Linn Forums

Current time: 2017-10-22, 21:49 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn Music Systems & Hi-fi Separates / Network Music Players & Music Streamers / Space Optimisation v / Fine Tuning SPACE Optimization, To Get The Best Out of Davaar 173 Through To 185

Fine Tuning SPACE Optimization, To Get The Best Out of Davaar 173 Through To 185
2017-06-02, 21:59
RE: Fine Tuning SPACE Optimization, To Get The Best Out of Davaar 173, 174 and 175
(2017-06-02 21:00)sunbeamgls Wrote:  ^ Perhaps Paul renamed the track in honour of his latest SO tweakery Smile

Many of the SPACE Optimization profiles I did when I was in Europe in 2016, I named the final and best version I could tweak, I called" My Latest Trick"

The last round of visits in the UK, a week and half of so ago, I named " Bob's Your Aunt"

There are a few back up copies of profiles around, done recently though, that I have named "Lucy is Your Uncle"

Perhaps that is where the confusion lies? TongueBig Grin

Exakt Surround 5.0:
Katalyst Akubariks, AEDSM, Akurate Exaktbox 6/4200 for 225 Centre, Majik Exaktbox I for 212 Surrounds, OPPO 105 on StillPoints.
Power: Environmental Potentials 2460, Shunyata Triton, Zitron Cobras, Alpha Digitals
Room Acoustics: SPACE, SubDude HT's, Acoustic Panels
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-06-02, 22:55
RE: Fine Tuning SPACE Optimization, To Get The Best Out of Davaar 173, 174 and 175
(2017-06-02 21:59)Paulssurround Wrote:  
(2017-06-02 21:00)sunbeamgls Wrote:  ^ Perhaps Paul renamed the track in honour of his latest SO tweakery Smile

Many of the SPACE Optimization profiles I did when I was in Europe in 2016, I named the final and best version I could tweak, I called" My Latest Trick"

The last round of visits in the UK, a week and half of so ago, I named " Bob's Your Aunt"

There are a few back up copies of profiles around, done recently though, that I have named "Lucy is Your Uncle"

Ha Ha , you called mine, " Bobs your Uncle and Lucy is your Aunt" you did really enjoy the sound that Saturday night into the wee small hours.

Good to chat tonight and I hope I can employ some of your skills tomorrow with my friend John

Avalon

Akurate Exakt DSM, Akurate Exaktbox 10, two Akurate 4200 power amps, klimax chakra twin(Dk), Akubarik High Gloss Rosewood speakers,nordost Tyr, ipad 2 & KazooServer Minimserver and Asset server running on a Qnap 251, backed up to remote Qnap 231. Sonos for multiroom. SPACED OUT
2017-06-03, 19:19
(2017-06-02 22:55)avalon Wrote:  
(2017-06-02 21:59)Paulssurround Wrote:  

Ha Ha , you called mine, " Bobs your Uncle and Lucy is your Aunt" you did really enjoy the sound that Saturday night into the wee small hours.

Good to chat tonight and I hope I can employ some of your skills tomorrow with my friend John

Avalon

Yes I did. Big Grin

Good luck at John's place today.

I hope you get some great results.

Exakt Surround 5.0:
Katalyst Akubariks, AEDSM, Akurate Exaktbox 6/4200 for 225 Centre, Majik Exaktbox I for 212 Surrounds, OPPO 105 on StillPoints.
Power: Environmental Potentials 2460, Shunyata Triton, Zitron Cobras, Alpha Digitals
2017-06-04, 14:30
I believe 173 is the current official release? Are people using this or one of the later beta's to tackle this project?

Naim 552/500 into Kudos Titans
Cymbiosis Signature LP12/Chris Harban Plinth/Keel/Karmen/Radikal/Urika/Chord Music/Aro/Kandid
KDS/3-Chord Music
2017-06-04, 15:49
(2017-06-04 14:30)glevethan Wrote:  I believe 173 is the current official release? Are people using this or one of the later beta's to tackle this project?

I usually update to the latest Davaar beta.

I am not sure what the latest official release at the moment.

I don't know if anyone else has noticed this, but when there is an update for Davaar, the sound quality seems a bit off. This is an indication to me to update to the latest version. And sure enough, when I open up Konfig, there is a new version waiting to be downloaded.

