Linn Forums

Current time: 2017-10-21, 09:25 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn Music Systems & Hi-fi Separates / Turntables & Record Players: Linn Sondek LP12 / 3rd Party Modifications and Parts v / Fitting a Tranquillity - Idiot's How To guide, please

Fitting a Tranquillity - Idiot's How To guide, please
2017-08-09, 18:39 (This post was last modified: 2017-08-09 18:44 by Lexon.)
RE: Fitting a Tranquillity - Idiot's How To guide, please
(2017-08-08 03:11)Peer Gynt Wrote:  He stopped responding to go pout long ago.

The definition of belligerent ranting is apparently different in your neck of the woods than in mine. Polite society here offers help.

One of these jokers said a video was forthcoming, and then left.

I swear it is hard to understand why Linn puts up with the near counterfeiting that some of you offer. I don't view the Tranquility mod as counterfeiting because it is off the beaten track. It's the one clever bit in a sea of "we're smarter than Linn" knockoffs.

Meanwhile, my sole interest here was to gently coax the "gentlemen" back to their position of offering help. Instead, perhaps they've sent you to blow it off for them.

At this point, no video is necessary. It would appear that none is forthcoming.

If some folks want turn their LP12 into a kludge, with TPA "enhancements," certainly it's their right.

At this point, I'm settled on the idea that I do not.
I guess most people reading your posts on here had already worked that out.
Nice of you to at last make it clear and spell it out.
Nobody has sent me to as you put it blow it off.
What i will say in defence of all Tiger Paw products is they don't need defending.
All are of the highest quality.
TP is not Rogers only company, He has a very busy work schedule and spends a lot of time on planes.
He had a bit more stress free time last year because he din't have any of his products in F1 Grand Prix racing cars to worry about.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-08-09, 22:30
I'm beginning to think that you are either a sock puppet for TPA, or a reincarnation of the Glasgow based Snarky McSnark Face.

A high percentage of your posts are focused on how dumb other people are.

If I were TPA, and you were not my sock puppet, I'd politely ask you to sit down and stop defending me.

Just listen .... or not
2017-08-11, 22:38
So I have fitted a Tranq using the instructions.
No issues at all.............

Read them first, the read again and understand. Honestly it's not hard.

Once the two parts bind slightly back off by one turn.........job done and a much improved SQ results.

LP12/Maple/Cirkus/RubiKon/Radikal/Tranquility/Ittok LVII (unique)/ASAKA
JVC AX Z1010TN integrated amplifier (yes, really!)
SARAs-external crossovers and as new!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2017-08-17, 17:37 (This post was last modified: 2017-08-17 17:41 by Cymbiosis.)
(2017-08-11 22:38)flatpopely Wrote:  So I have fitted a Tranq using the instructions.
No issues at all.............

Read them first, the read again and understand. Honestly it's not hard.

Once the two parts bind slightly back off by one turn.........job done and a much improved SQ results.

No, it's not hard now that the initial issues with slightly larger diameter Cirkus bearings due to a different surface finish on older bearings (1993/4) and also variance in the size of the location hub on the inner platter were taken account of!

I've been feeding all this info back to Roger since launch so as to make everyone's life easier when it comes to installing the Tranquillity. However, I still maintain the suspension will need some minor but important adjustments to allow for the mass of the Tranquillity.

So in summary, DIY is ok if you want to. DIY with a set-up jig in use and good knowledge of set-up; better still, and letting a dealer fit if for you is best. - Many of the what I'll term sub-optimal set-ups will explain the variance in findings voiced here.

KR

Peter

(2017-08-09 18:39)Lexon Wrote:  TP is not Rogers only company, He has a very busy work schedule and spends a lot of time on planes.
He had a bit more stress free time last year because he din't have any of his products in F1 Grand Prix racing cars to worry about.

True. Sometimes I wonder how he manages to fit everything into his schedule!

Peter

Fettling LP12s since 1980
Tel 0333 200 4475
Email - peter@cymbiosis.com
Skype - peteratcymbiosis
Facebook - www.facebook.com/Cymbiosisaudio/
www.cymbiosis.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2017-08-24, 07:56
(2017-08-17 17:37)Cymbiosis Wrote:  .... Many of the what I'll term sub-optimal set-ups will explain the variance in findings voiced here.

KR

Peter

And therein lies the rub.

The quality of the set up can make a bigger difference than any upgrade or component change and often colours the judgement of listeners....be they ecstatic or disappointed with the results.
2017-09-16, 16:34 (This post was last modified: 2017-09-16 16:44 by Lexon.)
Rolleyes RE: Fitting a Tranquillity - Idiot's How To guide, please
(2017-08-24 07:56)smokestack Wrote:  
(2017-08-17 17:37)Cymbiosis Wrote:  .... Many of the what I'll term sub-optimal set-ups will explain the variance in findings voiced here.

KR

Peter

And therein lies the rub.

The quality of the set up can make a bigger difference than any upgrade or component change and often colours the judgement of listeners....be they ecstatic or disappointed with the results.
Aint that the truth Cool
Getting any level of LP12 setup correct is not rocket science.
Yet so many DIY and dealers think they can but still fail to get it right.Rolleyes
I am only talking about LP12 setup above.
Not the Tranquilty .