Linn Forums

Current time: 2017-10-19, 11:47 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn Music Systems & Hi-fi Separates / Network Music Players & Music Streamers / Exakt v / Akudorik and Akubarik Exakt with Katalyst!

Akudorik and Akubarik Exakt with Katalyst!
2017-05-25, 05:30
Akudorik and Akubarik Exakt with Katalyst!
One of the Linn dealers in Sweden have written on it´s homepage that Akudorik and Akubarik Exakt will have the Katalyst upgrade this fall!

People who are ordering these now will get the upgrade, when it´s ready, for the same amount as the expected price raise.

For myself i have talked to my dealer and will upgrade my Akudorik Exakt as soon as possible....

Interesting times, indeed!

http://www.tonlaget.com/

AEDSM, Akudorik Exakt, 2 x Exaktbox Sub, 2 x Akurate 226 with Auralex Subdude II
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-05-25, 07:15
RE: Akudorik and Akubarik Exakt with Katalyst!
Hmmm. Interesting. Perhaps Exaktboxes won't be far behind!

Akurate EDSM | Majik ExaktBox-I [on Custom Design iRAPs] | Majik 140, REL T5
Rega RP1, [DS214play +Jitterbug, MinimServer], Kazoo [Linx1010]

AV: Marantz NR1506 | B&W 652(C), M1(S), REL T5 (LFE) | Fronts powered by Linn
Net: NetGear DGN2200 | GS108 | AQ Forest x3

Hello to Jason Isaacs
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2017-05-25, 07:40
Here we go again!!!

Weeeeeeeee!!!!

Travel budget slashed

No more eating out, and more leftovers

Heat turned down in the winter, shorter showers, food not reheated

More trips to the Sally Ann

But it will all be worth it. Tongue

Exakt Surround 5.0:
AEDSM, Exakt Akubariks, Akurate Exaktbox 6/4200 for 225 Centre, Majik Exaktbox I for 212 Surrds, OPPO 105 on StillPoints.
Power: Environmental Potentials 2460, Shunyata Triton, Zitron Cobras, Alpha Digitals
Room Acoustics: SPACE, SubDude HT's, Acoustic Panels
2017-05-25, 08:21 (This post was last modified: 2017-05-25 08:22 by Tin.)
I really prefer taller showers. Short showers only get to my belly button. Wink

And reheating food? Reeeeaaaaally? Eat fresh!

Tin can telephone system.
2017-05-25, 10:37
(2017-05-25 05:30)Mongo Wrote:  One of the Linn dealers in Sweden have written on it´s homepage that Akudorik and Akubarik Exakt will have the Katalyst upgrade this fall!

People who are ordering these now will get the upgrade, when it´s ready, for the same amount as the expected price raise.

For myself i have talked to my dealer and will upgrade my Akudorik Exakt as soon as possible....

Interesting times, indeed!

http://www.tonlaget.com/

"
Approksimate translation for those who do not read Swedish:

Catalyst comes to the autumn of Akudorik and Akubarik

A delightful news is that there is a catalytic upgrade of Linn Akudorik and Akubarik Exacerbators to the autumn. If you buy the highlights from now and up to the upgrade, you are upgraded for the price difference only.
"
Smile

LP12 (Klimax Radikal/Urika, Keel, Chord SSA, Ekos SE, Lyra Kleos; TP Vulkan, Khan, TranQ, Skale); Klimax Exakt DSM, Exakt Akubariks.
2017-05-25, 10:44 (This post was last modified: 2017-05-25 10:47 by Donald.)
So why does this not appear in the Announcements sub-Forum which is supposed to be for Linn Announcements - Product News, Promotions, Events, Technical Bulletins - or did we all miss this??

We only get to hear about it thanks to helpful Forum member Mongo who noticed it on a Swedish Linn dealers website!

I'm already saving up for my Akurate Exaktbox 10 Katalyst upgrade but hopefully I won't need to be as frugal as Paulssurround!

Unidisk SC | Majik LP12 | Trampolin 2 | Lingo 3.
Akurate DSM | Akurate Exaktbox 10 | 2 x Akurate 4200/1 | Exakt dual-mono Keilidhs
Raspberry Pi 2 Model B | IQAudio Pi-DAC+ | Audiolab 8000A | AR28s.
2017-05-25, 12:05
(2017-05-25 10:44)Donald Wrote:  So why does this not appear in the Announcements sub-Forum which is supposed to be for Linn Announcements - Product News, Promotions, Events, Technical Bulletins - or did we all miss this?? ... We only get to hear about it thanks to helpful Forum member Mongo who noticed it on a Swedish Linn dealers website!

Firstly, the only reasonable working assumption is that it isn't true until Linn themselves say it's true. Secondly, Linn have said that there will be Akurate level Katalyst. Thirdly, there is enough time between now and the autumn for the (unannounced) schedule to slip for one of a myriad of reasons, so Linn's caution and reticence are understandable. Fourthly, marketing people do like to get their ducks in a row before making announcements. ...

All in all, this is interesting noise (and I'm saving up, too), but as yet it's still noise.

David

Main system: [Basik/Basik+/K5/Lejonklou Gaio >][Roksan Kandy Mk III >] KEDSM > Akurate Exaktbox 10 > Linn Silvers> A4200 x 2 and A2200 > K600 > Akubariks
Second system: Kiko
2017-05-25, 12:50
(2017-05-25 12:05)DavidHB Wrote:  Secondly, Linn have said that there will be Akurate level Katalyst.
David

Have they? Direct questions on this have tended to be met with a more cautious response, along the lines of:

'Usually we develop a new technology and release it in the top level products, and then implement version of it further down our product range. So whilst Katalyst might be a Klimax level architecture, I see no reason why the lessons we have learnt cannot be applied to Akurate products.'

But I now interpret this as meaning yes!

Rolleyes

LP12 (Klimax Radikal/Urika, Keel, Chord SSA, Ekos SE, Lyra Kleos; TP Vulkan, Khan, TranQ, Skale); Klimax Exakt DSM, Exakt Akubariks.
2017-05-25, 13:07
Logic dictates that Katalyst will come to Akurate. In a few years the old 32 bit DACs will be discontinued as no other factory will buy them anymore. So Linn won't have a choice but to go 64 bit on the other products as well.
The other reason is that the 64bit DACs will improve the competitors products as well, so to stay ahead Linn needs to adopt them as well.
In 2 or 3 years time a Cambridge Audio streamer will be uncomfortably close to the current Majik streamers.

Tin can telephone system.
2017-05-25, 13:10
(2017-05-25 12:05)DavidHB Wrote:  All in all, this is interesting noise (and I'm saving up, too), but as yet it's still noise.

At the end if the day it's all just noise - JUST LISTEN! Big Grin

And whilst not wanting to divert this Thread can I thoroughly recommend "The Rest Is Noise: Listening to the Twentieth Century, a cultural history of music since 1900" by Alex Ross.

Unidisk SC | Majik LP12 | Trampolin 2 | Lingo 3.
Akurate DSM | Akurate Exaktbox 10 | 2 x Akurate 4200/1 | Exakt dual-mono Keilidhs
Raspberry Pi 2 Model B | IQAudio Pi-DAC+ | Audiolab 8000A | AR28s.