Linn Forums

Current time: 2017-10-21, 09:29 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn Music Systems & Hi-fi Separates / Network Music Players & Music Streamers / Exakt v / Solos passive -> Exakt Akudorik?

Solos passive -> Exakt Akudorik?
2016-06-05, 19:42
Solos passive -> Exakt Akudorik?
As you can see from my signature, I currently have 212s on Solos plus two 226 subs.

I was wondering if it would be worth considering Exakt Akudoriks with Exaktbox Sub for the two subs. Has anyone gone this way or from another Solos set-up to integrated Exakt? I would like to hear opinions before arranging a dem. Cheers!

LP12 (Klimax Radikal, Keel, Ekos SE, Kandid, Urika) - KDS/3 (QNAP TS-119, Netgear GS108) - KK/1 - Klimax Solos/D - Akurate 226 - Akurate 242
Keith Monks RCM II
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2016-06-06, 09:02
RE: Solos passive -> Exakt Akudorik?
With that fully loaded LP12 you are probably going to need the KEDSM, thing could start getting pricey.
2016-06-06, 11:46 (This post was last modified: 2016-06-06 11:47 by Tin.)
6 solos
1 KESDM
2 Klimax Exaktboxes
1 Exaktbox sub

Pheew... the KEDSM would be the cheap part.
I would consider listening to Exaktudoriks first through a dealer.

If you like that, you can always consider buying those or cough up a lot to get even a much better result.
If you're not -that- impressed by the Exaktudoriks I wouldn't bother with it; sure your setup would sound better, but for that pricetag even the cheap alternative would need to be an improvement.

PS Exaktudoriks may not be the correct name, but I like writing it, exaktudoriks, exaktudoriks. Smile
2016-06-06, 12:16
Thank you both. To clarify: If I go the Exaktroute it would be KEDSM and integrated Exakt Akudoriks. I would trade in my DS, the KK, the Solos and the 212s. I agree that from a financial perspective it would be a foolish step because I would end up with a system with a considerably lower resale value, but would still need to pay a hefty mark-up when buying new. But what about performance?

LP12 (Klimax Radikal, Keel, Ekos SE, Kandid, Urika) - KDS/3 (QNAP TS-119, Netgear GS108) - KK/1 - Klimax Solos/D - Akurate 226 - Akurate 242
Keith Monks RCM II
2016-06-06, 12:35 (This post was last modified: 2016-06-06 12:35 by mrco99.)
Solos and KDS2 still sell fairly quick s/h, so would consider selling those personally as an alternative to maximize revenue for the new Exakt purchase... or the dealer has to come up with an offer too good to ignore..

Haven´t heard the differences, but imagine at this performance & price level a home demo is the only serious option to make the right decision.

LP12 Radikal Keel Ekos2 Adikt - KRDS1 - Oppo UDP-205 - Lejonklou Slipsik 6.0 - Satagun Mono 1.3 Preamps - Tundra Mono 2.2 Poweramps - Klangedang T1 & Synkron filters

Lejonklou • NOKTable Turntable stand • Quadraspire supplier

www.hexagonaudio.eu
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2016-06-06, 12:56
(2016-06-06 12:16)Sondek Wrote:  Thank you both. To clarify: If I go the Exaktroute it would be KEDSM and integrated Exakt Akudoriks. I would trade in my DS, the KK, the Solos and the 212s. I agree that from a financial perspective it would be a foolish step because I would end up with a system with a considerably lower resale value, but would still need to pay a hefty mark-up when buying new. But what about performance?

That would depend for a very large part on personal taste I think.
I have a set of Aktiv 212s with Majik amps, and I wouldn't trade them in for a set of Exaktudoriks without listening to them first, even though in my case it should be a clear win/win.

In your case it's a win/lose making it a lot harder.
Each one has their strengts and weak spots.
2016-06-06, 18:12
I would never buy the Exakt System without a proper home demo. However, I would first like to gather some opinions. So far, your endorsement of Exakt seems to be quite limited...

Keith Monks RCM II
2016-06-06, 19:00
(2016-06-05 19:42)Sondek Wrote:  As you can see from my signature, I currently have 212s on Solos plus two 226 subs.

I was wondering if it would be worth considering Exakt Akudoriks with Exaktbox Sub for the two subs. Has anyone gone this way or from another Solos set-up to integrated Exakt? I would like to hear opinions before arranging a dem. Cheers!
You haven't mentioned what it is about your present stup that you are attempting to address. i.e.what is it about your setup that leaves you wanting?

Half of what I post on here is not worth reading; but I post it in order that the other half gets posted.
Boring stuff->Linn Blacks->More boring stuff->K400->Even more boring stuff, all layered with Magick Faerie Dust.
2016-06-06, 20:09
The thing is that I am extremely pleased with my system and there is really nothing to address. I am just curious if the already fantastic system could be further improved by going Exakt - or if it would be a step backwards.

Keith Monks RCM II
2016-06-06, 20:44
(2016-06-06 18:12)Sondek Wrote:  I would never buy the Exakt System without a proper home demo. However, I would first like to gather some opinions. So far, your endorsement of Exakt seems to be quite limited...
I don't listen much to other systems, so my personal experience with Exakt is limited.
On the other hand one of my strengths is data analysis, and there are to many, if not only, conflicting opinions on this subject.

I'd even go as far that there are conflicting opinions on the internet about

Akubarik
Akudorik

and

Passive with solos
Aktiv with Akurate
Aktiv with Majik
Exakt with Majik Exaktbox

and

with subwoofer
without subwoofer

in almost any combination you can think of, although I didn't come across the 350 with Majik or Akurate external amp combination. But almost all the others I did find.

I couldn't find anyone having an opinion on 350s and 242s with a platoon of solos or twins and Klimax Exaktboxes, but I'm sure that if I find 2 of them, they'll be conflicting.

I have this theory that Linn and Naim are approx. the same size because both companies make equally good, but different sounding equipment.
All the evidence so far supports my theory which means that yelling 'Just listen' to questions like yours is both safe and valid.

So, err.. just listen... but I already said that didn't I? Smile

PS if you want you can extend the conflicting hardware discussions with both LP12 vs DS and KK vs KDSM religious wars.
What fun it would be to have to compare
LP12 KEDSM Akurate Exaktboxes 212s with 226
KDS KK solos 350P
I'm sure that would make both the Brexit or US presidency discussions a walk in the parc.
PS2 for bonus points add Lejonklou amps or another brand of turntables.