Linn Forums

Current time: 2018-05-21, 21:52 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn Music Systems & Hi-fi Separates / Hi-Fi Separates and Components v / Hypex Ncore amps

Hypex Ncore amps
2018-05-08, 22:55
RE: Hypex Ncore amps
(2018-05-03 09:46)Newbiehifi Wrote:  Apollon is going to ship me today.
It might take few days?

I'm also very curious.
Did you receive your amp already?
First impression?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2018-05-08, 22:56
(2018-05-08 22:55)Arnold Wrote:  
It might take few days?

I'm also very curious.
First impression?

Not yet. But I will post my comment once I got it and run in.
2018-05-09, 13:18
(2018-05-08 22:56)Newbiehifi Wrote:  Not yet. But I will post my comment once I got it and run in.

If it's anywhere near as good as the Nord I'm sure you will become a happy class D user.
2018-05-10, 15:30
(2018-05-09 13:18)Alex 54 Wrote:  
(2018-05-08 22:56)Newbiehifi Wrote:  Not yet. But I will post my comment once I got it and run in.

If it's anywhere near as good as the Nord I'm sure you will become a happy class D user.

I couldn't comment since I don't have Nord
But I do have a high expectation on it Smile
2018-05-14, 23:55
(2018-05-08 22:55)Arnold Wrote:  
It might take few days?

I'm also very curious.
First impression?

Hi, I have changed my username to align with my id in other forum.

I got my amp just yesterday night.
First impression is, the build quality of the amp is extraordinary.
Heavy body, aluminum plate, clean and shiny back plate with all plugs properly placed.

I also opened the internal and took some non professional pictures. It is amazing. The wiring are all hand made with proper routing and looks so so clean and tidy.

About sound, when I first turn on the amp, very obvious the bass are increased, much deeper and with more dynamic.
I have re calibrate my speaker yet so I believe some volume adjust is needed afterwards. Overall the vocal and musical are more stand out. The background is super quiet, I listen in mid night so I couldn't turn the volume up, but still can hear clearly all difference. I will certainly do more test later on.
I heard the amp require some burn in time about 2 weeks. So I will wait.

FYI, my speakers are Kef R300 with AV amp Denon X4300H.

Thanks.

2018-05-16, 13:28
(2018-05-14 23:55)laidickhk Wrote:  I got my amp just yesterday night.
Heavy body, aluminum plate, clean and shiny back plate with all plugs properly placed.
Thank you for sharing your experience and first impression.
It's looking very good.
In the meantime I've exchanged many mails with Tibor. All his answers are friendly, patiently and very informative. He knows his business. I have revised my opinion about Apollon Audio. Wink
So, I have also ordered an Apollon Audio amp. Big Grin
2018-05-16, 14:42
@laidickhk: Did you receive a manual together with your amplifier? I couldn't find one on their homepage.
What are the power-on options? There seems not to be a trigger input. Does the amplifier only provide the manual switch on the back or is there something like a music sensor?

Overall the amplifier looks quite impressive - enjoy it!

ADSM/0, NAD Masters M22, KEF R700
2018-05-16, 16:45 (This post was last modified: 2018-05-16 16:50 by laidickhk.)
(2018-05-16 13:28)Arnold Wrote:  
(2018-05-14 23:55)laidickhk Wrote:  I got my amp just yesterday night.
Thank you for sharing your experience and first impression.
It's looking very good.
In the meantime I've exchanged many mails with Tibor. All his answers are friendly, patiently and very informative. He knows his business. I have revised my opinion about Apollon Audio. Wink
So, I have also ordered an Apollon Audio amp. Big Grin

This is great! And congratulations, I am sure Apollon amp will not disappoint you. And please share your feeling after you received the amp!

(2018-05-16 14:42)Hagen2000 Wrote:  @laidickhk: Did you receive a manual together with your amplifier? I couldn't find one on their homepage.
What are the power-on options? There seems not to be a trigger input. Does the amplifier only provide the manual switch on the back or is there something like a music sensor?

Overall the amplifier looks quite impressive - enjoy it!

Dear Hagen2000,
Good point.... I really didn't find the manual after I unpack the box... It may have or may not have the manual, since I was focusing on taking photo and connecting cables.... And my wife already throw away all the boxes after I realised it was mid night already....

However, I don't think the amp require any manual, since it is so simple. I have ordered my amp without the 12v trigger explicitly, since I think adding a trigger would have negative impact the the pure sound. I prefer to turn on manually.
You may ask Tibor to add 12v trigger for you , if I remember correctly it's just 50euro.

Thanks.
Dick
2018-05-16, 16:55
By the way, if you do have any question,please don't hesitate to contact Apollon directly, via email or via the webpage chat. They basically react instantly and Tibor is a very nice guy that know his business very well, and willing to provide any recommendations and suggestion as well as answering your question.
I highly recommend you to ask them directly, they may even allow for a custom build with smaller brand icon(I saw one on a forum ), or multiple power connector with single 12v trigger (I asked him this but turns out I don't need it)
etc....

Dick