Linn Forums

Current time: 2017-12-16, 14:10 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn Music Systems & Hi-fi Separates / Development v / [Kazoo Windows Beta Bug] ohPlayer not recognised

[Kazoo Windows Beta Bug] ohPlayer not recognised
2016-06-30, 18:30
[Kazoo Windows Beta Bug] ohPlayer not recognised
The ohPlayer is not recognised by the Windows Beta version. When ohPlayer is running on a host machine (the icon appears in the System tray), it should appear (as the computer name of the host machine) in the list of rooms, but does not do so.

I am using the latest version of ohPlayer (1.0.3) on Windows 10 Home Version 1511. The player is recognised by the release versions of Kazoo (I have tested the Windows and Android versions), Kinsky and BubbleDS. So the problem appears to be in Kazoo Windows Beta.

David
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2016-06-30, 19:30 (This post was last modified: 2016-06-30 19:31 by davidd.)
RE: [Kazoo Windows Beta Bug] ohPlayer not recognised
Have you run the unblocker tool, http://forums.linn.co.uk/bb/showthread.p...#pid399485 ?

David
2016-06-30, 22:40 (This post was last modified: 2016-06-30 22:41 by DavidHB.)
(2016-06-30 19:30)davidd Wrote:  Have you run the unblocker tool, http://forums.linn.co.uk/bb/showthread.p...#pid399485 ?

I had not done so. So I
  • closed Kazoo beta and ohPlayer;
  • ran the unblocker, which reported that Kazoo was unblocked;
  • started ohPlayer;
  • started Kazoo beta, and saw that the ohPlayer room was still not showing;
  • pressed the refresh button on the rooms list, and the ohPlayer room did not appear.

David
2016-07-01, 06:44
(2016-06-30 22:40)DavidHB Wrote:  
(2016-06-30 19:30)davidd Wrote:  Have you run the unblocker tool, http://forums.linn.co.uk/bb/showthread.p...#pid399485 ?

I had not done so. So I
  • closed Kazoo beta and ohPlayer;
  • ran the unblocker, which reported that Kazoo was unblocked;
  • started ohPlayer;
  • started Kazoo beta, and saw that the ohPlayer room was still not showing;
  • pressed the refresh button on the rooms list, and the ohPlayer room did not appear.

David

Hi,
I've had similar situation. And it has appeared, that my OHPlayer has been using different network (at the same machine I have VirtualBox installed, and OHP has been using its interface).
After fixing it in OHP configuration, it has finally appeared in Kinsky and Kazoo

regards,
freshman
----------
Speaker system : Majik DS(D)/LP12(Lingo3,Kore, Ekos2,Trampolin,Adikt)+Slipsik 6 -> Majik I(D)/ Majik 4100(D) -> PMC OB1i
Headphone system : Sneaky MDS - Lehmann Linear Black Cube - Sennheiser HD800
2016-07-01, 10:52 (This post was last modified: 2016-07-01 11:06 by DavidHB.)
(2016-07-01 06:44)freshman Wrote:  I've had similar situation. And it has appeared, that my ohPlayer has been using different network (at the same machine I have VirtualBox installed, and OHP has been using its interface).
After fixing it in OHP configuration, it has finally appeared in Kinsky and Kazoo.

Thanks for this. By 'OHP configuration', do you mean the ohPlayer page in Konfig, or some other settings file? And which setting did you change?

Despite those questions, I'm not sure that we have the same problem. I am not running a VM. My other control points (including those installed on the same PC) readily recognise the ohPlayer room. The Network entry on the ohPlayer tray icon menu shows the correct network controller and IP address. I have tested Kazoo beta with my security software (Kaspersky) temporarily disabled; this made no difference.

I also installed Kazoo beta on my secondary PC (after running the unblocker on this occasion), and this installation does see the ohPlayer room on the primary PC. So my guess, FWIW, is that the unblocker needs to do more than it currently does to allow Kazoo for Windows beta to talk to ohPlayer when the latter is installed on the same machine.

David
2016-07-05, 20:00
Please forgive me for bumping this, but I have now had the same results from 3 Windows 10 PCs. Even after running the unblocker, Kazoo Windows Beta does not see the instance/room of ohPlayer running on the same PC, but sees ohPlayer rooms running elsewhere on the network.

This is not an issue with the current standard Windows version of Kazoo, so in this (IMO significant) respect the Windows beta is currently a downgrade. I'd be grateful to know whether the Linn team have been able to reproduce the issue, and indeed whether other users have the same problem.

David
2016-07-12, 22:53
I'm afraid that, as this problem is still present in the latest build (4.9.112) of Kazoo for Windows Beta, I ought to bump this bug report again. It would be really good to know that this is on the list for investigation and resolution.

David
2016-07-13, 21:25
Hi Linn,
Updated Kazoo to version 4.9.113 and tried to play some music on my tablet using openhome player.
Although i have run the unblocker tool oh player is not found.
Desktop version of Kazoo will find the player and if i remember correctly, previous (native) version of Kazoo for Windows 10 did find the oh player..

KR Michel

minimallinnie
2016-07-14, 15:57
Hi,

We have been able to reproduce this issue and have logged it as a bug. Unfortunately this issue will be lower priority, as we are focusing first on issues that affect DS users.

Thanks,

Ross
2016-07-14, 22:15 (This post was last modified: 2016-07-14 22:16 by DavidHB.)
(2016-07-14 15:57)RossS Wrote:  We have been able to reproduce this issue and have logged it as a bug. Unfortunately this issue will be lower priority, as we are focusing first on issues that affect DS users.

Thank you, that is reasonable. As a user of 2 DSMs, part of me is quite happy. As a user of ohPlayer, the other part of me very much hopes that 'lower priority' does not translate as "sometime, never".

Why should I bother? Well, I don't have a DS, or space for decent hi-fi, in my study, and ohPlayer gives me a straightforward means of playing my music or the radio on my desktop computer. Hi-fi it isn't, but it's OK as background.

Also, ohPlayer is great for someone thinking about getting into streamed music and unsure whether the investment in a DS or DSM will be worthwhile, or just concerned about the practicalities. It is best to get the network infrastructure (including IMO, a NAS) up and running, and put together a basic library, suitably tagged, before making the major purchase. That way, the DS can, hopefully, just slot into a working system. I see ohPlayer as the ideal 'surrogate DS' to use when building and testing infrastructure prior to a DS purchase, which is why I believe the new version of Kazoo for Windows should be made compatible with ohPlayer before it is released.

David