Linn Forums

Current time: 2017-11-19, 20:23 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Getting Started / What to Buy / From the Beginning

From the Beginning
2017-10-30, 19:24
RE: From the Beginning
Timster said:
"Remind us what you listen to the 140s with? A Majik DSM? Could simply be that the integrated amp is a bit underwhelming compared to what your used to. I wouldn't blame the speaker but perhaps more what's behind it Wink"

I misread and miss-answered your question, Timster. Sorry. I listened to the 140's with a Majik DSM playing both streamed content and ripped C.D.s. Selections included Stevie Ray Vaughn, and Earth, Wind, and Fire.

Gregg

Current System -
Broken Rotel RA-840BX4 Integrated Amp, Norman Laboratory Model 82 Speakers with dry-rotted foam surround, Wharfedale Coleridge speakers with smashed tweeter.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-10-31, 07:58
RE: From the Beginning
(2017-10-30 19:24)jgreggbell Wrote:  Timster said:
"Remind us what you listen to the 140s with? A Majik DSM? Could simply be that the integrated amp is a bit underwhelming compared to what your used to. I wouldn't blame the speaker but perhaps more what's behind it Wink"

I misread and miss-answered your question, Timster. Sorry. I listened to the 140's with a Majik DSM playing both streamed content and ripped C.D.s. Selections included Stevie Ray Vaughn, and Earth, Wind, and Fire.

Gregg

The Majik is a capable player. It's possibly the integrated amps that were underwhelming. They are the "entry level" after all.

Akurate EDSM | Majik ExaktBox-I [on Custom Design iRAPs] | Majik 140, REL T5
Rega RP1, [QNAP HS-251+, Jitterbug, MinimServer, Asset], Kazoo [Linx1010]

AV: Marantz NR1506 | B&W 620(C), M1(S), REL T5 (LFE) | Fronts powered by Linn
Net: NetGear DGN2200 | GS108 | AQ Forest x3

Hello to Jason Isaacs
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply