Linn Forums

Current time: 2017-11-24, 10:09 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Meta / Forum and Community Feedback v / "Save as draft" and "preview" buttons

"Save as draft" and "preview" buttons
2016-08-07, 16:42
"Save as draft" and "preview" buttons
I know it's only a minor point, but an annoying one nonetheless: the position of the above mentioned buttons is reversed between answering a post (and also creating a new thread) where the "preview" button is in the middle and the "save" button on the right. In the private message system, it's the other way round. As a pedant who likes to proof-read his posts before making them public, it was a bit annoying during a recent spate of PM activity to finish up looking at a blank screen wondering where my preview had gone!

I can't imagine it's too much of a problem to correct this, but I can't help wondering if I'm speaking to the wrong people here, and the problem lies with MyBB and not with Linn - if so, please pass the request on! Big Grin

Cheers

Roy
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-10-23, 14:57
RE: "Save as draft" and "preview" buttons
I saved a draft last night and now I can't find how to access it. Where is that button??

gregg

Current System -
Broken Rotel RA-840BX4 Integrated Amp, Norman Laboratory Model 82 Speakers with dry-rotted foam surround, Wharfedale Coleridge speakers with smashed tweeter.
2017-10-23, 18:38
(2017-10-23 14:57)jgreggbell Wrote:  I saved a draft last night and now I can't find how to access it. Where is that button??

User CP -> Miscellaneous -> Saved Drafts

AEDSM > KEB/1 x 2 > Linn Silvers > A4200/1 x 2 > K200 > MISOs
2017-10-23, 19:01
OK. Found it. Now having trouble uploading and attaching images. Some were successful, other not. Have others has the same trouble?

Current System -
Broken Rotel RA-840BX4 Integrated Amp, Norman Laboratory Model 82 Speakers with dry-rotted foam surround, Wharfedale Coleridge speakers with smashed tweeter.
2017-10-23, 20:36
(2017-10-23 19:01)jgreggbell Wrote:  OK. Found it. Now having trouble uploading and attaching images. Some were successful, other not. Have others has the same trouble?

No, unless the file size is too large. The permitted file size for uploading images seems to be depending on the image type. IIRC, for JPEG it is about 500 kB and for PNG only 256 kB.

2017-10-24, 05:38
JPEG limit is 1Mb I think. Same for PDF. Not sure if it is file type dependent?

Akurate EDSM | Majik ExaktBox-I [on Custom Design iRAPs] | Majik 140, REL T5
Rega RP1, [QNAP HS-251+, Jitterbug, MinimServer, Asset], Kazoo [Linx1010]

AV: Marantz NR1506 | B&W 620(C), M1(S), REL T5 (LFE) | Fronts powered by Linn
Net: NetGear DGN2200 | GS108 | AQ Forest x3

Hello to Jason Isaacs
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2017-10-24, 17:04
I've just tried to upload a PNG file, 324 kB in sizeā€¦

2017-10-25, 19:02
I've just noticed that the attached and embedded image is unreadable when not logged in into the forum. The screenshot reads: 'The file you attached is too large. The maximum size for that type of file is 256 kilobytes.'