Linn Forums

Current time: 2017-10-23, 01:40 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Announcements, News and Events / Announcements & Linn News v / Renew for New Klimax DS and Klimax DSM

Renew for New Klimax DS and Klimax DSM
2016-09-28, 20:24
RE: Renew for New Klimax DS and Klimax DSM
(2016-09-28 18:03)Donald Wrote:  You'll soon get to know the names to avoid, the trolls,

Ahem! Sad

Although I do consider myself to be an "old git"

Welcome, Craig.

'troll
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2016-09-28, 20:28 (This post was last modified: 2016-09-28 20:32 by spannko.)
"You'll soon get to know the names to avoid, the trolls, the spoliers, the propeller heads, the old gits, the avatars and the young mavericks, to name but a few."

Blimey, I didn't realise so many sub-groups habitated the forum! Now I'm paralysed with anxiety as to which sub-group I belong!!!

No need to add 8.5%. These are already the updated prices.

It don't mean a thing (If it ain't got that swing)
2016-09-28, 21:24
(2016-09-28 20:28)spannko Wrote:  "You'll soon get to know the names to avoid, the trolls, the spoliers, the propeller heads, the old gits, the avatars and the young mavericks, to name but a few."

Blimey, I didn't realise so many sub-groups habitated the forum! Now I'm paralysed with anxiety as to which sub-group I belong!!!

No need to add 8.5%. These are already the updated prices.

Ah, in that case you're in the 'I don't know which sub-group I belong to' sub-group!

LP12SE * KDS/3 * KK/1/D * Solos/1/D * Akubarik/P
MDSM/3 * Majik 109
2016-09-28, 21:40 (This post was last modified: 2016-09-28 21:48 by spannko.)
The only thing worse than being in the "I don't know which subgroup I belong to" subgroup, is the "I'm not in any subgroup" subgroup!!!

It don't mean a thing (If it ain't got that swing)
2016-09-28, 21:44 (This post was last modified: 2016-09-28 21:45 by Donald.)
(2016-09-28 20:24)moomintroll Wrote:  
(2016-09-28 18:03)Donald Wrote:  You'll soon get to know the names to avoid, the trolls,

Ahem! Sad

I did write "trolls" which are quite distinct from "moomintrolls" or " 'trolls"- are you related to Tove Jansson?? Big Grin

Unidisk SC | Majik LP12 | Trampolin 2 | Lingo 3.
Akurate DSM | Akurate Exaktbox 10 | 2 x Akurate 4200/1 | Exakt dual-mono Keilidhs
Raspberry Pi 2 Model B | IQAudio Pi-DAC+ | Audiolab 8000A | AR28s.
2016-09-29, 08:36
(2016-09-28 21:44)Donald Wrote:  
(2016-09-28 20:24)moomintroll Wrote:  

Ahem! Sad

I did write "trolls" which are quite distinct from "moomintrolls" or " 'trolls"- are you related to Tove Jansson?? Big Grin

No, I just look like a Moomin Tongue

'troll
2016-09-29, 08:49
(2016-09-28 18:03)Donald Wrote:  Hi Craig - outing yourself on the Forum as a Linn employee whilst quoting Jane Austen may not be such a good idea for your first Post?

A better alternative to the "Yes" answer would have been to quote the last few lines of Ulysses but that may have been too much for the genteel folk here.

Anyway, welcome to the Forum - I'm assuming you are new to Linn Products as well - which branch of this great company has the benefit of your presence?

You'll soon get to know the names to avoid, the trolls, the spoliers, the propeller heads, the old gits, the avatars and the young mavericks, to name but a few.

Good luck and looking forward to putting a face to the name - oh yes, we know where you work!!! Big Grin

Haha, fair point Donald!

I've actually been at Linn for a while, I've just never had the pleasure of venturing onto the forum! I work in Linn's Marketing dept. (yes, THAT department!) Smile

And as you guys know where I work - I understand that criticism and a horse's head or two may occasionally be sent my way; however single malt would be preferred! Big Grin
2016-09-29, 09:07 (This post was last modified: 2016-09-29 09:08 by sunbeamgls.)
Hi Craig and welcome to the forum.

Any news from marketing on non-Linn Exakt speaker conversion kits please? The recent excursion into KEF looks interesting and will probably need conversion kits, but I'm still waiting for the kit for the Twenty.26. Is it stuck in a pipeline somewhere?

Thanks

Main: AK/0/D; AEDSM; MeiCord AExaktbox10; Silvers 2x A4200/1; K400 NSL Exakt dual-mono PMC Twenty.26; Twenty.C; Blacks AV5125 PMC Twenty.21
Playroom: SBT; V-DAC1; Cyrus6; M773e
Garage: SBT/Rega DAC; Arcam AVR100; 2x AV5125; Aktiv Ninkas, Trikan, AVSeKretan
www.audiophilemusings.co.uk
2016-09-29, 10:25
(2016-09-29 09:07)sunbeamgls Wrote:  Any news from marketing on non-Linn Exakt speaker conversion kits please? The recent excursion into KEF looks interesting and will probably need conversion kits, but I'm still waiting for the kit for the Twenty.26. Is it stuck in a pipeline somewhere?
I heard that my JBL 3677/4645C speakers are before in the line, getting the Exaktbox/ExaktSub firmware support Cool

On a serious note, CraigB - it would be great to get some info regarding the road map on the supported speaker requests.

For each speaker - is it coming or not? We all understand Linn can't support every speaker but if you decided against it, it would be nice to know.
And a list of speakers that going to get support i 1-2year time frame would be lovely.

PS
As you now understand, it was a huge mistake stating "marketing departent" Tongue

See you @ http://www.lejonklou.com/forum
2016-09-29, 10:42
(2016-09-29 08:49)craigb Wrote:  
(2016-09-28 18:03)Donald Wrote:  Hi Craig - outing yourself on the Forum as a Linn employee whilst quoting Jane Austen may not be such a good idea for your first Post?

A better alternative to the "Yes" answer would have been to quote the last few lines of Ulysses but that may have been too much for the genteel folk here.

Anyway, welcome to the Forum - I'm assuming you are new to Linn Products as well - which branch of this great company has the benefit of your presence?

You'll soon get to know the names to avoid, the trolls, the spoliers, the propeller heads, the old gits, the avatars and the young mavericks, to name but a few.

Good luck and looking forward to putting a face to the name - oh yes, we know where you work!!! Big Grin

Haha, fair point Donald!

I've actually been at Linn for a while, I've just never had the pleasure of venturing onto the forum! I work in Linn's Marketing dept. (yes, THAT department!) Smile

And as you guys know where I work - I understand that criticism and a horse's head or two may occasionally be sent my way; however single malt would be preferred! Big Grin
You expect us to send single malts to Scotland? Isn't there is a proverb about that?
Instead you'll just be getting what I've lying around, just like the rest of them, and if that happens to be a horsehead, so be it.
But, as I am a fair person, I'll make sure it'll be a grain fed horses head only.
Anything for customer satisfaction. Smile