Linn Forums

Current time: 2018-07-20, 15:23 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn Music Systems & Hi-fi Separates / Turntables & Record Players: Linn Sondek LP12 v / trade in value kandid

trade in value kandid
2018-03-13, 09:21
RE: trade in value kandid
Good work!
I’ll look forward to having a listen to those tonight when I’m home.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2018-03-13, 17:56
(2018-03-13 09:12)The Flatearther Wrote:  Hi Imarcel,
Many thanks the drops are very useful. I’m amazed how good the old Kandid sounds after so many hours. How have you kept the stylus clean during its life?
Thanks.

quoted out of an older post from me:
with the kandid i bought a bottle of lyra SPT and now use it together with the green stuff after a few records. i´m not very conscientious in doing it, but today i tried to make a photo of my stylus with a macro. did not work out very well to see wear of he stylus, but the stylus was really shining.
great stuff the SPT.
i wonder how many people change the stylus thinking it is worn but in reality it´s only dirt

Klimax LP12 - TranQ - Skale - Urika I - Sarum TA - KK0/D - Katan KTB - 2 KCT/D - Kan II - 221 - Silvers -K400
2018-03-13, 18:11
The SPT is great stuff. I apply it every two sides religiously.

KR
Steve aka The Flatearther.

Peter Swain Signature Moonburst Wenge No.57 Klimax LP12 - TP Tranquility - Naim Aro - Linn Kandid - Linn KDS - Naim amplification - Linn Isobariks.
2018-03-13, 22:24
(2018-03-12 11:48)k_numigl Wrote:  
(2018-03-08 12:19)imarcel Wrote:  kandid trade in value in germany 1030.-€ (27% of a new one)

This seems to be incorrect.
Akiva trade in when buying a Kandid is 1035 Euro, so I can't imagine
a Kandid trade in would be less.

I confirm out of a price list from 2016 trade in for an Akiva when buying a Kandid 1030 €.
Price of a new Kandid 3820 €. Perhaps Linn has not changed the value when a Kandid is traded in.

For trading in my Kandid for a new Kandid I will get 1000 € discount for a new Kandid priced at 3800 €.

Compared with other manufacturers of cartridges the value of the trade in when buying a new one, Linn is customer-friendly.
2018-03-13, 22:45 (This post was last modified: 2018-03-13 22:46 by Rille.)
Hi Imarcel,
thank you very much for this very interesting comparison.

(2018-03-13 09:12)The Flatearther Wrote:  Hi Imarcel,
Many thanks the drops are very useful. I’m amazed how good the old Kandid sounds after so many hours. How have you kept the stylus clean during its life?
Thanks.

Hi Flatearther,
I agree with you when the focus is only on the sound.
I disagree with you when the focus is on the music. The old Kandid only sounds boring, in my opinion. Nothing disturbs me but also nothing affects me.
2018-03-14, 09:02
(2018-03-13 22:45)Rille Wrote:  The old Kandid only sounds boring, in my opinion. Nothing disturbs me but also nothing affects me.

I can only recommend to be extremely careful with judgements like this. The recording/transfer in the digital domain is affected by unpredictable characteristics. I know from a long history of recording, storing and comparing.

BR, Klaus
2018-03-14, 11:20 (This post was last modified: 2018-03-14 11:24 by imarcel.)
(2018-03-14 09:02)k_numigl Wrote:  
(2018-03-13 22:45)Rille Wrote:  The old Kandid only sounds boring, in my opinion. Nothing disturbs me but also nothing affects me.

I can only recommend to be extremely careful with judgements like this. The recording/transfer in the digital domain is affected by unpredictable characteristics. I know from a long history of recording, storing and comparing.

BR, Klaus

i agree with you. as i said:
for me needle drops in this case are:
- a good way to evaluate amount of distortion (especially on difficult records)
- a good way to compare background noise / clicks
- problematic to do tune dem with

i can do tune dem between a majik ds and a akurate ds for example because i can hear them directly, but doing tune dem of two lp12 with neddle drops is nearly imposible. i´m not comparing them directly.

even having compared one lp12 to the recorded sound from this very lp12 will not help me much. at least i may have an idea what was lost in the recording procedure.

but nevertheless, the more i listen to the new kandid, the more i feel i should have changed the old one earlier. of course this is definitly not an objective observation but looking back the old kandid seems now boring (like rille thought).

not sure if that leads to the conclusion that the tune of the kandid dies before the sound of it decreases.

maybe it just as many times: i want to justify having spent a lot of money and my mind uncounsciously helps me...

imarcel

ps: i still have the old kandid but i don´t really want to install it again because there is allways the danger of damaging something while doing it. but maybe i really should. but then sometimes you need to go back and fort in a demo several times till you get to a decent conclusion. and that is not practicable because i would need a second ekos se ...and then again, maybe the two ekos se´s would sound different, and so on and on... Wink

Klimax LP12 - TranQ - Skale - Urika I - Sarum TA - KK0/D - Katan KTB - 2 KCT/D - Kan II - 221 - Silvers -K400