Linn Forums

Current time: 2017-12-15, 03:28 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn Music Systems & Hi-fi Separates / Turntables & Record Players: Linn Sondek LP12 / 3rd Party Modifications and Parts v / Tiger Paw Tranquility

Tiger Paw Tranquility
2017-01-21, 19:38
RE: Tiger Paw Tranquility
Well I know my Skale weight is fantastic!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-01-21, 20:55
(2017-01-21 19:19)TPA Wrote:  Well that was quite a post Eddie, and thank you very much for your kind words. Obviously I'm pleased you like it, and thought you might have some fun later in the evening with some more albums:-)

You are more than welcome Roger, but hell I don't like it.

I BLOODY LOVE IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Classic Linn/Naim Six Pack Active Brik System.
Turbocharger driven by a Peter Swain Signature LP12 Music Power Station
TP Tranquillity Rocks

The Sara Doctor.
email
thesaradoctor@gmail.com
2017-01-22, 01:14
Can someone explain why the speed does not need adjusting after fitting? If friction is reduced. For those with an AC motor who adjust speed by motor position. I am sure the TP web site is correct but I can't follow the physics of the speed being the same after fitting as before. I think that is what the website is saying.

Would be interesting to have the numbers for wow/ flutter / through bearing noise etc after fitting.
2017-01-22, 03:42 (This post was last modified: 2017-01-22 03:44 by Glyn Ruck.)
(2017-01-22 01:14)Apostrophe Wrote:  Can someone explain why the speed does not need adjusting after fitting? If friction is reduced. For those with an AC motor who adjust speed by motor position. I am sure the TP web site is correct but I can't follow the physics of the speed being the same after fitting as before. I think that is what the website is saying.

Would be interesting to have the numbers for wow/ flutter / through bearing noise etc after fitting.

If claims are true regarding speed then the torque required to maintain platter speed must way exceed that required to overcome bearing friction. Remember the spindle to sleeve is running in full hydrodynamic lubrication. Only the tip runs in boundary conditions. This does not mean that noise reduction claims are untrue.
2017-01-22, 09:52
I wonder if it works best with a Khan? Wink

Cymbiosis LP12 Woodsong Wenge, Klimax Radikal, Keel/A, Khan, Tranquility, Urika/Chord SSA, Aro, sKale, Krystal - Sondek owner since 1982
2017-01-22, 11:48
(2017-01-22 09:52)Red Chris Wrote:  I wonder if it works best with a Khan? Wink

Hopefully no better than with a Karmen!
2017-01-22, 11:52
The tiger-paw website says:

"...utilizes a unique array of high quality rare earth magnets in a specific arrangement to ensure that the fields are perfectly aligned in order to deliver precisely the amount of force required"

My question is, do these magnets degrade over time and if so what is their lifecycle time before they need replacing or .... ?

I admit it has been a while since I did physics but I seem to remember for "hard" magnetic material, which is initially magnetised in a strong magnetic field, that they may loose 1% in 10 years so that would be negligible?

Richard

2017-01-22, 11:54
(2017-01-22 09:52)Red Chris Wrote:  I wonder if it works best with a Khan? Wink

It only just fits!!

[Image: Tranq%20lower2jpg_zpsst25qo0y.jpg]
2017-01-22, 12:03
Richard, as you say the rate of loss is negligible as far as I know. The main thing they don't like is very high temperature but thats not an issue in this context (hopefully!)

Clive, I haven't actually checked that it will fit, but as long as the cut out is similar then it should be fine.
2017-01-22, 12:11 (This post was last modified: 2017-01-22 12:14 by FangfossFlyer.)
Hi TPA,

I am sure you are right and very high temperatures probably are in excess of 100 degrees Centigrade so no worries!

Is it something that requires a dealer to fit and can it been easily removed at home for dem comparative purposes?

When will it be available for dem by your dealer network?

Richard

p.s. As you can tell, I am interested.