Linn Forums

Current time: 2017-10-21, 09:26 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Getting Started / What to Buy / From the Beginning

From the Beginning
2017-07-27, 14:55
RE: From the Beginning
OK. Great. That is just as I hoped. I like the idea of buying a modern system and then adding sources as I am able.

By the way, I am on my way to D.C. next week and I have already scoped out a Linn dealer with a showroom. Will have my first Linn Listening session since the Sara was a new speaker.

Current System -
Broken Rotel RA-840BX4 Integrated Amp, Norman Laboratory Model 7 Speakers with dry-rotted foam surround, Wharfedale Coleridge speakers with smashed tweeter.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-07-27, 15:33
(2017-07-27 14:55)jgreggbell Wrote:  OK. Great. That is just as I hoped. I like the idea of buying a modern system and then adding sources as I am able.

By the way, I am on my way to D.C. next week and I have already scoped out a Linn dealer with a showroom. Will have my first Linn Listening session since the Sara was a new speaker.

Excellent. Two things if you don't know the dealer:
1. Make sure you listen with Space Optimisation both OFF and ON. You never know - SO may not be set up right and sometimes can potentially make a system sound worse than with it off entirely.
And 2. Don't be tempted to listen to anything with Exakt, or the Klimax range... Just in case you go away with mad ideas in your head....Wink

Akurate EDSM | Majik ExaktBox-I [on Custom Design iRAPs] | Majik 140, REL T5
Rega RP1, [DS214play +Jitterbug, MinimServer], Kazoo [Linx1010]

AV: Marantz NR1506 | B&W 652(C), M1(S), REL T5 (LFE) | Fronts powered by Linn
Net: NetGear DGN2200 | GS108 | AQ Forest x3

Hello to Jason Isaacs
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2017-07-27, 15:35
I will heed your advice, Timster!

(2017-07-27 15:33)timster Wrote:  
(2017-07-27 14:55)jgreggbell Wrote:  OK. Great. That is just as I hoped. I like the idea of buying a modern system and then adding sources as I am able.

Excellent. Two things if you don't know the dealer:
1. Make sure you listen with Space Optimisation both OFF and ON. You never know - SO may not be set up right and sometimes can potentially make a system sound worse than with it off entirely.
And 2. Don't be tempted to listen to anything with Exakt, or the Klimax range... Just in case you go away with mad ideas in your head....Wink

Current System -
Broken Rotel RA-840BX4 Integrated Amp, Norman Laboratory Model 7 Speakers with dry-rotted foam surround, Wharfedale Coleridge speakers with smashed tweeter.
Find all posts by this user