Linn Forums

Current time: 2017-10-17, 03:08 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Music / Live Music / Did you see Bob Dylan in the 60's?

Did you see Bob Dylan in the 60's?
2017-06-23, 17:24
Did you see Bob Dylan in the 60's?
I'm working on a new book called - Bob Dylan - I Was There - which will contain accounts from over 400 fans memories of seeing Dylan live in concert.

The book will cover gigs and recordings from the start of his career until the end of 1969.

If you saw Dylan during the sixties, would you be interested in sharing your story?

The book is being published by Red Planet later this year.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-06-27, 19:20
RE: Did you see Bob Dylan in the 60's?
(2017-06-23 17:24)Spiritinthesky Wrote:  I'm working on a new book called - Bob Dylan - I Was There - which will contain accounts from over 400 fans memories of seeing Dylan live in concert.

The book will cover gigs and recordings from the start of his career until the end of 1969.

If you saw Dylan during the sixties, would you be interested in sharing your story?

I saw Dylan with my girlfriend in Liverpool in 1966. However, all I can remember is that the first set was just him and the second set, with his band. There were some people shouting out in the second set but I can't remember what they said. I hope you are able to find some people with better memories.

LP12/AEDSM/530
2017-06-27, 21:13
(2017-06-23 17:24)Spiritinthesky Wrote:  I'm working on a new book called - Bob Dylan - I Was There - which will contain accounts from over 400 fans memories of seeing Dylan live in concert.

Curious, why just 1969 ?

Main system, Lp12 tranquility , trampoline 2 , Cirkus bearing and sub chassis, lingo 3, Black Ittok LV11, Kairn Pro, Linto, LK280/Spark x2, Kudos. Kan11’s, silvers.

Lounge, Sneaky DS, kan’s

Kitchen, Kinekt room amp, sweetspot speakers. Streamed via Tidal.
2017-06-28, 06:54
We are just covering the early part of Dylan's career from the start until the end of 1969.
2017-06-28, 08:59
I saw him at blackbush aerodrome at the festival but memories very scetchy

Exakt 5.1
Klimax Exakt 350 Katalyst Melco N1Z anniversary Melodik sub Akurate 225 centre Akurate 4200 Akurate Exactbox 6 Akudorik Exakt Oppo UDP-205
2017-10-09, 16:16
Not quite. I did see him in 1974 with The Band at the Hollywood Sportatorium. Bad acoustics, great show.
2017-10-09, 19:54
Can’t help, but interested in the book
I had a band in the 80’s and our lead singer was a Dylan look alikeSmile

Main system, Lp12 tranquility , trampoline 2 , Cirkus bearing and sub chassis, lingo 3, Black Ittok LV11, Kairn Pro, Linto, LK280/Spark x2, Kudos. Kan11’s, silvers.

Lounge, Sneaky DS, kan’s

Kitchen, Kinekt room amp, sweetspot speakers. Streamed via Tidal.
2017-10-10, 14:18 (This post was last modified: 2017-10-10 14:18 by Briain.)
I can't help but repeat the infamous comment that if you know the answer to the thread title question, then likely you just weren't stoned enough back the 60's! Tongue Big Grin

I'm slightly too young to have attended a 60s BD concert, so in my case, the [mostly wine induced] memory loss encompasses the period from approximately 1979 -> yesterday afternoon! Big Grin

Bri

KDS/1 (music) + ADSM (AV) -> KK/1 -> 350A + miniDSP time & phase aligned 345 rear sub
KDS Renew -> Homebrew fixed attenuator -> 2250/D -> 212 and Sizmik front sub (bedroom)
MDSI -> 104C (awaiting installation in my kitchen)
MDSI -> Shahinian Arc (installed at my mum's house)
2017-10-10, 20:34
It’s really interesting that a few people say, yep I saw him but I really can’t remember any sort of detail.....
Things I remember about gigs :
* I was there
* The venue
* How pissed was I
* How good it was at the time
* The odd things that never normally happen at a gig

Things that people claim to remember :
* The running order
* Obscure support band that later became big
* Dedication and chat from the Lead singer between songs
* The level of musicianship shown on that evening
* Price of bottle of a bottle of Newcastle Brown circa 1973

Honestly some people must take notes or are lying because surely to God no one really remembers any detail after 2/3 years let alone 45 years Tongue

LP12, Renew, KK in Black, Tunebox full of cards, LK140 X3, Klout on the Mid, Keltiks, lots of Silver Linn Cables, thick grey expensive cable under the floor boards AKA K600.
And a lot of Dummies books on IPads, Home networks and Windows 8