Linn Forums

Current time: 2017-11-17, 18:15 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn Music Systems & Hi-fi Separates / Hi-Fi Separates and Components v / Linn's Summer Promotion 2017

Linn's Summer Promotion 2017
2017-09-02, 22:06 (This post was last modified: 2017-09-02 22:11 by Catweazle.)
RE: Linn's Summer Promotion 2017
So, the Akurate Exaktbox6 has been delivered today to my home by my trusted dealer, and we had fun setting it up and tunedemming SpaceOptimization+. I'm really happy with the result. We also tried to connect the AV5150 subwoofer in the analog domain. But trying this, neither at the analog out of the KRDSM, nor at the bass channels of the C6100 did help the music in any way. Yes, there were more deep notes, but no, they didn't play together with the rest. Connecting an Exaktbox Sub (which my dealer had brought along, out of curiosity) to the DaisyIn socket of the AV5150 was a true game changer. Suddenly, everything played together nicely. While the AV5150 stays switched off for the time being, the next step to go is already clear Big Grin
A wish towards Linn: It would be nice to better document how to connect the Exaktbox Sub to the AV5150. It gave us old boys something to think about. On the other hand, we can be more proud finding the way ourselves? Tongue
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-09-03, 09:23
(2017-09-02 22:06)Catweazle Wrote:  So, the Akurate Exaktbox6 has been delivered today to my home by my trusted dealer, and we had fun setting it up and tunedemming SpaceOptimization+. I'm really happy with the result. We also tried to connect the AV5150 subwoofer in the analog domain. But trying this, neither at the analog out of the KRDSM, nor at the bass channels of the C6100 did help the music in any way. Yes, there were more deep notes, but no, they didn't play together with the rest. Connecting an Exaktbox Sub (which my dealer had brought along, out of curiosity) to the DaisyIn socket of the AV5150 was a true game changer. Suddenly, everything played together nicely. While the AV5150 stays switched off for the time being, the next step to go is already clear Big Grin
A wish towards Linn: It would be nice to better document how to connect the Exaktbox Sub to the AV5150. It gave us old boys something to think about. On the other hand, we can be more proud finding the way ourselves? Tongue

What speakers do you use?

http://www.last.fm/user/mcgillroy

MDSM/2 - 6100/D - active Kabers - Nubert 441w sub + Qobuz Sublime.
2017-09-12, 20:02
(2017-09-03 09:23)mcgillroy Wrote:  
(2017-09-02 22:06)Catweazle Wrote:  So, the Akurate Exaktbox6 has been delivered today to my home by my trusted dealer, and we had fun setting it up and tunedemming SpaceOptimization+. I'm really happy with the result. We also tried to connect the AV5150 subwoofer in the analog domain. But trying this, neither at the analog out of the KRDSM, nor at the bass channels of the C6100 did help the music in any way. Yes, there were more deep notes, but no, they didn't play together with the rest. Connecting an Exaktbox Sub (which my dealer had brought along, out of curiosity) to the DaisyIn socket of the AV5150 was a true game changer. Suddenly, everything played together nicely. While the AV5150 stays switched off for the time being, the next step to go is already clear Big Grin

What speakers do you use?
AV5140 with Espek tweeters. And I don't use the AV5150, but maybe after Xmas IF Santa brings me an Exaktbox Sub ;-)