Linn Forums

Current time: 2017-10-23, 18:09 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn Music Systems & Hi-fi Separates / Turntables & Record Players: Linn Sondek LP12 v / Vinyl infographic

Vinyl infographic
2016-07-07, 09:31
Vinyl infographic
The raw material for the Sondek, this is great;

http://www.thevinylfactory.com/vinyl-fac...nyl-record
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2016-07-07, 10:44 (This post was last modified: 2016-07-07 10:44 by David Williamson.)
RE: Vinyl infographic
Thankyou for the post.

Worth adding the image, in case it is removed form the website at a later date:-

[Image: attachment.php?aid=9411]

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

2016-07-07, 11:47
Thanks, VinylFactory also has a great daily Twitter feed with lots of interesting articles.
2016-07-09, 16:53
Very interesting.
There is no mention of spraying with mould release agent. I have often wondered about whether there was any truth to the use of materials to help release the vinyl from the stamper.
Any one know the definitive answer?

black ash LP12 (pre circus), black Ittok LVII, Dynavector DV-10X5,Plattamat, Heed orbit, NVA Phono 2, NVA P50 / A40's, Rega Ela MK1.
2016-08-06, 21:12
I believe the change in temperature is enough to release the vinyl from the stampers.

Paul

Would buy a Radikal but can't afford the belt
2016-08-07, 03:47
(2016-07-09 16:53)skiffle0 Wrote:  Very interesting.
There is no mention of spraying with mould release agent. I have often wondered about whether there was any truth to the use of materials to help release the vinyl from the stamper.
Any one know the definitive answer?
A forum member working in the manufacturing of LPs had already debunked the existence of the so-called mold-releasing agent. An appropriate search ought to get to the posts.

Half of what I post on here is not worth reading; but I post it in order that the other half gets posted.
Boring stuff->Linn Blacks->More boring stuff->K400->Even more boring stuff, all layered with Magick Faerie Dust.