Linn Forums

Current time: 2017-10-18, 08:11 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Announcements, News and Events / Linn Events v / Exakt Surround demonstration at Hidden Systems 12th and 13th May

Exakt Surround demonstration at Hidden Systems 12th and 13th May
2017-05-01, 14:00
Exakt Surround demonstration at Hidden Systems 12th and 13th May

[Image: attachment.php?aid=10692]

Further to some successful client Exakt surround installs we've decided to install ourselves and have a couple of dates for you below. It would be great to share the experience.

Klimax DSM into Klimax Exaktboxes Katalyst for Left and Right into Akubariks, 4200 and 6100 for ten channels aktiv
Akurate Exaktbox 6, Majik 4100 into Majik 112 centre (using as that’s what you can buy new)
Series 530 Exakt Surround Left and Right
Custom 104C in-ceiling for surround back via the DSM's analogue out
Exaktbox to REL S2 (or S5 SHO)

Sources will be
Oppo 205 worst case Oppo 203
Kaleidescape
AppleTV 4th Gen

Projector

Of course if you are thinking about getting your music by streaming, we have wonderful Majik and Akurate players too.

Just email us at info@hiddensystems.co.uk and we will be happy to arrange a demonstration for you at a convenient time or come along to these events.

http://www.linn.co.uk/events/6429d451-22...9b365206d/
Friday 12th May starting at 19.00 and finishing at 22.00 but will be around during the day. Light refreshments will be provided

http://www.linn.co.uk/events/7b441fda-29...4197c05db/
Saturday 13th May starting at 10.00 and finishing at 16.00

Best regards,

Chris

About LINN Exakt Surround
http://docs.linn.co.uk/wiki/index.php/Surround_Sound

www.hiddensystems.co.uk
www.facebook.com/hiddensystems
www.twitter.com/hiddensystems
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-05-01, 17:16 (This post was last modified: 2017-05-01 17:18 by Paulssurround.)
RE: Exakt Surround demonstration at Hidden Systems 12th and 13th May
(2017-05-01 14:00)Hidden Systems Wrote:  [Image: attachment.php?aid=10692]

Further to some successful client Exakt surround installs we've decided to install ourselves and have a couple of dates for you below. It would be great to share the experience.

Klimax DSM into Klimax Exaktboxes Katalyst for Left and Right into Akubariks, 4200 and 6100 for ten channels aktiv
Akurate Exaktbox 6, Majik 4100 into Majik 112 centre (using as that’s what you can buy new)
Series 530 Exakt Surround Left and Right
Custom 104C in-ceiling for surround back via the DSM's analogue out
Exaktbox to REL S2 (or S5 SHO)

Sources will be
Oppo 205 worst case Oppo 203
Kaleidescape
AppleTV 4th Gen

Projector

Of course if you are thinking about getting your music by streaming, we have wonderful Majik and Akurate players too.

Just email us at info@hiddensystems.co.uk and we will be happy to arrange a demonstration for you at a convenient time or come along to these events.

http://www.linn.co.uk/events/6429d451-22...9b365206d/
Friday 12th May starting at 19.00 and finishing at 22.00 but will be around during the day. Light refreshments will be provided

http://www.linn.co.uk/events/7b441fda-29...4197c05db/
Saturday 13th May starting at 10.00 and finishing at 16.00

Best regards,

Chris

Good luck Chris.

It should be an awesome demonstration of Linn's Exakt Surround.

It will bring movies and multichannel music to life and provide a new level of Home Theatre experience

Exakt Surround 5.0:
AEDSM, Exakt Akubariks, Akurate Exaktbox 6/4200 for 225 Centre, Majik Exaktbox I for 212 Surrds, OPPO 105 on StillPoints.
Power: Environmental Potentials 2460, Shunyata Triton, Zitron Cobras, Alpha Digitals
Room Acoustics: SPACE, SubDude HT's, Acoustic Panels
Find all posts by this user
2017-05-01, 17:28
[/quote]

Good luck Chris.

It will bring movies and multichannel music to life and provide a new level of Home Theatre experience
[/quote]

Thanks Paul. I hear your in the UK soon - must catch up.

www.hiddensystems.co.uk
2017-05-01, 17:50
(2017-05-01 17:28)Hidden Systems Wrote:  About LINN Exakt Surround

Good luck Chris.

[/quote]

Thanks Paul. I hear your in the UK soon - must catch up.
[/quote]

Yes, it is true, landing next week. Smile

But this is not a SPACE optimization tour, at least it is not planned to be.

I hope to meet up with you later in the month, when visiting nrwatson, ukandrew and Peter57

Great success for your demo days with Exact Surround and the LP-12

Exakt Surround 5.0:
AEDSM, Exakt Akubariks, Akurate Exaktbox 6/4200 for 225 Centre, Majik Exaktbox I for 212 Surrds, OPPO 105 on StillPoints.
Power: Environmental Potentials 2460, Shunyata Triton, Zitron Cobras, Alpha Digitals
2017-05-14, 21:22
(2017-05-01 17:16)Paulssurround Wrote:  It should be an awesome demonstration of Linn's Exakt Surround.

Unfortunately I couldn't attend - but I'd love to hear how it went ?

KDSM Mk3>Solos>242Mk3, Solo/D>225, Rears: 2200D > 109s, M&K MX350 Sub (Netgear ReadyNAS NV+, Oppo 105, Anthem D2v)
2nd setup - Sneaky, Elderly Majiki, 109s, M&K VX7 Sub
2017-05-14, 23:26 (This post was last modified: 2017-05-14 23:28 by Hidden Systems.)
(2017-05-14 21:22)Sound Hound Wrote:  
(2017-05-01 17:16)Paulssurround Wrote:  It should be an awesome demonstration of Linn's Exakt Surround.

