Linn Forums

Current time: 2017-09-24, 18:21 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn Music Systems & Hi-fi Separates / Network Music Players & Music Streamers v / Kazoo UI software not running

Kazoo UI software not running
2017-06-13, 20:24
Kazoo UI software not running
Hi all,

Just tried installing kazoo UI software on a windows 10 laptop,via an app Store,it says it's installed,however when I try to open it I get the black welcome screen for less than a second,then nothing.
It just won't run.

Has anyone else ever had this problem?

All advice and comments welcome,thanks in advance
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-06-14, 07:52
RE: Kazoo UI software not running
When you say "nothing" do you mean it just sits there blank, or does it close? If the latter it sounds like it's crashing for some reason which probably requires a call to the linn helpline who'd hopefully be able to track it down. Come to think of it, if it's the former the helpline may be a good idea too.
Sorry I can't be any more help myself. But I would suggest you backup your music files as soon as possible. You can do this with Windows Backup or it may be more convenient to just copy the entire library to an external drive (which would mean remembering to copy new albums each time though).

Akurate EDSM | Majik ExaktBox-I [on Custom Design iRAPs] | Majik 140, REL T5
Rega RP1, [DS214play +Jitterbug, MinimServer], Kazoo [Linx1010]

AV: Marantz NR1506 | B&W 652(C), M1(S), REL T5 (LFE) | Fronts powered by Linn
Net: NetGear DGN2200 | GS108 | AQ Forest x3

Hello to Jason Isaacs
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2017-06-14, 09:14
Store apps can be a real pain to debug; it is quite difficult to remove them and start again. I think that the advice to contact the Linn helpline is the correct answer in this case.

David

Main system: [Basik/Basik+/K5/Lejonklou Gaio >][Roksan Kandy Mk III >] KEDSM > Akurate Exaktbox 10 > Linn Silvers> A4200 x 2 and A2200 > K600 > Akubariks
Second system: Kiko
2017-06-17, 11:31 (This post was last modified: 2017-06-17 11:33 by kevinhodgkinson.)
(2017-06-13 20:24)wonky1969 Wrote:  Hi all,

Just tried installing kazoo UI software on a windows 10 laptop,via an app Store,it says it's installed,however when I try to open it I get the black welcome screen for less than a second,then nothing.
It just won't run.

Yes having a similar problem Kazoo (4.11.228) appears to establish a window briefly and then disappears. Using Windows 10 and there was an update to that a couple of days ago. The Kazoo had already been installed before the update to Windows and worked previously. Also Konfig no longer runs and also problem with the Linn Wizard ! But the good news is that an old version of Kinsky does work ! and Kazoo on iPad is okay so there does not seem to be an issue at the AkurateEDSM/Exactbox-I/Majik 140 end nor the Synology 213j/MinimServer end. I'll give Linn Support a call on Monday I think.
2017-06-19, 10:08
(2017-06-17 11:31)kevinhodgkinson Wrote:  
(2017-06-13 20:24)wonky1969 Wrote:  Hi all,

It just won't run.

Yes having a similar problem Kazoo (4.11.228) appears to establish a window briefly and then disappears. Using Windows 10 and there was an update to that a couple of days ago. The Kazoo had already been installed before the update to Windows and worked previously. Also Konfig no longer runs and also problem with the Linn Wizard ! But the good news is that an old version of Kinsky does work ! and Kazoo on iPad is okay so there does not seem to be an issue at the AkurateEDSM/Exactbox-I/Majik 140 end nor the Synology 213j/MinimServer end. I'll give Linn Support a call on Monday I think.

Just spoken with those very helpful people at Linn Support (Richard and Colin) problem was caused by the Firewall of my anti virus software, in my case Bullguard, they said that a recent AVG update was causing problems too.

Kevin
2017-06-19, 14:52
I'm having the same issue using Macafee!!

Akurate Sondek LP12 - Akurate EDSM - Akudorik Exakt
2017-06-19, 15:05
Need to create an exception for kazoo in your firewall probably. Works ok with norton.

Akurate EDSM | Majik ExaktBox-I [on Custom Design iRAPs] | Majik 140, REL T5
Rega RP1, [DS214play +Jitterbug, MinimServer], Kazoo [Linx1010]

AV: Marantz NR1506 | B&W 652(C), M1(S), REL T5 (LFE) | Fronts powered by Linn
Net: NetGear DGN2200 | GS108 | AQ Forest x3

Hello to Jason Isaacs
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2017-06-19, 15:22
Thanks Timster, I will give it a go when I get in this evening.

Stu.

Akurate Sondek LP12 - Akurate EDSM - Akudorik Exakt