Linn Forums

Current time: 2017-12-11, 08:39 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn Music Systems & Hi-fi Separates / Turntables & Record Players: Linn Sondek LP12 / 3rd Party Modifications and Parts v / Tangerine Plateau & Stiletto

Tangerine Plateau & Stiletto
2016-11-02, 12:49
Tangerine Plateau & Stiletto
I have tried to get hold of an Akuka for Naim Aro but it seems there are significant supply issues with TP products, Akula especially........4 weeks +, with minimal communication.......

So, a nice Tangerine Plateau is now heading my way. Much more straightforward communication and a great product beautifully made
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2016-11-02, 14:01 (This post was last modified: 2016-11-02 16:36 by Tangerine Audio.)
RE: Kore to Keel
(2016-11-02 12:49)Tenpercenter Wrote:  I have tried to get hold of an Akuka for Naim Aro but it seems there are significant supply issues with TP products, Akula especially........4 weeks +, with minimal communication.......

So, a nice Tangerine Plateau is now heading my way. Much more straightforward communication and a great product beautifully made

Plateau and ARO are a dandy combination.

Regards,

Mark

[Image: image.jpg2_zpsltvm3rux.jpg]
2016-11-02, 14:22
RE: Kore to Keel
No pictures of a production Stiletto in silver? All seem to be black.
2016-11-02, 16:35 (This post was last modified: 2016-11-02 16:41 by Tangerine Audio.)
RE: Tangerine Plateau & Stiletto
(2016-11-02 14:22)TDickson Wrote:  No pictures of a production Stiletto in silver? All seem to be black.

At this time we have no plans for a silver version, I think it might look a bit odd though it is quite possible to do so.

We will though have a surprise finish off the next batch!

Regards,

Mark
2016-11-02, 17:22
(2016-11-02 16:35)Tangerine Audio Wrote:  
(2016-11-02 14:22)TDickson Wrote:  No pictures of a production Stiletto in silver? All seem to be black.

At this time we have no plans for a diver version, I think it might look a bit odd though it is quite possible to do so.

We will though have a surprise finish off the next batch!

Regards,

Mark
Don't tell me.......black plinth with silver top plate area Wink
I have no plans to play mine underwater Big Grin
2016-11-02, 17:29
(2016-11-02 12:49)Tenpercenter Wrote:  I have tried to get hold of an Akula for Naim Aro ........

Did you compare Akula to Plateau both with Aro?

Matt

LP12 / Exposure / JBL3677
2016-11-02, 20:08
(2016-11-02 17:29)matthias Wrote:  
(2016-11-02 12:49)Tenpercenter Wrote:  I have tried to get hold of an Akula for Naim Aro ........

Matt

Yes at different moments in time.......not many dealers carry both !

Both sounded significantly better than the standard steel pressed chassis and also the Kore IMHO. I would have been happy with either........but the Akula was cheaper and you could keep the look original with the Linn armboard. The Plateau is perhaps better made and finished and slightly more substantial sounding with a greater depth to the sound - AND also more readily available at this moment in time, which was the deciding factor in the end.
2016-11-02, 21:14 (This post was last modified: 2016-11-02 21:19 by Tangerine Audio.)
(2016-11-02 20:08)Tenpercenter Wrote:  
(2016-11-02 17:29)matthias Wrote:  

Matt

Yes at different moments in time.......not many dealers carry both !

Both sounded significantly better than the standard steel pressed chassis and also the Kore IMHO. I would have been happy with either........but the Akula was cheaper and you could keep the look original with the Linn armboard. The Plateau is perhaps better made and finished and slightly more substantial sounding with a greater depth to the sound - AND also more readily available at this moment in time, which was the deciding factor in the end.

Many thanks.

Plateau is also available with options for Linn, Morch, Audio Origami and SME tonearms. The arm boards are precision machined from a solid billet of aluminium.

Regards,

Mark
2016-11-02, 21:43 (This post was last modified: 2016-11-02 21:46 by andygeaglesham.)
Just had both Plateau and Stiletto fitted recently by Johnnie at Audio Origami.
Can't switch the darn thing off!!
Mark (Gaius), did say it would be a game changer and for me, it is.
No journalise,just more music, lower noise floor and clearer highs making for alround better listening experience.
Go hear them and judge for yourself.
Andy G
Should add it's in fluted black.
Looks great

LP12 Stiletto/Plateau,LV11 J7 rewired,Denon 20xl.Bonnec Timpano, Moon Neo 330 and Proac D20Rs. All held together with bits of Chord.
2016-11-02, 22:57
(2016-11-02 21:43)andygeaglesham Wrote:  Just had both Plateau and Stiletto fitted recently by Johnnie at Audio Origami.
Can't switch the darn thing off!!
Mark (Gaius), did say it would be a game changer and for me, it is.
No journalise,just more music, lower noise floor and clearer highs making for alround better listening experience.
Go hear them and judge for yourself.
Andy G
Should add it's in fluted black.
Looks great
Have you got any pics you could post Andy? I would love to see them if you have ..... Cool

Harban 'Wenge' Cymbiosis Signature LP12, Klimax Radikal / Urika, Tranquility, Karmen, Rubikon, Ekos SE, Skale, Linn Krystal

KK/1(D), Klimax Twin (D), ProAc Response D2's on Track Audio Stands