Linn Forums

Current time: 2017-10-22, 21:57 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn Music Systems & Hi-fi Separates / Network Music Players & Music Streamers / Space Optimisation v / Space optimisation problem

Space optimisation problem
2017-07-14, 08:39
Space optimisation problem
I was just routinely checking my setting on Konfig (4.33.69) and noticed that I no longer had any space optimisation data. Not only this, but I have no options to recover any old data.

Not to be dissuaded, I measured everything up again, but when I input any data, the page just doesn't accept it. As soon as I enter a figure, it disappears again after entering.

Any thoughts?

On another topic that may or may not be Konfig related; a couple of years back I had a problem with my DS switching on randomly for no apparent reason. Though nobody was able to give a definitive answer the problem suddenly stopped so I didn't pursue it any further.

Now it has started again, but I can't see any pattern as to why it is doing this. I now have a KRDS rather than the MDS,I had first time round so can probably assume it is not the hardware.

Again, any thoughts?

Klimax Renew DS/1
Majik-i
Majik 140 Enhanced
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-07-14, 09:34
RE: Space optimisation problem
(2017-07-14 08:39)Peter Lanky Wrote:  On another topic that may or may not be Konfig related; a couple of years back I had a problem with my DS switching on randomly for no apparent reason. Though nobody was able to give a definitive answer the problem suddenly stopped so I didn't pursue it any further.

Now it has started again, but I can't see any pattern as to why it is doing this. I now have a KRDS rather than the MDS,I had first time round so can probably assume it is not the hardware.

Again, any thoughts?

Does anyone in your house use Kinsky? Kinsky brings its current room out of standby automatically so even launching it by mistake then quickly exiting would bring your DS out of standby.

If that doesn't sound likely, another possibility is that your DS is crashing then rebooting. This could only happen if your DS is set to boot out of Standby (Startup Mode on Device tab in Konfig set to Active). If your Startup Mode is Active, can you PM me your product id (see About tab in Konfig) please? This'll allow me to check for any crash reports from your DS.
2017-07-14, 09:43
(2017-07-14 08:39)Peter Lanky Wrote:  I was just routinely checking my setting on Konfig (4.33.69) and noticed that I no longer had any space optimisation data. Not only this, but I have no options to recover any old data.

Not to be dissuaded, I measured everything up again, but when I input any data, the page just doesn't accept it. As soon as I enter a figure, it disappears again after entering.

Any thoughts?

It's possible your DS does actually have SO settings applied. If SO in Konfig hasn't been opened since it was last updated it can sometimes do this. Have you tried retrieving them from the DS using that option it gives you?
Otherwsie, if you've ever Exported your SO settings, try Importing them.

And you have to select the tick mark when entering values. Carriage Return doesn't do it for some reason.

Akurate EDSM | Majik ExaktBox-I [on Custom Design iRAPs] | Majik 140, REL T5
Rega RP1, [DS214play +Jitterbug, MinimServer], Kazoo [Linx1010]

AV: Marantz NR1506 | B&W 652(C), M1(S), REL T5 (LFE) | Fronts powered by Linn
Net: NetGear DGN2200 | GS108 | AQ Forest x3

Hello to Jason Isaacs
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2017-07-14, 09:48
(2017-07-14 09:34)Simon Chisholm Wrote:  If that doesn't sound likely, another possibility is that your DS is crashing then rebooting. This could only happen if your DS is set to boot out of Standby (Startup Mode on Device tab in Konfig set to Active). If your Startup Mode is Active, can you PM me your product id (see About tab in Konfig) please? This'll allow me to check for any crash reports from your DS.

We have no crash reports from your DS. So, unless you have disabled crash reporting (Send Crash Data on Device tab of Konfig), it looks like something else on your network is waking your DS.
2017-07-14, 10:11
(2017-07-14 09:48)Simon Chisholm Wrote:  
(2017-07-14 09:34)Simon Chisholm Wrote:  If that doesn't sound likely, another possibility is that your DS is crashing then rebooting. This could only happen if your DS is set to boot out of Standby (Startup Mode on Device tab in Konfig set to Active). If your Startup Mode is Active, can you PM me your product id (see About tab in Konfig) please? This'll allow me to check for any crash reports from your DS.

We have no crash reports from your DS. So, unless you have disabled crash reporting (Send Crash Data on Device tab of Konfig), it looks like something else on your network is waking your DS.

I do not know how, but I am pretty sure my ADSM a few times has been turned on when a relative was doing something with her mobile telephone (despite not having Kazoo installed at all). Did not pursue this, but think about it next time.

MI
2017-07-14, 10:15

Crash reporting is enabled.

Klimax Renew DS/1
Majik-i
Majik 140 Enhanced
2017-07-14, 10:15
(2017-07-14 10:11)MetalloIL6 Wrote:  

I do not know how, but I am pretty sure my ADSM a few times has been turned on when a relative was doing something with her mobile telephone (despite not having Kazoo installed at all). Did not pursue this, but think about it next time.

MI

She could have selected it in Airplay's devices, whether intentionally or not.

Hello to Jason Isaacs
2017-07-14, 10:22
(2017-07-14 09:43)timster Wrote:  
(2017-07-14 08:39)Peter Lanky Wrote:  I was just routinely checking my setting on Konfig (4.33.69) and noticed that I no longer had any space optimisation data. Not only this, but I have no options to recover any old data.

Any thoughts?

It's possible your DS does actually have SO settings applied. If SO in Konfig hasn't been opened since it was last updated it can sometimes do this. Have you tried retrieving them from the DS using that option it gives you?

And you have to select the tick mark when entering values. Carriage Return doesn't do it for some reason.

It's the 'tick box' issue that is stopping me entering data. What a strange way of doing things. It's now set up, though it doesn't explain why I lost the data in the first place. I've saved the data too.

A couple of other things strike me as odd:
That my floor may have doors and windows. Rolleyes
That SO differentiates between single and double glazing but not if you have a carpet, large curtains, large furniture items or a bay window.

Klimax Renew DS/1
Majik-i
Majik 140 Enhanced
2017-07-14, 11:18
(2017-07-14 10:22)Peter Lanky Wrote:  
(2017-07-14 09:43)timster Wrote:  

Any thoughts?

It's the 'tick box' issue that is stopping me entering data. What a strange way of doing things. It's now set up, though it doesn't explain why I lost the data in the first place. I've saved the data too.

A couple of other things strike me as odd:
That my floor may have doors and windows. Rolleyes
That SO differentiates between single and double glazing but not if you have a carpet, large curtains, large furniture items or a bay window.

Same is true for ceilings, but I guess you could have skylights and loft doors.
A friend of mine lives in a basement apartment of on old house that has a well, so there's a glass floor to cover it. You could have a trapdoor too!

Glazing type probably has more reflective effect than the others you mention.

Hello to Jason Isaacs
2017-07-14, 13:38
It will take a lot of good persuasion to convince me that the difference between single and double glazing has more of an effect that carpets and curtains, but I'm open to any scientific explanation.

I suppose the point I was making is that the SO setup seems to go very much into the nitty gritty of what appear to be small issues while ignoring much more significant ones.

Klimax Renew DS/1
Majik-i
Majik 140 Enhanced