Linn Forums

Current time: 2017-10-19, 21:09 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Announcements, News and Events / Announcements & Linn News v / Introducing the new Klimax DS and Klimax DSM with Katalyst DAC Architecture

Introducing the new Klimax DS and Klimax DSM with Katalyst DAC Architecture
2016-09-22, 06:53
RE: Introducing the new Klimax DS and Klimax DSM with Katalyst DAC Architecture
awesome announcement, pity only 1% of 1% will ever get to afford this over in aus!!

Klimax lp12:Adsm:Atc scm 40A
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2016-09-22, 07:29 (This post was last modified: 2016-09-22 07:33 by Tin.)
So, there is again less reason to worry about HiRes music as presumably 16/44.1 will sound better than before.
Of course this device is waaaaaay outside my pricerange, but as soon as this drips down to Akurate/Exakt territory, count me in. Well, if/when affordable and playing nice with my other components of course. Wink

To the people who are complaining; if Linn would have released a product that was only slightly better, would that have pleased you more? The last months I've heard good things about the Chord DACs and if Linn can beat them, good for them. If that triggers Chord into trying to beat Linn again, even better.
I know that somewhere in my future recorded music will be indistinguishable from live performances, and even if that'll take 20 years, it is something to look forward to.

So, well done Linn, and even better done as I didn't see it coming. I love surprises, even when they're not for me. Smile

(2016-09-22 00:46)spannko Wrote:  Hi Martin,

The decision to order the KDS/K wasn't based on the relative merits of the DS and Exakt, (in fact, it wasn't even mentioned) it was more based on "what toys can I buy myself for Christmas this year" lol.

The dealer dem was done with Aktive 350's, which resulted in a very musical sound. So who knows? The Katalyst could rearrange the upgrade hierarchy temporarily, until the Kat becomes available in the Exakt engines. I'm sure we'll find out more about this as time goes by.

I spoke to my dealer with the intention of ordering Exakt Akudoriks. Instead, I ordered a DS upgrade and a Melco! Thinking about it, what I really want is a fully integrated Exakt Akudorik and Exakt sub system. Since this isn't really available right now, I'm banking on one being available in the future (i.e. A system where all the drive units have been measured and can be fully compensated for). This was in the back of my mind, so the decision to "go Kat" was an easy one.
Smart decision.

As you're so fast with spending money, were you looking to adopt a friendly 46 year old child perhaps? I might just be available. Smile
2016-09-22, 07:34
Further information including prices for Germany:
http://www.audisseus.de/2016/09/21/linn-...rgestellt/

LP12 (Klimax Radikal, Keel, Ekos SE, Kandid, Urika) - KDS/3 (QNAP TS-119, Netgear GS108) - KK/1 - Klimax Solos/D - Akurate 226 - Akurate 242
Keith Monks RCM II
2016-09-22, 08:47
Well, I'm officially excited by this - can't wait for Katalyst upgrades for the E350s.

'troll
2016-09-22, 09:10
Hi,

will there be a external DAC with Katalyst technology in the future?

Best regards

Jo

LP12 - tba - Klimax Kontrol/2 - Series 7 Monos - SHL5
2016-09-22, 10:26
(2016-09-21 22:03)Hidden Systems Wrote:  
(2016-09-21 17:53)Sondek Wrote:  Great news! Finally an upgrade which is not related to Exakt. Can't wait to hear it. Will there be a Renew option again?

We replied to this over on the analogue darkside Shy

http://www.lejonklou.com/forum/viewtopic...510#p27510

Yes, and I fully second Music Lover's response to your post. So hopefully there will again be the option for a Renew.

LP12 (Klimax Radikal, Keel, Ekos SE, Kandid, Urika) - KDS/3 (QNAP TS-119, Netgear GS108) - KK/1 - Klimax Solos/D - Akurate 226 - Akurate 242
Keith Monks RCM II
2016-09-22, 10:49
If there is to be a Katalyst upgrade to the Klimax Exakt boxes, might this mean that there will be Klimax Exakt Renew boxes appearing?
2016-09-23, 05:44
Does it support DSD ?
2016-09-23, 10:56
(2016-09-21 17:02)Paulssurround Wrote:  Yikes, the rumours are true. Smile

Congratulations Linn

I can't wait to hear it.

The difference is amazing! Make a apointment, go to your nearest authorised LINN Retailer and satisfy oneself. (Only a few Elite Retailer will have the Katalyst DS/DSM.)Smile
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2016-09-23, 12:57 (This post was last modified: 2016-09-23 13:09 by Silences.)
(2016-09-23 05:44)fred Wrote:  Does it support DSD ?

Please remind this :

LINN DSD thoughts

Nevertheless the DAC implemented (AKM AK4497EQ) can handle it up to 22.4MHz but I think that it is useless to LINN
And think about SPACE optimisation, volume control...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user