Linn Forums

Current time: 2017-10-23, 18:09 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Announcements, News and Events / Linn Events v / Munich High End Show. May 2017

Munich High End Show. May 2017
2017-05-22, 13:38
RE: Munich High End Show. May 2017
(2017-05-22 11:47)1kevin Wrote:  What Linn is showing on the show?

Nothing, why this thread is in a Linn Events Forum is anybodies guess?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-05-22, 13:44
Works for me in here. It's an event rather than it be in General and interesting to look at the show through a 'Linnies' eyes - i.e. Sunbeam.
2017-05-22, 18:12
You'll notice there are members here that combine Linn products with other gear. It is therefore an event that is of interest to many people here. You can choose not to read it if it is of no interest to you.

Main: AK/0/D; AEDSM; MeiCord AExaktbox10; Silvers 2x A4200/1; K400 NSL Exakt dual-mono PMC Twenty.26; Twenty.C; Blacks AV5125 PMC Twenty.21
Playroom: SBT; V-DAC1; Cyrus6; M773e
Garage: SBT/Rega DAC; Arcam AVR100; 2x AV5125; Aktiv Ninkas, Trikan, AVSeKretan
www.audiophilemusings.co.uk
2017-05-22, 18:59
(2017-05-22 18:12)sunbeamgls Wrote:  You'll notice there are members here that combine Linn products with other gear. It is therefore an event that is of interest to many people here. You can choose not to read it if it is of no interest to you.

+1 -> T-606Big Grin

2017-05-22, 19:17
(2017-05-22 18:12)sunbeamgls Wrote:  You'll notice there are members here that combine Linn products with other gear. It is therefore an event that is of interest to many people here. You can choose not to read it if it is of no interest to you.

Still doesn't belong in Linn Musical Events Forum, when all the content is third party product......
2017-05-22, 19:30
(2017-05-22 19:17)DaveWr Wrote:  

Still doesn't belong in Linn Musical Events Forum, when all the content is third party product......

There is nothing to say the Event part of the forum is Linn specific.

The entire forum is in Linn Forums / Linn / xxxx including a General HiFi which is Linn Forums / Linn / General HiFi - so should that be Linn only as well?

Events is Linn Forums / Linn / Events

Music is Linn Forums / Linn / Music - should this be Linn label only music?

Peter
Melco N1ZH, MinimServer, Kazoo & Lumin on PC, iPad, Android
2017-05-22, 20:16 (This post was last modified: 2017-05-22 20:20 by DaveWr.)
(2017-05-22 19:30)peter@57m Wrote:  
(2017-05-22 19:17)DaveWr Wrote:  

There is nothing to say the Event part of the forum is Linn specific.

The entire forum is in Linn Forums / Linn / xxxx including a General HiFi which is Linn Forums / Linn / General HiFi - so should that be Linn only as well?

Events is Linn Forums / Linn / Events

Music is Linn Forums / Linn / Music - should this be Linn label only music?

Subtitle of Events Forum: Linn Musical Events around the world - post here to promote or request an event!

Subtitle of Music Forum: Music For Life. Discuss new music and artists, old favourites and anything music-related.
2017-05-22, 20:47 (This post was last modified: 2017-05-22 20:48 by sunbeamgls.)
There are lots of non-Linn events in this subforum, can't see that any of them have ever caused the mods to take action.

Interestingly, the thread has, through the direction of the discussion, complied with this one: "Linn Musical Events around the world - post here to promote or request an event!"

Main: AK/0/D; AEDSM; MeiCord AExaktbox10; Silvers 2x A4200/1; K400 NSL Exakt dual-mono PMC Twenty.26; Twenty.C; Blacks AV5125 PMC Twenty.21
Playroom: SBT; V-DAC1; Cyrus6; M773e
Garage: SBT/Rega DAC; Arcam AVR100; 2x AV5125; Aktiv Ninkas, Trikan, AVSeKretan
www.audiophilemusings.co.uk
2017-05-22, 20:58
I think Sunbeamgls is requesting an Linn event at next show

Exakt 5.1
Klimax Exakt 350 Katalyst Melco N1Z anniversary Melodik sub Akurate 225 centre Akurate 4200 Akurate Exactbox 6 Akudorik Exakt Oppo UDP-205
2017-05-22, 21:25
(2017-05-20 18:48)sunbeamgls Wrote:  
(2017-05-20 14:22)Tin Wrote:  For Linn only potential new customers could be a valid reason to come over, and I doubt that there will be many of those in Munich. There will probably be plenty of seasoned Linn owners and even more people who are wowed by all the shiny stuff, but a lot of people who prefer understated esthetics and have not ever heard of Linn? I doubt it.

Did you miss the bit about it being the European industry event Tin? Its only partially about punters coming through the door - its more about distributors, press and dealers communing together. Perhaps some brands expect the mountain to come to Mohammed?

Many of the punters will be happy to pay their 14 Euros per day just to be able to have a listen to the stuff on offer and are unlikely to ever afford it, but brand awareness has great value. Also, look more closely and you'll see some tasteful gear in there, amongst the bling and cable lifters.

One brand there was having discussions with a customer last year who has consequently placed an order for 5 pairs of speakers. At 440k per pair. I'm not sure how any European manufacturer can afford not to be at that kind of event.
I didn't, but I know that Linn often invites dealers over to Scotland, and I've been a couple of times at events where Linn visits the dealers. So going to Munich won't add much in that respect.

If I had a lot of money I'd buy my kit visiting Scotland, not Munich. If a manufactorer isn't able to invite those kind of customers, sure, a show like Munich makes more sense.

As for the distributors and press, obviously Linn has a different opinion than you. So, who knows, maybe they're right. Wink
I agree that there are some less blingy devices in your pictures but it still is all about showcasing hardware.

The Katalysted 350s would look very humble as we're talking about a 10 year old speaker, an unassuming slim box about the same age, and a few cat-5 cables.
I don't expect that the press would be very impressed.
You can't expect anyone to have a good listen to all the different setups, how many were there? Listening is very exhausting if you want to make honest comparisons, so it's all about 'first impressions', and as looks are a major part of first impressions...

Tin can telephone system.