Linn Forums

Current time: 2017-12-17, 16:38 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Meta / Forum and Community Feedback v / Advice for connecting Amazon Firestick to Linn Majik DSM

Advice for connecting Amazon Firestick to Linn Majik DSM
2016-11-27, 11:16
Advice for connecting Amazon Firestick to Linn Majik DSM
Any advice on how to connect my new Amazon Firestick to the Majik DSM?

Seem to have rather too many cables out of the back at the moment.

Any help much appreciated.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2016-11-27, 13:09
RE: Advice for connecting Amazon Firestick to Linn Majik DSM
Well to me it looks like an AppleTV or something. I suppose you have any of the HDMI capable versions of MDSM. In that case connect the Amazon Fire Stick to one of the HDMI inputs (1-4) and your TV to HDMI out. Maybe you need to have a HDMI extension cable (male-female) between the MDSM and the Fire Stick to make the Fire Stick optically visible for the remote. (The latter of course depends on how visible the rear of the MDSM is.) You might also need to make the HDMI port on the MDSM you use for the Fire Stick visible in Konfig.

/HansBertil
2016-11-27, 18:33
(2016-11-27 13:09)HansBertil Wrote:  Well to me it looks like an AppleTV or something. I suppose you have any of the HDMI capable versions of MDSM. In that case connect the Amazon Fire Stick to one of the HDMI inputs (1-4) and your TV to HDMI out. Maybe you need to have a HDMI extension cable (male-female) between the MDSM and the Fire Stick to make the Fire Stick optically visible for the remote. (The latter of course depends on how visible the rear of the MDSM is.) You might also need to make the HDMI port on the MDSM you use for the Fire Stick visible in Konfig.

/HansBertil

Thanks for the advice Smile All sorted now!
2016-11-27, 19:58
Great. Enjoy! /HB