Linn Forums

Current time: 2018-02-21, 14:28 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn Music Systems & Hi-fi Separates / Turntables & Record Players: Linn Sondek LP12 / 3rd Party Modifications and Parts v / Tiger Paw Tranquility

Tiger Paw Tranquility
2018-02-07, 15:40
RE: Tiger Paw Tranquility
(2018-02-07 12:59)YNWaN Wrote:  Writing as one of the designers of the 'Tranquility' can I take a moment to reassure users that the VTA of the cartridge/arm is not affected in any way by the fitting of a Tranquility. In fact, the relationship between the stylus and the record groove is exactly the same after a Tranquility is fitted as it was before. The mass distribution of the sub-chassis is slightly altered but emphasis should be placed on 'slightly'. The position of the Tranquility is close to the centre of the overall suspended mass and at the centre of the single greatest mass (the platter). As a result, the addition of the Tranquility has little effect and its impact on the suspension is equivalent to putting on a heavier record (a full suspension strip down and re-fit should not be necessary unless there was a problem already in existence).

It is clear from the thread that a great many people misunderstand the workings of the LP12 and the interaction between various turntable components; for this reason alone a dealer fit may well be the best option and any appropriate adjustments can be made at the same time.

Amen Tongue

86LP12 + 2015 Cirkus + Lingo2 + 2015 Standard Aluminum Sub-chassis/arm-board + Ittok LVII + 2017 Soundsmith rebuilt Troika + T-Kable + Tramp2 + Linto + AkurateD CD + AV5103/AV5105 + 2x AV5125D + 2X Ninka + Trikan + 2X Komponent 104 + Sizmik10.25 + Silvers + Blacks + 3X K400s + 4X K20s
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2018-02-09, 14:47 (This post was last modified: 2018-02-09 14:48 by smokestack.)
(2018-02-07 12:59)YNWaN Wrote:  ...It is clear from the thread that a great many people misunderstand the workings of the LP12 and the interaction between various turntable components;....

That made me chuckle.

That much pretty is clear from half the threads on the entire LP12 forum Big Grin
2018-02-09, 15:24
So so true.

In regards to the Tranquility for me on my LP12 in my Naim Linn Isobariks system it’s a wonderful upgrade.

KR
The Flatearther
Peter Swain Moonburst Wenge No.57 Klimax LP12 - TP Tranquility - Linn Kandid - Linn KDS - Naim 52 / 250 amps - Linn Isobariks.