Linn Forums

Current time: 2017-12-17, 05:25 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Meta / Linn Website Feedback v / Website hangs

Website hangs
2017-06-24, 09:25
Website hangs
I click down on "International" and "Germany" here hangs the Site and I have Firefox start again.
[Image: linn_de_hangs.jpg]

Windows 10 and Firefox 54.0
It does not always hang in the same place

Greetings Jörn (sorry for my awful english)
Hörland - Over 40 years LINN
Open Source Seite: http://www.jpo-aktuell.de/OpenSource.php

New LP12, Radikal, Urika, Kore, Ekos SE, Kristal / QNAP 569 Pro / RME UCX
Akurate Exakt DSM2 / Kinsky (Minim) - Sneaky
Akubarik with Amp Stands / Silvercable - Unik / K200
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-06-24, 12:28 (This post was last modified: 2017-06-24 13:04 by Briain.)
RE: Website hangs
I just looked at https://linn.co.uk/de from within the UK and it loads without any problems, so my guess is that it's a problem with the CDN cached page in your zone (I'm assuming Linn use Clourflare, or something similar). You could try clearing your browser cache in case something stored locally is corrupting the page loading process. Of course, I guess it's also just possible that an asset on the actual page (rather than in the cache) could be upsetting your version of Firefox; I'm using Firefox 45.9.0 on Linux, but I'll try a current version on a Windows machine, later this afternoon.

Bri

Edit: Tried Firefox on Windows 10 Pro (64 bit version 1703) and it was fine. Interestingly, it showed the Linn logo full screen for a fraction of a second, then the page continued to load normally. That Windows / Firefox combination had not been used to visit linn.co.uk before today (so nothing would be cached) and I couldn't repeat that event (even after clearing the browser cache) so it looks like it was just a one-off off event.

KDS/1 (music) + ADSM (AV) -> KK/1 -> 350A + miniDSP time & phase aligned 345 rear sub
KDS Renew -> Homebrew fixed attenuator -> 2250/D -> 212 and Sizmik front sub (bedroom)
MDSI -> 104C (awaiting installation in my kitchen)
MDSI -> Shahinian Arc (installed at my mum's house)
Find all posts by this user
2017-06-24, 12:40
RE: Website hangs
The page loads without a problem for me on an iMac with Firefox 53.0

My system: LP12/Keel/Radikal/Ekos 2/Akiva/Akurate DSM1/Cisco WS-C2960-8TC-L/ QNAP 219P II / Kudos /2 x C6100-D/Akubarik (externally active).
Find all posts by this user