Linn Forums

Current time: 2017-12-11, 08:28 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Announcements, News and Events / Announcements & Linn News v / Renew for New Klimax DS and Klimax DSM

Renew for New Klimax DS and Klimax DSM
2016-09-29, 10:56
RE: Renew for New Klimax DS and Klimax DSM
(2016-09-29 10:25)Music Lover Wrote:  On a serious note ...

Yep, there's a sub-group for you as well! Big Grin

As we all know there is little mileage in asking Linn Marketing a detailed question and expecting an answer. Over the years many of us have tried and failed to get inside the mindset, so let's hope that CraigB will be our window in the future?

I also note CraigB that you mention " ... single malt would be preferred", but as you know, from a marketing perspective, single malt only flows one way i.e. from the company to the customer! You must have loads of Highland Park stashed away somewhere?

Unidisk SC | Majik LP12 | Trampolin 2 | Lingo 3.
Akurate DSM/2 | Akurate Exaktbox 10 | 2 x Akurate 4200/1 | Exakt dual-mono Keilidhs
Raspberry Pi 2 Model B | IQAudio Pi-DAC+ | Audiolab 8000A | AR28s.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2016-09-29, 11:15 (This post was last modified: 2016-09-29 11:16 by i2Paq.)
(2016-09-28 15:01)craigb Wrote:  “Yes.”

Quote:Joe Black: Yes...
William Parrish: 'Yes' what?
Joe Black: 'Yes' is the answer to your question.
William Parrish: What question?
Joe Black: Oh Bill, come on. The question. The question you've been asking yourself with increased regularity, at odd moments, panting through the extra game of handball, when you ran for the plane in Delhi, when you sat up in bed last night and hit the floor in the office this morning. The question that is in the back of your throat, choking the blood to your brain, ringing in your ears over and over as you put it to yourself.
William Parrish: 'The question'...
Joe Black: Yes Bill the question. The question.

(2016-09-28 15:01)craigb Wrote:  Yes, we will be offering the Renew option when you upgrade to the new Klimax DS or Klimax DSM featuring our 4th Generation DAC Architecture, Katalyst.

*Spooky*

Big Grin

Livingroom; Linn Akurate Kontrol/0‏, Nuforce 9 v3se, Linn Majik DS, Cambridge CD CXC, Dual 731Q, Tannoy "Langley"
Study; Marantz 4270, Sony TA-N55ES‏, Sonos Connect, Dual 1229Q, AR3a
Source: QNAP with MinimServer
2016-09-29, 11:27
(2016-09-29 11:15)i2Paq Wrote:  
Joe Black: Oh Bill, come on. The question. The question you've been asking yourself with increased regularity, at odd moments, panting through the extra game of handball, when you ran for the plane in Delhi, when you sat up in bed last night and hit the floor in the office this morning. The question that is in the back of your throat, choking the blood to your brain, ringing in your ears over and over as you put it to yourself.

Everyone knows the answer to the question. 42.

Akurate EDSM | Majik ExaktBox-I [on Custom Design iRAPs] | Majik 140, REL T5
Rega RP1, [QNAP HS-251+, Jitterbug, MinimServer, Asset], Kazoo [Linx1010]

AV: Marantz NR1506 | B&W 620(C), M1(S), REL T5 (LFE) | Fronts powered by Linn
Net: NetGear DGN2200 | GS108 | AQ Forest x3

Hello to Jason Isaacs
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2016-09-29, 11:30 (This post was last modified: 2016-09-29 11:31 by Baba Yaga.)
(2016-09-29 11:27)timster Wrote:  
(2016-09-29 11:15)i2Paq Wrote:  

Everyone knows the answer to the question. 42.

The correct answer is 50 by now, was upgraded recently Big Grin
2016-09-29, 11:52 (This post was last modified: 2016-09-29 11:52 by Donald.)
(2016-09-29 11:27)timster Wrote:  Everyone knows the answer to the question. 42.

Although the answer was 42, the question of course was what do you get when you multiply 6 by 9? Now that the answer has been upgraded by Linn to 50 (via 47), as BY has pointed out, this doesn't work in base 13 where 50 = 65 in base 10?? Sad

Of course it took Deep Thought 7½ million years to work out the answer - how long will Linn take to integrate Katalyst with existing Exakt technology. Hopefully my Akurate Exaktbox 10 can be upgraded to an Akurate Katalyst Exaktbox 10?? Smile

Unidisk SC | Majik LP12 | Trampolin 2 | Lingo 3.
Akurate DSM/2 | Akurate Exaktbox 10 | 2 x Akurate 4200/1 | Exakt dual-mono Keilidhs
Raspberry Pi 2 Model B | IQAudio Pi-DAC+ | Audiolab 8000A | AR28s.
2016-09-29, 12:11 (This post was last modified: 2016-09-29 12:12 by craigb.)
(2016-09-29 09:07)sunbeamgls Wrote:  Hi Craig and welcome to the forum.

Any news from marketing on non-Linn Exakt speaker conversion kits please? The recent excursion into KEF looks interesting and will probably need conversion kits, but I'm still waiting for the kit for the Twenty.26. Is it stuck in a pipeline somewhere?

Thanks!

Don't want to go too off-topic from Renew but I will quickly do my best to shed some light on this...

The KEF speakers are very interesting as it is KEF themselves who designed the crossovers and conversion kits, and will be supplying them.

They did this using our new suite of Exakt tools which allows any manufacturer to create Exakt filters for any loudspeaker! My advice to anyone wanting to go Exakt with a third-party loudspeaker would be to contact the manufacturer of said speakers directly and encourage them to get involved in the same way KEF has.

As for the twenty.26 kit? It's available to order! Smile
2016-09-29, 15:56
(2016-09-29 12:11)craigb Wrote:  
(2016-09-29 09:07)sunbeamgls Wrote:  Hi Craig and welcome to the forum.

Any news from marketing on non-Linn Exakt speaker conversion kits please? The recent excursion into KEF looks interesting and will probably need conversion kits, but I'm still waiting for the kit for the Twenty.26. Is it stuck in a pipeline somewhere?

Thanks!

Don't want to go too off-topic from Renew but I will quickly do my best to shed some light on this...

The KEF speakers are very interesting as it is KEF themselves who designed the crossovers and conversion kits, and will be supplying them.

They did this using our new suite of Exakt tools which allows any manufacturer to create Exakt filters for any loudspeaker! My advice to anyone wanting to go Exakt with a third-party loudspeaker would be to contact the manufacturer of said speakers directly and encourage them to get involved in the same way KEF has.

As for the twenty.26 kit? It's available to order! Smile

thanks Craig - a bit more stealth marketing on the Twenty.26 there Smile I'll get in touch with my dealer. Apologies for disrupting the thread.

Main: AK/0/D; AEDSM; MeiCord AExaktbox10; Silvers 2x A4200/1; K400 NSL Exakt dual-mono PMC Twenty.26; Twenty.C; Blacks AV5125 PMC Twenty.21
Playroom: SBT; V-DAC1; Cyrus6; M773e
Garage: SBT/Rega DAC; Arcam AVR100; 2x AV5125; Aktiv Ninkas, Trikan, AVSeKretan
www.audiophilemusings.co.uk
2016-09-29, 19:21
I find myself in unfamiliar territory Rolleyes

No point in me upgrading my KDS2 to KDS3 as I'm thinking of going Exakt with KEBs.

No point in me going Exakt with KEBs as the new Katalyst variants will be released soon(ish).

So for once, Linn announcing a product upgrade has STOPPED me spending money (at least in the short term) Big Grin

Paul.

KDS2 - KK1D - Silvers - KXOs - Silvers - 8 x SolosD - K400 - Killer Keltiks
2016-09-29, 23:02
(2016-09-29 19:21)PaulW Wrote:  I find myself in unfamiliar territory Rolleyes

No point in me upgrading my KDS2 to KDS3 as I'm thinking of going Exakt with KEBs.

No point in me going Exakt with KEBs as the new Katalyst variants will be released soon(ish).

So for once, Linn announcing a product upgrade has STOPPED me spending money (at least in the short term) Big Grin

Paul.

Urrhhh and there's me thinking good news awaits.... Sad Still - I've done four demos in 24 hours. This afternoon it was a home demo of KDS3 into Kisto into Solos into 242's. Tonight it was KDS3 into KK, in Dyn Solos in Klimax 350P, very impressed. PM Keith for his verdict

www.hiddensystems.co.uk
www.facebook.com/hiddensystems
www.twitter.com/hiddensystems
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2016-09-30, 05:51
(2016-09-29 23:02)Hidden Systems Wrote:  
(2016-09-29 19:21)PaulW Wrote:  I find myself in unfamiliar territory Rolleyes

Paul.

Urrhhh and there's me thinking good news awaits.... Sad Still - I've done four demos in 24 hours. This afternoon it was a home demo of KDS3 into Kisto into Solos into 242's. Tonight it was KDS3 into KK, in Dyn Solos in Klimax 350P, very impressed. PM Keith for his verdict
But this was to be expected wasn't it? But still, the majority of expensive setups will be non-Exakt, so the new KDS(M) has a lot of potential, except on this forum where a reluctant majority is figuring out how to Exaktify their setup.
So I think you'll be getting a lot of thumbs up when the Akurate Exaktboxes get Kathalysted.