Hello Sound Hound. It went well thanks. It's still all sent up if you'd like to have your own personal demo.

I hope Paul Surround will hear it when he's over to compare - a better wordsmith than I and an end user. Maybe someone from Linn may hear - a Philbo southern tour?

So, all the people that showed up aren't Linn Forum people, all had Oppo's that we supplied and some had Kaleidescape systems.

If I'm allowed to review myself here goes - more detail where it matters to make a movie seem more real - if you can hear differences in DS performance levels through the last 10 yrs then you'll get what Exakt achieves in Surround over a Unidisk DVD /Kisto combo albeit newer HD formats.

Having an ADSM or KDSM with analogue out (full feature DSM not the Exakt only cut down version) as useful for initial passive rear surround adding a legacy power amplifier to assist with cost, defeating the object but allows the fun of building a system up.

Konfig seems to work well on 7.1 with room tuning a retired guys dream come true.

Hope that's an OK review and look forward to seeing other Linn dealers events unfold and watch Linn's marketing department go crazy creative.

Even if your two channel focussed you ought to get to hear what Linn have been up to.

Good night and don't dream - one of the test movies
https://youtu.be/Yqvbv-SB4bg

Chris

www.hiddensystems.co.uk
2017-05-14, 23:37
Well done Chris

Exakt 5.1
Klimax Exakt 350 Katalyst Melco N1Z anniversary Melodik sub Akurate 225 centre Akurate 4200 Akurate Exactbox 6 Akudorik Exakt Oppo UDP-205
2017-05-15, 10:29
(2017-05-14 23:26)Hidden Systems Wrote:  Hello Sound Hound. It went well thanks. It's still all sent up if you'd like to have your own personal demo.

Chris

Thanks Chris, however it's a bit of hike from up here in Cheshire (But nothing compared to Paulssurrounds travel distance !!)
I've no doubt the system sounds awesome. The only concern I have is with the centre speaker. Being the most important speaker in any surround system, a diminutive Majik 112 may not be able to truly deliver when attempting to reproduce, for instance, James Earl Jones's barritone ? That said, my Solo/225 fairs pretty well, and so it's not beyond the realms of possibilty that a smaller Exakted speaker could provide the depth/realism demanded. I look forward to tracking the progress of this groundbreaking tech Wink

KDSM Mk3>Solos>242Mk3, Solo/D>225, Rears: 2200D > 109s, M&K MX350 Sub (Netgear ReadyNAS NV+, Oppo 105, Anthem D2v)
2nd setup - Sneaky, Elderly Majiki, 109s, M&K VX7 Sub
2017-05-15, 11:51
(2017-05-14 23:26)Hidden Systems Wrote:  
(2017-05-14 21:22)Sound Hound Wrote:  

Hello Sound Hound. It went well thanks. It's still all sent up if you'd like to have your own personal demo.

I hope Paul Surround will hear it when he's over to compare - a better wordsmith than I and an end user. Maybe someone from Linn may hear - a Philbo southern tour?

So, all the people that showed up aren't Linn Forum people, all had Oppo's that we supplied and some had Kaleidescape systems.

If I'm allowed to review myself here goes - more detail where it matters to make a movie seem more real - if you can hear differences in DS performance levels through the last 10 yrs then you'll get what Exakt achieves in Surround over a Unidisk DVD /Kisto combo albeit newer HD formats.

Having an ADSM or KDSM with analogue out (full feature DSM not the Exakt only cut down version) as useful for initial passive rear surround adding a legacy power amplifier to assist with cost, defeating the object but allows the fun of building a system up.

Konfig seems to work well on 7.1 with room tuning a retired guys dream come true.

Hope that's an OK review and look forward to seeing other Linn dealers events unfold and watch Linn's marketing department go crazy creative.

Even if your two channel focussed you ought to get to hear what Linn have been up to.

Good night and don't dream - one of the test movies
https://youtu.be/Yqvbv-SB4bg

Chris

Hi Chris,

It sounds like you had a successful day, and all parties were treated to an excellent experience.

I am constantly amazed by what an incredible improvement Exakt Surround is compared to my previously great sounding pre-Exakt surround system. It has brought movies and multichannel music to life, with an experience that can only be described as what it must have sounded like in the recording studio?

I do hope to drop by your store to hear your Exakt Surround system next week. Smile

(2017-05-14 23:37)nrwatson Wrote:  Well done Chris

Wish I could have been there.

(2017-05-15 10:29)Sound Hound Wrote:  
(2017-05-14 23:26)Hidden Systems Wrote:  Hello Sound Hound. It went well thanks. It's still all sent up if you'd like to have your own personal demo.

Chris

Thanks Chris, however it's a bit of hike from up here in Cheshire (But nothing compared to Paulssurrounds travel distance !!)
I've no doubt the system sounds awesome. The only concern I have is with the centre speaker. Being the most important speaker in any surround system, a diminutive Majik 112 may not be able to truly deliver when attempting to reproduce, for instance, James Earl Jones's barritone ? That said, my Solo/225 fairs pretty well, and so it's not beyond the realms of possibilty that a smaller Exakted speaker could provide the depth/realism demanded. I look forward to tracking the progress of this groundbreaking tech Wink

I hope to meet up someday, when visiting Sunbeam again.

It would definitely be worthwhile to drive the centre channel with a 225 or better, using an Akurate Exaktbox 6 and a 4200. Big Grin

Exakt Surround 5.0: