Linn Forums

Current time: 2017-10-19, 11:51 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Announcements, News and Events / Announcements & Linn News v / Linn's summer promotion

Linn's summer promotion
2016-06-24, 16:41
Linn's summer promotion
Now that the small matter of the EU referendum's out the way, Linn owners can return to a question with far-reaching implications for the quality of their music life...

What will Linn's summer promotion be?

Well, opinion polls may have favoured an amp-related offer in recent years but we're about to find out what 2016 will bring.

In just a few days we'll announce what's on offer. In the meantime, stick some music on, enjoy your weekend and watch this space.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2016-06-24, 16:58
RE: Linn's summer promotion
(2016-06-24 16:41)gavinm Wrote:  Now that the small matter of the EU referendum's out the way, Linn owners can return to a question with far-reaching implications for the quality of their music life...

Well, opinion polls may have favoured an amp-related offer in recent years but we're about to find out what 2016 will bring.

In just a few days we'll announce what's on offer. In the meantime, stick some music on, enjoy your weekend and watch this space.

Music on .... And waiting Smile
2016-06-24, 16:59
(2016-06-24 16:41)gavinm Wrote:  Now that the small matter of the EU referendum's out the way, Linn owners can return to a question with far-reaching implications for the quality of their music life...

I suspect there will be a really good deal on the newly renamed Akubrexits. Tongue

I am going to guess the price has been reduced by 51.9%

Exakt Surround 5.0:
AEDSM, Exakt Akubariks, Akurate Exaktbox 6/4200 for 225 Centre, Majik Exaktbox I for 212 Surrds, OPPO 105 on StillPoints.
Power: Environmental Potentials 2460, Shunyata Triton, Zitron Cobras, Alpha Digitals
Room Acoustics: SPACE, SubDude HT's, Acoustic Panels
2016-06-24, 17:01

I'd like to do a straight swap of my Keilidhs for a pair of Akubariks please - I've seen lots of pairs of the latter kicking about at Linn HQ. Smile

I can even arrange to pick them up - no Courier costs involved and creates more space at the Factory for the Series 5 range? Smile

Unidisk SC | Majik LP12 | Trampolin 2 | Lingo 3.
Akurate DSM | Akurate Exaktbox 10 | 2 x Akurate 4200/1 | Exakt dual-mono Keilidhs
Raspberry Pi 2 Model B | IQAudio Pi-DAC+ | Audiolab 8000A | AR28s.
2016-06-24, 17:07
(2016-06-24 17:01)Donald Wrote:  

I'd like to do a straight swap of my Keilidhs for a pair of Akubariks please - I've seen lots of pairs of the latter kicking about at Linn HQ. Smile

I can even arrange to pick them up - no Courier costs involved and creates more space at the Factory for the Series 5 range? Smile

I would support that promotion for Donald.

Linn would end up with a pair of mint condition Keilidhs, and save on shipping costs. Cool

Exakt Surround 5.0:
AEDSM, Exakt Akubariks, Akurate Exaktbox 6/4200 for 225 Centre, Majik Exaktbox I for 212 Surrds, OPPO 105 on StillPoints.
Power: Environmental Potentials 2460, Shunyata Triton, Zitron Cobras, Alpha Digitals
Room Acoustics: SPACE, SubDude HT's, Acoustic Panels
2016-06-24, 17:11 (This post was last modified: 2016-06-24 17:13 by Donald.)
(2016-06-24 17:07)Paulssurround Wrote:  I would support that promotion for Donald.

Linn would end up with a pair of mint condition Keilidhs, and save on shipping costs. Cool

Thanks Paul - just to supplement that by adding that the Keilidhs are fully Aktiv and have the upgraded 038/2 tweeters.

I would throw in these added extras at no additional cost! Smile

Linn do have a limited number of Keilidhs used for driver measurements in Exakt - these would add to their collective knowledge.

Unidisk SC | Majik LP12 | Trampolin 2 | Lingo 3.
Akurate DSM | Akurate Exaktbox 10 | 2 x Akurate 4200/1 | Exakt dual-mono Keilidhs
Raspberry Pi 2 Model B | IQAudio Pi-DAC+ | Audiolab 8000A | AR28s.
2016-06-24, 18:05
Linn are going to announce the addition of SAT (Scottish Added Tax) to their pricelist, to help pay for another go at independence!

Mick

LP12SE * KDS/3 * KK/1/D * Solos/1/D * Akubarik/P
MDSM/3 * Majik 109
2016-06-25, 11:02
Is it allowed to say that I right now don't feel any need to upgrade anything?
I'm quite happy.
2016-06-25, 12:10
(2016-06-25 11:02)Tin Wrote:  Is it allowed to say that I right now don't feel any need to upgrade anything?
I'm quite happy.

More than allowed, Tin - I'm feeling the same!

LP12SE * KDS/3 * KK/1/D * Solos/1/D * Akubarik/P
MDSM/3 * Majik 109
2016-06-25, 12:27
(2016-06-25 12:10)mickc Wrote:  
(2016-06-25 11:02)Tin Wrote:  Is it allowed to say that I right now don't feel any need to upgrade anything?
I'm quite happy.

More than allowed, Tin - I'm feeling the same!
Shall we than both vote for Donalds Akubariks? That'll make us happy voters who don't mind that some one else benefits from something.

After all the "I'd rather gnaw off my leg and eat it, instead of sharing the cheese between my toes!" things we've heard the last few days, we might actually start a good thing.

Of course they're now all standing with their feet in their mouth, which completes my cheesy remark just fine. Smile