Linn Forums

Current time: 2017-10-19, 11:42 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn Music Systems & Hi-fi Separates / Development v / [Kazoo Windows Beta Bug] ohPlayer not recognised

[Kazoo Windows Beta Bug] ohPlayer not recognised
2016-11-04, 14:27
RE: [Kazoo Windows Beta Bug] ohPlayer not recognised
I hope that, now the 'modern app' version of Kazoo for Windows has gone live on the Windows store, I might be forgiven for bumping this issue. I have uninstalled Kazoo version 4.8 from my desktop, and much prefer version 4.10. Unfortunately, when I want to stream music on the desktop renderer, I have to use the control point on my tablet or laptop, which is just weird.

David

Main system: [Basik/Basik+/K5/Lejonklou Gaio >][Roksan Kandy Mk III >] KEDSM > Akurate Exaktbox 10 > Linn Silvers> A4200 x 2 and A2200 > K600 > Akubariks
Second system: Kiko
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-06-30, 16:09
Still no solution on this one?
OHPlayer 1.06
unblocked Kazoo Win 8.1

Music never sounded this good.
2017-07-02, 12:04
(2017-06-30 16:09)uk030 Wrote:  Still no solution on this one?

Nope (I give it a try from time to time, just in case ...)

oHPlayer is a minority interest, unfortunately. It's actually a very simple way to get an ordinary desktop or laptop (PC, Mac or Linux) to do streaming, and a great way to make use of the infrastructure of a streaming system in a room where there isn't a player. But it needs an OpemHome compatible control point to make it work. On a PC or Mac, this would be Kazoo - except that the instance of Kazoo has to be on a different device to recognise the running instance of oHPlayer.

So I'm sat working at my desktop, happily streaming music with oHPlayer, also on the desktop, though the neat little Dragonfly DAC and a pair of headphones, but I have to have my phone to hand actually to control the music playback. That has to be just silly ... Sad

David

Main system: [Basik/Basik+/K5/Lejonklou Gaio >][Roksan Kandy Mk III >] KEDSM > Akurate Exaktbox 10 > Linn Silvers> A4200 x 2 and A2200 > K600 > Akubariks
2017-07-02, 22:31
Kinsky finds ohplayer on the same Win pc, in case any one else but me are also hanging on to that brilliant piece of a controlpoint :-)
2017-09-28, 12:09
Dear all

We have done some further investigation into this problem and regrettably it seems that the type of communication required between Kazoo and a local OpenHome player is not supported in a Windows Store app due to security restrictions imposed on store apps by Microsoft.

The unblocker tool distributed by Linn for allowing communication between Kazoo and local media servers does not support the additional functionality required to communicate with local media renderers.

Unfortunately this means that we are not able to support use of the OpenHome media player locally on a Windows 10 PC in conjunction with Kazoo at the present time.

Those wishing to use the OpenHome player with Kazoo on Windows should therefore ensure that they are running on different machines.

Our apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.

Best wishes,
Iain Mcleod
2017-09-28, 12:49
Thank you very much Iain for clarifying. Good to hear a definitive answer - though it's a pity that OHp wont be recognized locally.

Music never sounded this good.
2017-09-28, 13:25
(2017-09-28 12:09)iainm Wrote:  ... this means that we are not able to support use of the OpenHome media player locally on a Windows 10 PC in conjunction with Kazoo at the present time.

I agree with uk030. It's disappointing, but I'm grateful for the heads up. I acknowledge that, even if the issue were fixable, the OpenHome player is a bit of a minority interest.

(2017-09-28 12:09)iainm Wrote:  Those wishing to use the OpenHome player with Kazoo on Windows should therefore ensure that they are running on different machines.

Or Kinsky, or the downloadable earlier version of Kazoo, both of which can be used with the OpenHome player installed on the same device. Otherwise, treating your computer as a DS and controlling the player from an Android or iOS phone or tablet is perfectly feasible, if a bit weird.

David

2017-10-02, 11:06
(2017-09-28 12:09)iainm Wrote:  Dear all

We have done some further investigation into this problem and regrettably it seems that the type of communication required between Kazoo and a local OpenHome player is not supported in a Windows Store app due to security restrictions imposed on store apps by Microsoft.

The unblocker tool distributed by Linn for allowing communication between Kazoo and local media servers does not support the additional functionality required to communicate with local media renderers.

Unfortunately this means that we are not able to support use of the OpenHome media player locally on a Windows 10 PC in conjunction with Kazoo at the present time.

Those wishing to use the OpenHome player with Kazoo on Windows should therefore ensure that they are running on different machines.

Our apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.

Best wishes,
Iain Mcleod

Not just local OpenHome renderers. Kazoo does not recognize any local UPnP renderers too which is odd as if it works with MinimServer (which is a pure UPnP media server) what is it that makes it NOT work with 'pure' UPnP renderer?

Best regards,
Marcin
2017-10-04, 11:01
(2017-10-02 11:06)Marcin_gps Wrote:  Not just local OpenHome renderers. Kazoo does not recognize any local UPnP renderers too which is odd as if it works with MinimServer (which is a pure UPnP media server) what is it that makes it NOT work with 'pure' UPnP renderer?

Kazoo (unlike Kinsky) does not support UPnP AV renderers at all. Only OpenHome.
2017-10-04, 11:29
(2017-10-04 11:01)bubbleguuum Wrote:  
(2017-10-02 11:06)Marcin_gps Wrote:  Not just local OpenHome renderers. Kazoo does not recognize any local UPnP renderers too which is odd as if it works with MinimServer (which is a pure UPnP media server) what is it that makes it NOT work with 'pure' UPnP renderer?

Kazoo (unlike Kinsky) does not support UPnP AV renderers at all. Only OpenHome.

Thanks for the clarification!