Linn Forums

Current time: 2017-10-18, 04:55 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Announcements, News and Events / Announcements & Linn News v / Hi-Fi Corner Falkirk re-opens

Hi-Fi Corner Falkirk re-opens
2015-11-04, 12:09
Hi-Fi Corner Falkirk re-opens
Hi Folks,

The renovation of our Falkirk store is nearly complete and we are opening the doors again on Saturday 7th November at 10.45am (this Saturday).

To celebrate we are having an open day:

We will be playing a Klimax Exakt system from 10.45am till 5pm, including Klimax LP12, along with a set of Akudoriks on the shop floor.

We are offering 20% off all vinyl on the day and more importantly... cake!!

Please feel free to come along and have a look with what we have done with the place, we look forward to seeing you (and showing off some great hi fi).

Kind Regards

Struan

Shop Details:
Hi-Fi Corner
44 Cow Wynd
Falkirk
FK1 4PU
01324 629 011
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2015-11-04, 13:52
RE: Hi-Fi Corner Falkirk re-opens
Struan,

I am busy this Saturday running a nearly new sale for the national childbirth trust (https://www.nct.org.uk/branches/glasgow/...new-sales) so will not be able to come along to see the new look store

Probably less interest on this forum for attendees but we will also be serving cake Smile

Hope the re-opening goes well

All the best

Phil.
2015-11-04, 13:58
Hi

Ah, nothing like a healthy bit of event competition. If you both specified exactly which types of cakes will be on offer, it might help people with their decision processes.

Bri Smile

KDS/1 (music) + ADSM (AV) -> KK/1 -> 350A + miniDSP time & phase aligned 345 rear sub
KDS Renew -> Homebrew fixed attenuator -> 2250/D -> 212 and Sizmik front sub (bedroom)
MDSI -> 104C (awaiting installation in my kitchen)
MDSI -> Shahinian Arc (installed at my mum's house)
2015-11-04, 14:30
Thank you Phil, and good luck with your sale, a very worthy cause.

As competitive as I am Bri I cant compete with the cake of a charity, I will say their cake will no doubt be better, but if you cant make their sale ours will be a good second best Smile
2015-11-04, 14:40 (This post was last modified: 2015-11-04 14:42 by PaulW.)
(2015-11-04 14:30)Hi-Fi Corner Edinburgh Wrote:  As competitive as I am Bri I cant compete with the cake of a charity, I will say their cake will no doubt be better, but if you cant make their sale ours will be a good second best Smile

Throw in some wine: that'll clinch it TongueBig Grin

Good luck to you and Philbo for Saturday. I hope both events go well.

Paul.

KDS2 - KK1D - Silvers - KXOs - Silvers - 8 x SolosD - K400 - Killer Keltiks
2015-11-04, 14:43 (This post was last modified: 2015-11-04 14:46 by Briain.)
True, but for all you know, Phil might be taking a trailer full of old Solos and 350Ps to the bring and buy stall, so I'd suggest you offer whisky with the cake to ensure a high attendance at your own event (and whisky in the cake to ensure high post-demonstration sales). You'd still be safe from the likes of me; Falkirk entails driving and thus for me, booze (and/or boozy cake) would most certainly not be the wisest of plans! Smile

Sadly, I'll be at another event (Microwave radio related) but I will drop in and have a look at the new shop, next time I'm passing Falkirk.

Hope you have a great (and great fun) day!

Bri Smile

Edit:
(2015-11-04 14:40)PaulW Wrote:  Throw in some wine: that'll clinch it TongueBig Grin

Ah, simultaneous posting proposing drink to enhance attendance; one wonders if this a case of great minds thinking alike, or fools never differing? Tongue

KDS/1 (music) + ADSM (AV) -> KK/1 -> 350A + miniDSP time & phase aligned 345 rear sub
KDS Renew -> Homebrew fixed attenuator -> 2250/D -> 212 and Sizmik front sub (bedroom)
MDSI -> 104C (awaiting installation in my kitchen)
MDSI -> Shahinian Arc (installed at my mum's house)
2015-11-04, 15:12 (This post was last modified: 2015-11-04 15:13 by Donald.)
Wine, whisky, cake - now you've sparked my interest!

Oh and apparently there's some connection with hi-fi as well?

Have a great day Struan (and Phil) - hope to drop in sometime soon.

Unidisk SC | Majik LP12 | Trampolin 2 | Lingo 3.
Akurate DSM | Akurate Exaktbox 10 | 2 x Akurate 4200/1 | Exakt dual-mono Keilidhs
Raspberry Pi 2 Model B | IQAudio Pi-DAC+ | Audiolab 8000A | AR28s.