Linn Forums

Current time: 2017-06-22, 19:27 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn / DS Troubleshooting v / Twonky For QNAP

Twonky For QNAP
2017-04-21, 11:54
Twonky For QNAP
As you may have seen from my other posts Twonky has been rendered useless on my QNAP251A. I have switched to kazoo and I'm getting used to it but I really would like to go back to Twonky and have considered buying it. There are three options, Windows, Mac and Linux. Which would be needed to install onto the QNAP.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-04-21, 12:03
RE: Twonky For QNAP
(2017-04-21 11:54)Scooter Wrote:  As you may have seen from my other posts Twonky has been rendered useless on my QNAP251A. I have switched to kazoo and I'm getting used to it but I really would like to go back to Twonky and have considered buying it. There are three options, Windows, Mac and Linux. Which would be needed to install onto the QNAP.

Linux

Regards, Mike
2017-04-21, 12:08
Have a look here: https://www.ripcaster.co.uk/node/775

Greetings Jörn (sorry for my awful english)
Hörland - Over 40 years LINN
Open Source Seite: http://www.jpo-aktuell.de/OpenSource.php

New LP12, Radikal, Urika, Kore, Ekos SE, Kristal / QNAP 569 Pro / RME UCX
Akurate Exakt DSM2 / Kinsky (Minim) - Sneaky
Akubarik with Amp Stands / Silvercable - Unik / K200
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2017-04-21, 14:42
In your circumstances, I'd at least consider MinimServer. It installs smoothly on current QNAP firmware (it did on mine), it's infinitely configurable if you are that way inclined, and it's free (with a donation requested).

David

Main system: [Basik/Basik+/K5 >] ADSM/1 > Akurate Exaktbox 10 > Linn Silvers> A4200 x 2 and A2200 > K600 > Akubariks
Second system: Kiko
2017-04-21, 15:02
(2017-04-21 11:54)Scooter Wrote:  As you may have seen from my other posts Twonky has been rendered useless on my QNAP251A. I have switched to kazoo and I'm getting used to it but I really would like to go back to Twonky and have considered buying it. There are three options, Windows, Mac and Linux. Which would be needed to install onto the QNAP.

Following help with a similar problem from Mike Spragg with Asset yesterday I installed Twonky on my QNAP TS251 from the link provided by Hamm below

(2017-04-20 09:56)Hamm Wrote:  You can find a Twonky-update on this site: http://twonkyforum.com/downloads/8.4/
Choose the x86-64 package.

Right click on the file at the bottom of the list and save it to your computer. Log in to your NAS and do a manual install of Twonky using the saved file. You should then have the Twonky app on your NAS. It worked fine for me and no money changed hands.
2017-04-21, 15:23
(2017-04-21 14:42)DavidHB Wrote:  In your circumstances, I'd at least consider MinimServer. It installs smoothly on current QNAP firmware (it did on mine), it's infinitely configurable if you are that way inclined, and it's free (with a donation requested).

David

I have Minim on but I find it a pain. I lost a few albums, for example .... It's Too Late to Stop Now by Van Morrison disappeared because of the .... in the start of the title. Tango In The Night by Fleetwood Mac, half was in the Fleetwood Mac and the other half under Christine Mcvie. They were the first two I noticed, how many more had moved or disappeared I didn't check. Twonky takes a lot of stick but for me it worked, as does Kazoo.
2017-04-21, 15:33 (This post was last modified: 2017-04-21 15:35 by Scooter.)
(2017-04-20 09:56)Hamm Wrote:  You can find a Twonky-update on this site: http://twonkyforum.com/downloads/8.4/
Choose the x86-64 package.

Right click on the file at the bottom of the list and save it to your computer. Log in to your NAS and do a manual install of Twonky using the saved file. You should then have the Twonky app on your NAS. It worked fine for me and no money changed hands.
[/quote]

When I try to download from that link it doesn't work. It opened another tab with a load of what looks like computer speak on it. I'll try on my macbook over the weekend. Thanks for all the help, I'll update how I get on as I do it.
Just tried it on MacBook, it worked.
2017-04-21, 15:48
That has worked but I'm on a thirty day trial after which I'll have to buy the licence, which I probably will. Thanks for all the help once again from a not so techy type person.
2017-04-21, 16:24
You dont lose anything with Minim you have Rescan your Library over Minimwatch.

Greetings Jörn (sorry for my awful english)
Hörland - Over 40 years LINN
Open Source Seite: http://www.jpo-aktuell.de/OpenSource.php

New LP12, Radikal, Urika, Kore, Ekos SE, Kristal / QNAP 569 Pro / RME UCX
Akurate Exakt DSM2 / Kinsky (Minim) - Sneaky
Akubarik with Amp Stands / Silvercable - Unik / K200
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2017-04-21, 16:46
(2017-04-21 16:24)JPO2005 Wrote:  You dont lose anything with Minim you have Rescan your Library over Minimwatch.
Did all that, it needed tags sorting. Too many tags to be sorted plus as you say every time you add music you have to rescan which with Twonky and Kazoo it does it automatically. As I said I'm not a techy person so I use what I know and I'm used to. Maybe if I had started with Minim I would have not used anything else. Everything is up and running now and I'll probably have to buy the licence in a months time.