Linn Forums

Current time: 2017-12-14, 16:06 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Meta / Forum and Community Feedback v / Problems on a Mac, loading Linn Forum pages on Safari.

Problems on a Mac, loading Linn Forum pages on Safari.
2017-05-11, 09:09 (This post was last modified: 2017-05-11 09:16 by vintageaxeman.)
Problems on a Mac, loading Linn Forum pages on Safari.
There appears to be a significant problem with Linn Forums loading on Safari on a Mac. It has been happening for at least a few months. It is ONLY on the Forums, NOT on the main Linn website or product pages.

This does not happen with any other website at all, and I use my computers for hours each day.

The problem is that when I try to visit virtually ANY page on the Linn Forums website, I have to reload it 4 or 5 times before it appears.

[Image: feeb85241097f3b768b0c8c40504ae24.png]

The above error message appears every time, and is a standard 'Please try again' type error message. It explains that the problem may be down to Linn's servers experiencing high volumes of traffic, but every time that I switch to a different web browser, everything works fine, so I don't believe that it is a 'high volume of traffic' issue.

This happens with BOTH my Macbook Pro AND my 2013 iMac, both running the Sierra operating system. It is not an Apple hardware issue, as it doesn't happen when I switch to a different web browser, such as Firefox or Chrome, so it doesn't seem to be related to the operating system, or my internet connection either.

Is anyone else experiencing this?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-05-11, 12:10 (This post was last modified: 2017-05-11 12:14 by AnonyMouse.)
RE: Problems on a Mac, loading Linn Forum pages on Safari.
I have just had the same here on a Mac / Safari, although it is generally OK. It looks like a load problem at Linn's end.

Other thoughts:
- ad blockers? (although i have both Ghostery and Adblock Plus and the Linn forum loads fine)
- any other Safari plugins?
- DNS settings (although this wouldn't explain why it works in a different browser)? - if there is something wrong with DNS (i.e. translation of hostname into IP address) then you could be being pointed to a different IP address, or intermittently unable to resolve it. Try using their current IP address 46.43.50.216, i.e. put http://46.43.50.216 into Safari and see if you get something different. Or open a terminal window and type nslookup forums.linn.co.uk to see what it resolves to.
2017-05-11, 12:33
No problems here
Mac Pro
macOS Sierra 10.12.4

Exakt 5.1
Klimax Exakt 350 Katalyst Melco N1Z anniversary Melodik sub Akurate 225 centre Akurate 4200 Akurate Exactbox 6 Akudorik Exakt Oppo UDP-205
2017-05-11, 14:58
Aha!
Well done, Mouse, whoever you are. :-)

Typing http://46.43.50.216 directly into the address bar solves the problem.

So how can I make sure I reach the correct URL every time?

And 'thank you' for your help so far!....
2017-05-11, 16:35
(2017-05-11 14:58)vintageaxeman Wrote:  Aha!
Well done, Mouse, whoever you are. :-)

Typing http://46.43.50.216 directly into the address bar solves the problem.

So how can I make sure I reach the correct URL every time?

And 'thank you' for your help so far!....

Simple but dirty solution is to type in the ip then save the link. Doesn't really solve the route problem but saves you some stress!
BTW I checked on my mac and all was fine...

Dave

LP12+Origin Live Alliance+Ortofon 2m Red > Graham Slee Communicator = KDSr/1 > silver > KK/1D > silver > Keltik Klimax XOvers > black > 2x4200/D > K600(+2) > Keltiks