Linn Forums

Current time: 2017-10-17, 19:47 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Announcements, News and Events / Announcements & Linn News v / Renew for New Klimax DS and Klimax DSM

Renew for New Klimax DS and Klimax DSM
2016-09-30, 09:37
RE: Renew for New Klimax DS and Klimax DSM
(2016-09-29 23:02)Hidden Systems Wrote:  I've done four demos in 24 hours. This afternoon it was a home demo of KDS3 into Kisto into Solos into 242's. Tonight it was KDS3 into KK, in Dyn Solos in Klimax 350P ...

We're all grateful to Chris for the quality of his service, but this surely goes above and beyond? I hope that the sales materialise.

David

Main system: [Basik/Basik+/K5/Lejonklou Gaio >][Roksan Kandy Mk III >] KEDSM > Akurate Exaktbox 10 > Linn Silvers> A4200 x 2 and A2200 > K600 > Akubariks
Second system: Kiko
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2016-09-30, 10:30
(2016-09-30 05:51)Tin Wrote:  ... except on this forum where a reluctant majority is figuring out how to Exaktify their setup.

Who are these people???

Main: AK/0/D; AEDSM; MeiCord AExaktbox10; Silvers 2x A4200/1; K400 NSL Exakt dual-mono PMC Twenty.26; Twenty.C; Blacks AV5125 PMC Twenty.21
Playroom: SBT; V-DAC1; Cyrus6; M773e
Garage: SBT/Rega DAC; Arcam AVR100; 2x AV5125; Aktiv Ninkas, Trikan, AVSeKretan
www.audiophilemusings.co.uk
2016-09-30, 11:35
(2016-09-30 05:51)Tin Wrote:  ... on this forum where a reluctant majority is figuring out how to Exaktify their setup.

A majority? Reluctant? is figuring? From whence come all these assertions?

I can see that the KDS/3 would appeal to those with high quality passive systems (e.g. with Solos) - it's both a significant upgrade, and significantly less expensive than going to Exakt in any form. And these upgrades offer the prospect of rather attractive Renew boxes. But what proportion of users have an interest (and how many of these are forum members) is surely at present unknowable.

One "interesting" point is the near total silence of the Hi-Fi press so far about Katalyst. If you Google "Linn Katalyst", the first two pages of results (as of 30 minutes ago) do not include a single Hi-Fi journal or news site. While I'm sure that will change, it does beg the question as to whether Linn is taking stealth marketing a bit too far ...

David

Main system: [Basik/Basik+/K5/Lejonklou Gaio >][Roksan Kandy Mk III >] KEDSM > Akurate Exaktbox 10 > Linn Silvers> A4200 x 2 and A2200 > K600 > Akubariks
2016-09-30, 17:14
(2016-09-30 11:35)DavidHB Wrote:  
(2016-09-30 05:51)Tin Wrote:  ... on this forum where a reluctant majority is figuring out how to Exaktify their setup.

A majority? Reluctant? is figuring? From whence come all these assertions?

I can see that the KDS/3 would appeal to those with high quality passive systems (e.g. with Solos) - it's both a significant upgrade, and significantly less expensive than going to Exakt in any form. And these upgrades offer the prospect of rather attractive Renew boxes. But what proportion of users have an interest (and how many of these are forum members) is surely at present unknowable.

One "interesting" point is the near total silence of the Hi-Fi press so far about Katalyst. If you Google "Linn Katalyst", the first two pages of results (as of 30 minutes ago) do not include a single Hi-Fi journal or news site. While I'm sure that will change, it does beg the question as to whether Linn is taking stealth marketing a bit too far ...

David

I haven't seen it but I'm been told on excellent authority that there is already a review in the latest issue of HiFi+

Main: KDS3 / Lejonklou Sagatun Mono Tarandus / Lejonklou Tundra Mono 2 Tarandus / 242s
LG OLED 55E6V /Oppo 205 as processor / Lejonklou Tundra Stereo / Katan rears / Velodyne DD12 sub
2nd system: Oppo105 / Lejonklou Boazu / 109s
2016-09-30, 20:34
(2016-09-30 17:14)HearNoMore Wrote:  I haven't seen it but I'm been told on excellent authority that there is already a review in the latest issue of HiFi+

I can't see it in the September issue (not surprising). Perhaps we'll see it in the October issue, when that goes on line.

David

2016-10-01, 00:23
(2016-09-30 20:34)DavidHB Wrote:  
(2016-09-30 17:14)HearNoMore Wrote:  I haven't seen it but I'm been told on excellent authority that there is already a review in the latest issue of HiFi+

I can't see it in the September issue (not surprising). Perhaps we'll see it in the October issue, when that goes on line.

David

I got seven copies from Linn conference to hand out but assume that as printed LINN have brought the rights to distribute so will PDF in the morning

www.hiddensystems.co.uk
www.facebook.com/hiddensystems
www.twitter.com/hiddensystems
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2016-10-02, 10:37 (This post was last modified: 2016-10-02 12:10 by Donald.)
(2016-09-28 18:03)Donald Wrote:  You'll soon get to know the names to avoid, the trolls, the spoliers, the propeller heads, the old gits, the avatars and the young mavericks, to name but a few.

I've been thinking about the various sub-groups that exist who frequent the Forum and came up with a few more names - the Klimax Kids, the Wikipedians, the Cable Guys, the LK Stalwarts, the Frisbee Spinners, the Analogue Adikts, the Passive Pundits, the DIY Junkies, the Experts (or so they think!), the Exakt Naysayers, the Subs, the Space Cadets and in sub-groups of their own, Briain and Paulssurround!

And let's not forget the biggest sub-group of all, the vast majority of Linn owners that never Post on the Forum and probably don't know it even exists!

Anyone I've missed...? Big Grin

Unidisk SC | Majik LP12 | Trampolin 2 | Lingo 3.
Akurate DSM | Akurate Exaktbox 10 | 2 x Akurate 4200/1 | Exakt dual-mono Keilidhs
Raspberry Pi 2 Model B | IQAudio Pi-DAC+ | Audiolab 8000A | AR28s.
2016-10-02, 11:01
(2016-10-02 10:37)Donald Wrote:  
(2016-09-28 18:03)Donald Wrote:  You'll soon get to know the names to avoid, the trolls, the spoliers, the propeller heads, the old gits, the avatars and the young mavericks, to name but a few.

I've been thinking about the various sub-groups that exist who frequent the Forum and came up with a few more names - the Klimax Kids, the Wikipedians, the Cable Guys, the LK Stalwarts, the Frisbee Spinners, the Passive Pundits, the DIY Junkies, the Experts (or so they think!), the Exakt Naysayers, the Subs, the Space Cadets and in sub-groups of their own, Briain and Paulssurround!

And let's not forget the biggest sub-group of all, the vast majority of Linn owners that never Post on the Forum and probably don't know it even exists!

Anyone I've missed...? Big Grin
In which group did you put me? I guess its the last one, right?
2016-10-02, 14:06
(2016-10-02 11:01)Tin Wrote:  In which group did you put me? I guess its the last one, right?

No, no, no - the matching algorithm that places Forum members in sub-groups will determine that for us!

You can't be in the last one - remember I did say " ... and in sub-groups of their own, Briain and Paulssurround".

Oh dear, we're so off topic in this Thread which was craigb's Jane Austen opening post - sorry!

I'm surprised we haven't been Censured or at least Moderated! Big Grin

Unidisk SC | Majik LP12 | Trampolin 2 | Lingo 3.
Akurate DSM | Akurate Exaktbox 10 | 2 x Akurate 4200/1 | Exakt dual-mono Keilidhs
Raspberry Pi 2 Model B | IQAudio Pi-DAC+ | Audiolab 8000A | AR28s.
2016-10-02, 15:20
(2016-10-02 14:06)Donald Wrote:  
(2016-10-02 11:01)Tin Wrote:  In which group did you put me? I guess its the last one, right?

No, no, no - the matching algorithm that places Forum members in sub-groups will determine that for us!

You can't be in the last one - remember I did say " ... and in sub-groups of their own, Briain and Paulssurround".

Oh dear, we're so off topic in this Thread which was craigb's Jane Austen opening post - sorry!

I'm surprised we haven't been Censured or at least Moderated! Big Grin
But I've been known to be Paulssurround a while back.
And Craig is figuring out why he decided to join us loonys on the forum.