Linn Forums

Current time: 2017-10-17, 19:45 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Meta / Linn Website Feedback v / Linn website refresh

Linn website refresh
2016-09-23, 08:58
Linn website refresh
Hello everyone,

Alongside the launch of Katalyst and the new Klimax DS and DSM, we're also rolling out an update to the look and feel of the website.

You'll have noticed changes to the core of the site, and we'll continue to improve and update all areas over the coming weeks and months; including performance enhancements alongside the aesthetic changes.

As always please do let us know if anything is amiss and how it is performing for you. Always helpful to get some feedback.

Cheers,

Jim
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2016-09-23, 10:27 (This post was last modified: 2016-09-23 10:34 by Briain.)
RE: Linn website refresh
Hi

I just had a very quick look at the 350P and ADSM (just two that I picked at random) and one thing that struck me was that there's no obvious link to the user manuals. If an owner wishes to change something and can't find their handbook, my guess is that they'd look at the main site and expect to be able to swiftly find an on-line manual (or downloadable a PDF) and they might get a little frustrated if such information can't quickly and easily be found.

This also brings up another area where I feel the site could be improved; information and manuals about recently retired products. Just the other day, someone called me to ask about the settings for a sub (which 'letter' to select for adjusting a parameter) and again, I first looked at the main site, but found no link to information on non-current products. Okay, you can Google for Artikulat speaker user manual (or some such similar term) and eventually find it, but I think it could be quite useful to have a direct link to retired products (and thus the user manuals).

Just a couple of thoughts I had when looking.

All the best
Bri.

KDS/1 (music) + ADSM (AV) -> KK/1 -> 350A + miniDSP time & phase aligned 345 rear sub
KDS Renew -> Homebrew fixed attenuator -> 2250/D -> 212 and Sizmik front sub (bedroom)
MDSI -> 104C (awaiting installation in my kitchen)
MDSI -> Shahinian Arc (installed at my mum's house)
2016-09-23, 11:08
Cheers Bri,

Yeah it's a known issue. The support section needs a rebuild... it is on the to-do list!
2016-09-24, 12:42 (This post was last modified: 2016-09-24 12:53 by timster.)
A lil'un but messy - on the Akubarik system page, the colour options for the speakers encroach on the speaker image. In fact, you can't read it. It's the same on the Akudorik page.

And just to add insult to injury. At the bottom of the page in the compare systems scroll area, there's a "read more.." button under each. However, clicking the one you're on just takes you back to the top of the same page again. Not sure if this is particularly useful, but then as it's a scroll area I'm not sure if there is an easy solution. Perhaps if the current page url matches the link url it could be greyed out or something?

Akurate EDSM | Majik ExaktBox-I [on Custom Design iRAPs] | Majik 140, REL T5
Rega RP1, [DS214play +Jitterbug, MinimServer], Kazoo [Linx1010]

AV: Marantz NR1506 | B&W 652(C), M1(S), REL T5 (LFE) | Fronts powered by Linn
Net: NetGear DGN2200 | GS108 | AQ Forest x3

Hello to Jason Isaacs
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2016-10-13, 19:42
What about the Community page. Is it withdrawn but still visible on the Full Menu? It has not been accessible for a couple of days now. /HB
2016-10-14, 08:47
(2016-10-13 19:42)HansBertil Wrote:  What about the Community page. Is it withdrawn but still visible on the Full Menu? It has not been accessible for a couple of days now. /HB

Hmm, that's strange. I'll have a look into it.

Thank for letting me know.

Jim
2016-10-14, 09:47 (This post was last modified: 2016-10-14 09:49 by Donald.)
(2016-10-14 08:47)Jim Collinson Wrote:  
(2016-10-13 19:42)HansBertil Wrote:  What about the Community page. Is it withdrawn but still visible on the Full Menu? It has not been accessible for a couple of days now. /HB

Hmm, that's strange. I'll have a look into it.

Thank for letting me know.

Jim

On the Home page and other pages, the Community Section appears at the very bottom left of each page.

https://www.linn.co.uk/

I'd also like to support Bri's request for easier and continuing access to User Manuals for all retired equipment - this is especially true when the response from your local Linn dealer is " ... we don't support legacy Linn products". We have regular requests for assistance on the Forum from new users who have recently acquired Isobariks, Keilidhs or Ninkas, LK amps, AV pre and power amps etc. etc. - a testimony to the audio and build quality of Linn equipment, long may it continue! Smile.

Some of them may even end up like me buying new at some point ...! Big Grin

Unidisk SC | Majik LP12 | Trampolin 2 | Lingo 3.
Akurate DSM | Akurate Exaktbox 10 | 2 x Akurate 4200/1 | Exakt dual-mono Keilidhs
Raspberry Pi 2 Model B | IQAudio Pi-DAC+ | Audiolab 8000A | AR28s.
2016-10-14, 10:11

Seems that this may be a firewall problem. Will be sorted shortly.
2016-10-20, 08:35
Like the new look.

However, Exaktboxes as 'accessories'? Mine is a core part of my system. Shouldn't there be a category of its own or perhaps they should be part of he 'active' section?

Main: AK/0/D; AEDSM; MeiCord AExaktbox10; Silvers 2x A4200/1; K400 NSL Exakt dual-mono PMC Twenty.26; Twenty.C; Blacks AV5125 PMC Twenty.21
Playroom: SBT; V-DAC1; Cyrus6; M773e
Garage: SBT/Rega DAC; Arcam AVR100; 2x AV5125; Aktiv Ninkas, Trikan, AVSeKretan
www.audiophilemusings.co.uk
2016-10-20, 08:55 (This post was last modified: 2016-10-20 08:59 by Jim Collinson.)
(2016-10-20 08:35)sunbeamgls Wrote:  Like the new look.

However, Exaktboxes as 'accessories'? Mine is a core part of my system. Shouldn't there be a category of its own or perhaps they should be part of he 'active' section?

Exaktboxes are now to be found under Upgrades, as they are only really used as part of an upgrade path for an existing system. 'The ultimate upgrade' if you will!

Jim