When I complete the update, sound quality is good again.

It is like an audio cue that it is time to update?

Exakt Surround 5.0:
2017-06-04, 16:27
Latest stable is 4.55.172 (http://docs.linn.co.uk/wiki/index.php/ReleaseNotes)
A stable 4.56 should be along soon - it has been promised for a while and I'm keen since it fixes discovery issues apparently.

Akurate EDSM | Majik ExaktBox-I [on Custom Design iRAPs] | Majik 140, REL T5
Rega RP1, [DS214play +Jitterbug, MinimServer], Kazoo [Linx1010]

AV: Marantz NR1506 | B&W 652(C), M1(S), REL T5 (LFE) | Fronts powered by Linn
Net: NetGear DGN2200 | GS108 | AQ Forest x3

Hello to Jason Isaacs
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2017-06-04, 20:08
Thanks Paul!
Always a good read and many useful tips that i will have good use of.

I see you recommend that the speakers should be toed-in a bit.
Do you have any idea how much Akudorik Exakt should be toed-in?
I know this will differ between rooms but perhaps you have some idea where to start angeling the speakers.
Is it 1cm och 4cm?

I have not toed in my Akudoriks today because i was told by the dealer that i was not neccessary.

AEDSM, Akudorik Exakt, 2 x Exaktbox Sub, 2 x Akurate 226 with Auralex Subdude II
2017-06-04, 20:16
(2017-06-04 20:08)Mongo Wrote:  Thanks Paul!
Always a good read and many useful tips that i will have good use of.

I see you recommend that the speakers should be toed-in a bit.
I know this will differ between rooms but perhaps you have some idea where to start angeling the speakers.
Is it 1cm och 4cm?

I have not toed in my Akudoriks today because i was told by the dealer that i was not neccessary.

Thanks Mongo.

I hope it is helpful to you and other Linn folk.

I have positioned some Akudoriks recently.

I had them about 2.0 meters apart with a 2.5-3.0 cm toe-in.

Exakt Surround 5.0:
2017-06-04, 22:51 (This post was last modified: 2017-06-04 22:53 by sunbeamgls.)
(2017-06-04 20:08)Mongo Wrote:  I see you recommend that the speakers should be toed-in a bit.
Is it 1cm och 4cm?

This is completely room dependent. Try it and see - 1cm at a time until it sounds worse then back it out by a couple of mm at a time until you get to the best position. Wherever it sounds best to you is the best place for it Smile

(2017-06-04 15:49)Paulssurround Wrote:  I don't know if anyone else has noticed this, but when there is an update for Davaar, the sound quality seems a bit off. This is an indication to me to update to the latest version. And sure enough, when I open up Konfig, there is a new version waiting to be downloaded.

No. Never. Only for the most gifted amongst us, clearly Smile

Main: AK/0/D; AEDSM; MeiCord AExaktbox10; Silvers 2x A4200/1; K400 NSL Exakt dual-mono PMC Twenty.26; Twenty.C; Blacks AV5125 PMC Twenty.21
Playroom: SBT; V-DAC1; Cyrus6; M773e
Garage: SBT/Rega DAC; Arcam AVR100; 2x AV5125; Aktiv Ninkas, Trikan, AVSeKretan
www.audiophilemusings.co.uk
2017-06-04, 23:33 (This post was last modified: 2017-06-05 15:33 by Paulssurround.)
(2017-06-04 22:51)sunbeamgls Wrote:  
(2017-06-04 20:08)Mongo Wrote:  I see you recommend that the speakers should be toed-in a bit.
Is it 1cm och 4cm?

This is completely room dependent. Try it and see - 1cm at a time until it sounds worse then back it out by a couple of mm at a time until you get to the best position. Wherever it sounds best to you is the best place for it Smile

(2017-06-04 15:49)Paulssurround Wrote:  I don't know if anyone else has noticed this, but when there is an update for Davaar, the sound quality seems a bit off. This is an indication to me to update to the latest version. And sure enough, when I open up Konfig, there is a new version waiting to be downloaded.

No. Never. Only for the most gifted amongst us, clearly Smile

So you don't hear your Linn system whispering to you to update Davaar? Tongue

Exakt Surround 5.0: