Linn Forums

Current time: 2017-10-18, 04:56 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn Music Systems & Hi-fi Separates / Turntables & Record Players: Linn Sondek LP12 v / HOW THINGS WORK, LP12 manufacture on TV show

HOW THINGS WORK, LP12 manufacture on TV show
2016-05-27, 10:50
HOW THINGS WORK, LP12 manufacture on TV show

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2016-05-27, 11:17
RE: HOW THINGS WORK, LP12 manufacture on TV show
Thank You for making it visible for all!SmileTongue
2016-05-27, 11:21
Toungue RE: HOW THINGS WORK, LP12 manufacture on TV show
Thought I'd make it a sticky, have had a couple of folks only just finding it and starting new threads.

I have absolutely no personal interest in promoting this.....
(Contact my agent for any future filming projects)
2016-05-27, 11:42 (This post was last modified: 2016-05-27 11:42 by Tin.)
This Gordon Inch guy on the front seems more interesting and has a much better movie name than David, son of William. Tongue
Having said that, there is a certain movie industry where the name 'Inch' might be considered a disadvantage. Smile

I think Paulssurround will have trouble disrupting a thread as soon as I just did, so effectively I trolled at least 3 people in one post.

To make it better; I did enjoy watching it, and will be sure that SWMBO will watch it as well, without seeing my comments of course, or I will have trolled myself as well. Smile
I also noticed that there is another LP12 related youtube thing.
2016-05-27, 16:08
Well obviously when I applied to Equity to register for my stage name, I had to change it!

(There is a famous Australian playwright, with the same name and it is a 'little' to similar to David Walliams...)
2016-05-27, 21:12
Nice one Mr Williams.

Is that the new wide £250 belt that Linn have now developed?
2016-05-27, 23:00
(2016-05-27 11:21)David Williamson Wrote:  Thought I'd make it a sticky, have had a couple of folks only just finding it and starting new threads.

I have absolutely no personal interest in promoting this.....
(Contact my agent for any future filming projects)

I also watched this wonderful official video the other day. I really appreciate the great work of all the LP technicians including you in the video that has made this possible. Big Grin Hopefully I look forward to seeing more like this, which is good not only for LP users' enhancement of their first-hand knowledge on the Linn world but also for the more and wider publicity of timeless LP12.

LP12(fluted Afromosia)/Trampolin 2/Cirkus/Lingo 2, SME 3009 S2 Improved/Shure V15 Type 3, Marantz 3300, JBL SE400S, Krell KSA 50, Imotiva ERC-2, JBL 4343
2016-05-28, 06:29
(2016-05-27 11:42)Tin Wrote:  I think Paulssurround will have trouble disrupting a thread as soon as I just did, so effectively I trolled at least 3 people in one post.

Nice job on documenting the LP12 manufacturing process Mr. Williamson.

If I were to put a spin on this video, it would be to declare the LP-12 the greatest engineering marvel in Scottish history, next to fermenting and aged 40 year old Scotch. Rolleyes

Tin, you could needle me or twist my arm, but I will always bounce back at 33.33 rpm. I'll skip the rhetoric on your warped view, as it is absolutely vinyl. Tongue

I'll bring my analogue to a conclusion and go back to my digital world. Cool

Exakt Surround 5.0:
AEDSM, Exakt Akubariks, Akurate Exaktbox 6/4200 for 225 Centre, Majik Exaktbox I for 212 Surrds, OPPO 105 on StillPoints.
Power: Environmental Potentials 2460, Shunyata Triton, Zitron Cobras, Alpha Digitals
Room Acoustics: SPACE, SubDude HT's, Acoustic Panels
2016-05-28, 11:27
Thanks for posting. This was very interesting; especially to note hoe "digital" this analogue source is.

Victrola 1922 Floor model.
2016-05-30, 07:58
Greetings from Spain.

A great video!!! of the best turntable!!!

Cheers!!!
Javier.

Sad ufff! my english is poor... (with my mac-dictionary is better)Big Grin
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user