Linn Forums

Current time: 2017-12-15, 03:33 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn Music Systems & Hi-fi Separates / Turntables & Record Players: Linn Sondek LP12 / 3rd Party Modifications and Parts v / Take Valhalla Outboard

Thread Closed 
Take Valhalla Outboard
2017-06-09, 08:24
Question Take Valhalla Outboard
Hi All

Been searching threads and can't find anything as specific as I need on this topic. I want to take my Valhalla outboard into it's own 'box'. This would include an off board power switch rendering the one on the deck redundant. Has anybody done this and do they have some advice on where I can get the necessary parts?

I see the MOSE kit from Stamford and have mailed them separately on the suitability of this. Their kit offering at over £200 is a whole power supply surely?

I'm currently scanning Farnell for suitable 'bits' but if any body has any specific advice on what they did or what is needed (heatsinks, cooling strategies, blah) that would be helpful.

I'm not looking for any help on the effectiveness of doing this nor opinions on why I'm doing this. There are plenty of comments on these topics in other threads.

Thx
Find all posts by this user
2017-06-09, 09:38
RE: Take Valhalla Outboard
I think you will struggle with this one, as it could be dangerous!
Most would, and should steer clear of modifying a power supply.

The Valhalla, and consequently the Hercules, (which is basically a copy) have mains power being supplied to them. It was for this reason that we no longer made the product, as it would fail the safety legislation we require to sell worldwide.

You may get more help from Edmond in the 3rd party section, but I am going to lock this thread up as I don't think it should be encouraged from a safety point of view.
Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed