-24 14:42 by What You See and Hear.)
(2015-10-24 09:53)drsean Wrote:  Anyone else been experiencing dropouts on Tidal over the last 24 hours? It's usually perfect so I'm just wondering whether it's me or them. I'm in the UK. Cheers.

Hi

Yes. Started yesterday afternoon and today (Saturday) if dropped out again so I've gone back to our server instead. Irritating when Tidal drops out and buffers but the problem seems to be at their end. The annoying thing is that I have a client who has stalled on an Exakt upgrade because his wife said that the Linn Akurate DSM wasn't working properly, and although he wants the upgrade he can't get it past her at the moment. Her reasoning is the Linn system is faulty as Tidal is part of the Linn Kazoo app so why should they spend more money on Linn if the problem isn't fixed. In her eyes because Tidal is on Kazoo it's part of the Linn system. An Akudorik sale scuppered for the time being.

Regards.

Colin Macey. WYSAH Beaconsfield.

www.whatyouseeandhear.com
www.wysah.com
01494 681300.
email colin@wysah.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2015-10-24, 14:59
Yes I have had the same drop outs last night and again this afternoon- never had any issues before!

Linn KEDSM & Exakt Akubariks
2015-10-25, 00:19
Thanks all. It is unusual - I've had very, very few problems over the last 12 months (which is why I wanted to confirm it wasn't a problem at my end). Sorry to hear it's impacting sales too Sad
2015-10-25, 08:42
(2015-10-24 14:36)What You See and Hear Wrote:  Her reasoning is the Linn system is faulty as Tidal is part of the Linn Kazoo app so why should they spend more money on Linn if the problem isn't fixed. In her eyes because Tidal is on Kazoo it's part of the Linn system. An Akudorik sale scuppered for the time being.

Suggest Qobuz? Cool
2015-10-25, 13:34 (This post was last modified: 2015-10-25 13:39 by mickc.)
(2015-10-24 14:36)What You See and Hear Wrote:  
(2015-10-24 09:53)drsean Wrote:  Anyone else been experiencing dropouts on Tidal over the last 24 hours? It's usually perfect so I'm just wondering whether it's me or them. I'm in the UK. Cheers.

Hi

Yes. Started yesterday afternoon and today (Saturday) if dropped out again so I've gone back to our server instead. Irritating when Tidal drops out and buffers but the problem seems to be at their end. The annoying thing is that I have a client who has stalled on an Exakt upgrade because his wife said that the Linn Akurate DSM wasn't working properly, and although he wants the upgrade he can't get it past her at the moment. Her reasoning is the Linn system is faulty as Tidal is part of the Linn Kazoo app so why should they spend more money on Linn if the problem isn't fixed. In her eyes because Tidal is on Kazoo it's part of the Linn system. An Akudorik sale scuppered for the time being.

Regards.

Sad that's unfortunate, Colin. I eventually signed up for a year with Qobuz after trialling that and Tidal, and experiencing a fair few dropouts with the latter.
Qobuz has, so far, been absolutely fine, and I think for the comparatively small cost to a business it may well be worth considering.
It seemed a little strange that no mention was made of Qobuz by Linn at the London event I attended last month. It was almost as if Tidal was the only online streaming source available to Linn DS/DSM users.

Mick

PS As an aside, I looked up how to pronounce Qobuz. Apparently it's 'cow-buzz'! I've been saying 'quo-buzz' and 'co-buzz'...

LP12SE * KDS/3 * KK/1/D * Solos/1/D * Akubarik/P
MDSM/3 * Majik 109
2015-10-25, 14:10
Getting Tidal dropouts here. Been problem free for ages.

'troll
2017-09-18, 11:26
Rather than start a new thread....
Tidal is terrible here this morning. Line speed - ok. Sky Go - ok. Tidal - unusable. Does anyone know their status page? I only find their twitter feed, last updated in 2015, so assume it must have moved?

Akurate EDSM | Majik ExaktBox-I [on Custom Design iRAPs] | Majik 140, REL T5
Rega RP1, [QNAP HS-251+, Jitterbug, MinimServer, Asset], Kazoo [Linx1010]

AV: Marantz NR1506 | B&W 620(C), M1(S), REL T5 (LFE) | Fronts powered by Linn
Net: NetGear DGN2200 | GS108 | AQ Forest x3

Hello to Jason Isaacs
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2017-10-06, 17:03
Since a week or two I have the same issue..
Network is more than ok.

SET 300B, Majik DS-i, Sneaky DS, Mc Systems M3, LP12, Ekos SE/1, Kore, Dynamiked Radikal, Urika, Kandid!, Blotevogel CD-STR+, Steve Herbelin's Tube Dampers, DH Lab powercords