Linn Forums

Current time: 2017-12-14, 16:18 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn Music Systems & Hi-fi Separates / Hi-Fi Separates and Components v / Komri - still alive !!!

Komri - still alive !!!
2017-10-03, 19:06
RE: Komri - still alive !!!
Hi Komri friends, i just posted some pics of my Komrisystem at "Show us your
Linn system". Btw: i run them at the 0-position

https://forums.linn.co.uk/bb/showthread....3&page=307

Klimax Lp12 (Radikal/Keel/Ekos se/Karmen/Kandid/Urika), altlp12 (Woodsong ebony/Radikal/Keel/TP Tranq/Aro/Skale/Karmen/dvxv1t/Naim superline/hicap dr), cd12, ads/2, kk/2, klimax tb, 8 ks/d, Komri
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-10-04, 16:09 (This post was last modified: 2017-10-04 16:14 by Hamburg1.)
(2017-10-03 19:06)Saarjo Wrote:  Hi Komri friends, i just posted some pics of my Komrisystem at "Show us your

Wow - what a Joy - for eye and ear !!!
(ear i guess Tongue)

Just to say something stupid - Maybe there are some small remarks allowed ??? Did you try Linn Skeets? I was amazed when I put my Komris on Skeets instead of directly on the floor tiles. And I have never seen the Komris so strongly in the corner, maybe there is a way to give them a bit more air to breeze - I have a similar situation and I just don´t care about the window - having optimized them just by Tunedem and not by WAF Cool So let them come more into your room this might be better ? Sorry for these direct words - but I am german Big Grin

Yes I also had them on 0 for all. But as you can see in the last Posts, I had in my room a major improvement by checking up and down every Level and came out with a small -0,5 for the Bass and Upper Bass. So it is worth to try when you have time and some Support by someone who loves to Tunedem with you. I turned the back of the Tuneboxes to the front to have it a bit more convenient Rolleyes

Again - I love your black Komris CoolCoolCool

Cheers Hamburg

KDSM/2 - KXO - Solos/1 - K800 ;-) - Komri
2017-10-04, 17:56
(2017-10-04 16:09)Hamburg1 Wrote:  
(2017-10-03 19:06)Saarjo Wrote:  Hi Komri friends, i just posted some pics of my Komrisystem at "Show us your

Wow - what a Joy - for eye and ear !!!
(ear i guess Tongue)

Just to say something stupid - Maybe there are some small remarks allowed ??? Did you try Linn Skeets? I was amazed when I put my Komris on Skeets instead of directly on the floor tiles. And I have never seen the Komris so strongly in the corner, maybe there is a way to give them a bit more air to breeze - I have a similar situation and I just don´t care about the window - having optimized them just by Tunedem and not by WAF Cool So let them come more into your room this might be better ? Sorry for these direct words - but I am german Big Grin

Yes I also had them on 0 for all. But as you can see in the last Posts, I had in my room a major improvement by checking up and down every Level and came out with a small -0,5 for the Bass and Upper Bass. So it is worth to try when you have time and some Support by someone who loves to Tunedem with you. I turned the back of the Tuneboxes to the front to have it a bit more convenient Rolleyes

Again - I love your black Komris CoolCoolCool

Cheers Hamburg
Hi, i have tried skeets and stillpoints but now i use Harmonix-they sound the best in my system. The placement is not optimal i know but what can i do....

Klimax Lp12 (Radikal/Keel/Ekos se/Karmen/Kandid/Urika), altlp12 (Woodsong ebony/Radikal/Keel/TP Tranq/Aro/Skale/Karmen/dvxv1t/Naim superline/hicap dr), cd12, ads/2, kk/2, klimax tb, 8 ks/d, Komri
2017-10-24, 16:45 (This post was last modified: 2017-10-24 16:45 by Hamburg1.)
Some days ago we were sitting infront of the nice sounding 242 driven by Solos of a friend of mine and we were kidding around about things to improve the Setup. Of course the feet of the 242 and their update made us talk about the feet. And of course we thought about the Komri feet..... So I sent out a PM to Philbo and asked him if it would be ok to publish his answer here in the thread. He agreed --- here we go:

---------------------------------------------
Dear Philbo,

I was just thinking about an idea to improve the Komris. Coming from the newer Speakers there were several new things like updating the feet of the 242.

Do you think it is a good idea to build some feet for the Komris like the 242 has?

Once you take this as a serious question - there come up some more things:
Should they be made of Aluminium in one piece - or should it be stainless steel - due to the higher weight of the Komris?
Would there be a sense to take a solid thickness of approx 2cm like the 242 has or should there be the same thinkness like today of approx 5cm or something in between?
Is it relevant to build the shape of the feet like 242s - maybe just the same angles like the 242 have (they are different in front and in the back)
Would it make sense to think of a 5th spike at the backside to give the Komris more foundation like the Keltiks have?
Maybe there have been plans to create some feet or already some sketches?

I know there is no focus on the Komris any more - but I love them and maybe you have some thoughts to share about this?

I would be very happy about your answer - knowing that you are deeply involved into Speakers Big Grin

Thank you
(...Hamburg1...)

Answer from Philbo:

Hi (...Hamburg1...),
I see little point in making an aluminium stand for the Komri, it would have to be either steel or stone.

The current stand is made from welded box section steel and is pretty robust. A large single plate may improve it, but I have never tried.

The reason for the feet on the Klimax and Akurate stands is to increase the footprint beyond the speaker without adding to much visual. The Komri stand effectively has out-rigger feet as part of the plinth.

If it were my project I would probably try to get something made in granite, or molded as a mineral casting (synthetic granite). The next option would be steel and this will be easier to find a supplier / workshop to do the job for you.

Will they bring an improvement? I honestly don't know. The existing stand is pretty solid and has quite a bit of weight...

Phil.

----------------------------------------------------

KDSM/2 - KXO - Solos/1 - K800 ;-) - Komri