Linn Forums

Current time: 2017-10-18, 04:56 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Announcements, News and Events / Linn Events v / Record Store Day

Record Store Day
2017-04-18, 15:47 (This post was last modified: 2017-04-18 16:04 by Johann.)
RE: Record Store Day
(2017-04-18 14:28)JDEC Wrote:  
(2017-04-13 20:12)pdcman Wrote:  What's happened to Moses? Why did he get banned??

He was unnecessarily abusive about an Expert Linn Retailer in the third party LP12 room, I believe.

Not pointing you towards the exact thread; it adds nothing.
I have had a good read of the third party LP12 room over the last week or so and haven't seen any posts by Moses being unnecessarily abusive to anyone or about any Expert Linn Retailer?
Compared to some forums this place is pretty laid back.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-04-18, 17:11
(2017-04-18 15:47)Johann Wrote:  
(2017-04-13 20:12)pdcman Wrote:  What's happened to Moses? Why did he get banned??

He was unnecessarily abusive about an Expert Linn Retailer in the third party LP12 room, I believe.

I have had a good read of the third party LP12 room over the last week or so and haven't seen any posts by Moses being unnecessarily abusive to anyone or about any Expert Linn Retailer?

Previously banned on here under another name and recently banned on another somewhat related Forum.

And the birds up on the wires and the telegraph poles
They can always fly away from this rain and this cold
2017-04-18, 17:57
(2017-04-18 17:11)grimreaper46 Wrote:  
(2017-04-18 15:47)Johann Wrote:  

Previously banned on here under another name and recently banned on another somewhat related Forum.

And now posting on here again under the name Johann I suspect.
2017-04-18, 18:35 (This post was last modified: 2017-04-18 18:36 by Johann.)
You two [Image: 250px-Peter_Falk_Colombo_1973.jpg]
Columbo's think you are so clever but are so very very wrong.Big Grin
2017-04-21, 21:21 (This post was last modified: 2017-04-21 21:37 by Fitter Stoke.)
(2017-04-18 14:35)JDEC Wrote:  And trying to get back on topic.

I was chatting to the proprietor of Rockaboom (Leicester) at the weekend. They are not participating this year. He said there were over 600 releases, and he couldn't hope to stock them all.

By not stocking some would be bound to put some people off returning, and stocking the wrong ones might result in lots left at the end of the day. Safer to not join in.

I personally have never liked the format for RSD. I hate queuing, and crowded small spaces. Much better to encourage a steady flow of visits to a local record shop throughout the whole year IMO. Good luck though everyone who does enjoy it.

KR

J

I respect Rockaboom for that. I wonder how many other independent dealers feel the same way.

I have to admit that I'm put off going anywhere near my local indie record shops by all the once a year punters who queue for a shed load of overpriced booty they'll probably sell on and never play, and are never seen again outside of one day in April every year. It's much like pubs in December, best kept well clear of if, like me, you enjoy a pint when you feel like it.

As I said earlier, if RSD helps keep indie shops open, then it has its place. But in every other respect, I don't like it. Good on you, Rockaboom. I'm even keener to give you my custom next time I'm in Leicester.

KDS/3 - KK/1 - KCT/1 - SME 20/12 with V/12 - Krystal - Uphorik - Sugden Masterclass PDT-1 - Akudoriks
2017-04-23, 20:49
I ventured into the two places in Nottingham that had RSD releases yesterday. If anyone is really, really keen to buy a 10" single of Alice Coltrane doing 9 minutes of harp improvisation then both had stock left at £15 a shot.

I was somewhat disappointed by the number of re-masters, 70's and 80's live and newly unearthed classics (bootlegs to those of us that have a stash of cassettes from the period) and general blandness. There were some gems apparently but they were long gone. Rough Trade had two copies of the Jaco Pastorius NYC set and I understand that it is pretty good but I haven't heard it (both had been sold much earlier in the day) and at £70 I was unlikely to part hard cash for it without a good listen first. Surprisingly it is available on Ebay for a similar sum as opposed to double the price. (It can of course also be found at double the price)!

I did buy some music but not RSD specials. I picked up a new pressing of Kenny Wheeler's "Deer Wan" - it is excellent.

Primary: LP12, Gaio, KRDS/1, Akurate Tuner, USC, Sony BRP, Kinos, 3 x 5125, Espeks, Ekwal, Katans, 2 x Sizmik 10.5, Stax 507. Stands Unique Supports
Secondary: LP12, Dino/Dino+, Pekin, Genki, Kairn, 3 x LK85, Keilidhs, Stands Unique Supports
Tertiary: Raumfeld Connector, Classik, Kan IVs