Linn Forums

Current time: 2017-12-15, 05:31 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Meta / Linn Website Feedback v / Linn Wiki translation

Linn Wiki translation
2016-08-16, 08:52
Linn Wiki translation
As there seems to be a need for non-English versions of the Linn documents I am wondering whether opening up the Wiki to the user community might be a way?

I'm sure that there will be many volunteers to help translate the docs into German, Italian, US English Big Grin etc.

Easiest way would be to provide copies of the existing wiki in the web, where users could translate passage for passage as time allows.

Obviously marked as 'non-official Linn document' but very useful in any case.

Thoughts?

BY
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2016-08-16, 09:11
RE: Linn Wiki translation
This is a great idea. I can understand why Linn don't do it officially; it's a significant cost. I'm only sorry that my own French and German - which were never technically oriented in any case- are no longer up to the task. But if translations did appear in those languages, I'd be very happy to read them, both for my own edification and to see whether they make more or less the same sense in translation as I read in the original.

It would presumably be sensible to start with a few key documents - my suggestions would be the Konfig and SPACE Optimisation manuals, as they apply to all DS models and require careful study, even by native English speakers. The individual manuals are easier to follow, as the ratio of text to illustrations is a bit different and the concepts are mostly easier to grasp.

Language-wise, don't forget Dutch. No, belay that, they all speak Tinglish ... Smile

David
2016-08-16, 10:16
Great idea - If you need anything translating into 'Black country' (traditionally an industrial area of the West Midlands in the UK) I might be able to help!

LP12, Keel, Urika, Radikal, Ekos, Krystal, KRDSM/2, Bryston4B cube, Briks
2016-08-16, 10:24 (This post was last modified: 2016-08-16 10:28 by Tin.)
It is pronounced Stonecoal English thank you very much, and although I'm not as fluent in it as Louis van Gaal, I'm still learning.

https://agrrosewood.wordpress.com/2014/0...l-english/
https://m.facebook.com/vincent.bijlo/pos...1733749190

My ultimate goal is to talk like Rab C. Nesbitt, but I have to admit I'm not even close yet.
2016-08-16, 15:14
OK, so how will they keep track of changes so all translations are updated swiftly?

Music never sounded this good.
2016-08-16, 15:31 (This post was last modified: 2016-08-19 09:01 by Briain.)
(2016-08-16 15:14)uk030 Wrote:  OK, so how will they keep track of changes so all translations are updated swiftly?

Well they'd better not use the ticket server; its HDD bearings must already be smoking after the release of Daavar 50 beta! Tongue Big Grin Big Grin

KDS/1 (music) + ADSM (AV) -> KK/1 -> 350A + miniDSP time & phase aligned 345 rear sub
KDS Renew -> Homebrew fixed attenuator -> 2250/D -> 212 and Sizmik front sub (bedroom)
MDSI -> 104C (awaiting installation in my kitchen)
MDSI -> Shahinian Arc (installed at my mum's house)
2016-08-19, 08:34
(2016-08-16 15:31)Briain Wrote:  Well they'd better not use the ticket server; it's HDD bearings must already be smoking after the release of Daavar 50 beta! Tongue Big Grin Big Grin

Rumour has it they hired someone to swap out the disks [sic!] on a 15 minute cycle..

Music never sounded this good.
2016-09-11, 10:19
(2016-08-19 08:34)uk030 Wrote:  
(2016-08-16 15:31)Briain Wrote:  Well they'd better not use the ticket server; it's HDD bearings must already be smoking after the release of Daavar 50 beta! Tongue Big Grin Big Grin

Rumour has it they hired someone to swap out the disks [sic!] on a 15 minute cycle..

Only the finest bearings in use here ;-)