Linn Forums

Current time: 2017-12-15, 09:03 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn Music Systems & Hi-fi Separates / Turntables & Record Players: Linn Sondek LP12 / 3rd Party Modifications and Parts v / Tiger Paw Tranquility

Tiger Paw Tranquility
2017-01-21, 10:48
RE: Tiger Paw Tranquility
IMO, a most interesting comparison would be LP12 Tranquility with Armageddon or Lingo vs LP12 Radikal without Tranquility.

Matt

LP12 / Exposure / JBL3677
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-01-21, 11:13
What a great idea, in the words or the late Mr Dury "there ain't half been some clever bar-stewards"!!
I've always been a bit fascinated with the way opposing magnets behave, this "idea" would appear that it just has to "work"

Matthias wrote"IMO, a most interesting comparison would be LP12 Tranquility with Armageddon or Lingo vs LP12 Radikal without Tranquility."

Are we thinking that the improvement will be that dramatic?
2017-01-21, 11:36
(2017-01-21 11:13)Roadie Simon Wrote:  Matthias wrote"IMO, a most interesting comparison would be LP12 Tranquility with Armageddon or Lingo vs LP12 Radikal without Tranquility."
Are we thinking that the improvement will be that dramatic?

The main difference between Radikal and Lingo is not higher accuracy but lower noise.
The Tranquility is supposed to do subtracting noise.

Matt

2017-01-21, 14:00
(2017-01-20 18:57)Cymbiosis Wrote:  
(2017-01-20 13:07)Stu Wrote:  
(2017-01-20 12:54)ContinentaltypeR Wrote:  
(2017-01-20 12:36)matthias Wrote:  Interesting:

http://www.tiger-paw.com/tranquility

Matt

OK. Who's going to be first in trying one?

I would have thought (hoped) Peter S might have had a listen.

I have Big GrinCool Earlier this week as it happens but have not been able to post about it due to lack of free time...Just one of those weeks where one get's lunch at 16:30 (today). Not that I'm complaining... I just was hungry!

Anyway, I'm still listening between client appointments but I have a feeling this will be Tiger Paw's most successful product to date!

I can understand that reducing the load on the main bearing would have an effect.... But just not this much! Such a neat idea and neat solution. Congratulations to Roger @ Tiger Paw.

More info when I get time, sorry but an installation awaits this evening.

KR

Peter

I'd be interested is seeing some pictures of how the plate fixes to the bearing and what keeps both plates from falling off.

LP12, Exposure amps, Tannoy Speakers, Mana & Symposium Supports
2017-01-21, 15:37
very interesting product - idea behind it immediately makes sense...

just one question: the lower assembly is sitting around the bearing housing but mounted on the top plate?! otherwise magnetic field would have a hard time passing through the top plate. but in this case only the upper assembly on the inner platter is on the "bouncing side", the lower assembly is fixed?!? correct or is there some misunderstanding from my side?

systems can be found in profile
2017-01-21, 15:47 (This post was last modified: 2017-01-21 15:53 by matthias.)
(2017-01-21 15:37)bassato Wrote:  very interesting product - idea behind it immediately makes sense...
just one question: the lower assembly is sitting around the bearing housing but mounted on the top plate?! otherwise magnetic field would have a hard time passing through the top plate. but in this case only the upper assembly on the inner platter is on the "bouncing side", the lower assembly is fixed?!? correct or is there some misunderstanding from my side?

AFAIK, there must NOT be a connection to the top plate but a connection to the bearing and sub chassis only.

Matt

2017-01-21, 16:02
(2017-01-21 15:37)bassato Wrote:  very interesting product - idea behind it immediately makes sense...

bassato,
you find the answer here:

http://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum/showp...stcount=69

Matt

2017-01-21, 16:37
(2017-01-21 16:02)matthias Wrote:  bassato,
you find the answer here:

http://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum/showp...stcount=69

Matt

that answers the question - thank you matthias!

systems can be found in profile
2017-01-21, 16:57
OK guys, I have one fitted to my deck and I will be posting a very long and detailed review of this unit. It has literally changed the landscape here. Be patient I am still writing up the document itself.

Classic Linn/Naim Six Pack Active Brik System.
Turbocharger driven by a Peter Swain Signature LP12 Music Power Station
TP Tranquillity Rocks

The Sara Doctor.
email
thesaradoctor@gmail.com
2017-01-21, 17:24 (This post was last modified: 2017-01-21 17:50 by John G.)
So you still have the top plate sitting between the two magnetic plates. The magnetic plates appear to be larger than the hole in the top plate so I'm not sure how the top plate reacts to the magnetic force.

LP12, Exposure amps, Tannoy Speakers, Mana & Symposium Supports