Linn Forums

Current time: 2017-10-17, 03:11 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn Music Systems & Hi-fi Separates / Network Music Players & Music Streamers / Exakt v / Akudorik and Akubarik Exakt with Katalyst!

Akudorik and Akubarik Exakt with Katalyst!
2017-10-06, 19:02
RE: Akudorik and Akubarik Exakt with Katalyst!
Sounds very nice Jeff. Really hope the katalyzed Akurate exaktboxes will arrive sooner than later...

ADSM, A Exaktbox 10, A4200*2+A2200, Akubarik, Harmoni rack, LS NAS.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-10-06, 20:18
(2017-10-06 19:02)Linncredible Wrote:  Sounds very nice Jeff. Really hope the katalyzed Akurate exaktboxes will arrive sooner than later...

Yes, hopefully they'll come out soon. It's quite a bit better. Jeff

KDSM/1, KLP12, Exakt Dorik Stands, Exaktbox Sub, 212s v.1, 221, Audience AR6. Other Linn and Naim as well.
2017-10-13, 09:03
(2017-10-06 18:55)Jeff R Wrote:  As for Katalyst Doriks using my 212s, I'm happy I ordered the upgrade. While my units are not entirely burnt in, I can offer this... the upgrade is - very - worthwhile. I'm primarily a vinyl guy and that's always my go to reference. For the last week, I've been steaming exclusively from my NAS. Digital with Katalyst is far more organic. There's more detail, yes, but in the end, the digital I'm streaming is coming closer to my KLP12. My overall impression is that Katalyst digital is approaching the more refined analog realm; it sounds more lifelike and real. I'll listen to some vinyl this weekend as well and report on the improvement. Jeff

Hi Jeff

Any thoughts on vinyl via your Katadoriks? I agree that digital is rendered more organic by Katalyst (for me via Katabariks), but IMO vinyl still has the edge.

vincent

LP12 (Klimax Radikal/Urika, Keel, Chord SSA, Ekos SE, Lyra Kleos; TP Vulkan, Khan, TranQ, Skale); Klimax Exakt DSM, Exakt Akubariks.
2017-10-13, 14:13
My sound preference is vinyl. I’ve been able to spin a few LPs after the Katalyst upgrade. Yes, I believe it’s better. I hear better positioning of the instruments and a little more detail. That said, the larger improvement comes with streaming straight digital. The LP 12 is definitely better, but my rips have never sounded this good. Jeff

KDSM/1, KLP12, Exakt Dorik Stands, Exaktbox Sub, 212s v.1, 221, Audience AR6. Other Linn and Naim as well.