Linn Forums

Current time: 2018-07-20, 15:08 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn Music Systems & Hi-fi Separates / Network Music Players & Music Streamers / Exakt v / New Exakt Filter - Akubarik?

New Exakt Filter - Akubarik?
2017-07-21, 08:40
RE: New Exakt Filter - Akubarik?
Am I right in thinking that for an Exakt system's Exakt engine, and associated software (compilers, speaker filters etc.), the EDSM firmware plays no significant part that needs further explanation? It is after all just a DSM without an analogue pre-amp.

♫ ♫ Akurate EDSM | AEBox10 [on Custom Design iRAPs] | M6100+2100 | Majik 140 [on alu stands] | REL T5
♫ ♫ Rega RP1, [QNAP HS-251+, Jitterbug, MinimServer, Asset], Kazoo

AV: Marantz NR1506 | B&W 620(C), M1(S), REL T5 (LFE) | Fronts powered by Linn
Net: NetGear DGN2200 | GS108 | AQ Forest x3

Hello to Jason Isaacs
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-07-21, 11:05 (This post was last modified: 2017-07-21 12:02 by soundsgoodhh.)
Hi,
I still have the problem to download the latest Konfig beta Version for MacOS 10.12.6
I have Install: Konfig 4.33.69
I got the Dialog: There is a new ... Konfig (Beta 4.33.70)
After I press Update, I got: The update failed ...
For few second - after the Double-Click to launch the Konfig App - the Text of the Update Dialog is different "There is a new ... Konfig (Beta - to fast to read the Version - look like 4.33.74)" and then disappear
Thanks for your support
Thomas

### I found the Answer in Developer Forum / Konfig Beta update fails ###
Thanks Thomas
Find all posts by this user
2017-07-21, 21:18
Still having update message for Exakt Akudoriks

Exakt 5.1
Klimax Exakt 350 Katalyst Melco N1Z anniversary Melodik sub Akurate 225 centre Akurate 4200 Katalyst Akurate Exactbox 6 Akudorik Katalyst Exakt Oppo UDP-205
2017-07-22, 21:53
Perhaps I've missed some information in this and some of the other threads, but I still have some questions about the new filter selection feature.

* The Konfig update is a bit erratic here but it's possible for me to install versions 69 or 72 by using the executables downloaded from the website http://oss.linn.co.uk/Releases/Konfig/Davaar/.
* Konfig 69 offers the Exakt "up/downgrade" to filters 3.0, while Konfig 72 doesn't, and I think that's the expected behaviour.
* I did not apply the Exakt "up/downgrade".
* In neither Konfig version I'm seeing any option to select filter versions- where exactly is this supposed to appear, perhaps I'm blind? (Or is it required to install the Exakt "up/downgrade" to get this feature?)
* In the filter revision list provided by joshh, I can see that there are two different versions of the 3.0 filters, the second one released in June, likely triggering the Exakt "up/downgrade". Why are there two versions? Was the first 3.0 version not compatible with the filter selection feature and has the second version been introduced to make it compatible?

Sorry if some of the questions are dumb, just interested to get behind the details...

AEDSM, Akurate Exaktbox, 2*A4200/D, C2200/D, Akubariks
Majik DS-I, Katans
2017-07-22, 22:40
I can shed some light on a couple of the points raised by Macallan.

As advised by Linn on the thread in the development forum, I downloaded and installed Konfig 4.34.72 manually (the update was alternately not being offered and failing from Konfig itself). Version 72 immediately offered me an update to Akubarik filters, which I duly installed. After the update, my software suite was still using the latest filter version (5.0) as it had been previously, and I have not so far detected any change in the performance of my system.

As with Version 71, Version 72 offers the alternative speaker filters, if the option to show speaker variants is ticked in Konfig settings. I believe (subject to correction) that this option is only available if Konfig can 'see' an Exakt system.

I don't know the reasons for particular filter sets being available for particular speakers, but it is worth drawing attention to the Linn advice that filter options will only be offered if they are compatible with the software suite. How that works going forward I don't quite know; if experience with DS software is anything to go by, some people will want to 'freeze' their software versions indefinitely.

David

Main system: [LP12* > Lejonklou Gaio >][Roksan Kandy Mk III >] KEDSM > Akurate Exaktbox 10/1 > Linn Silvers> A4200 x 2 and A2200 > K600 > Akubariks.
*LP12: 1987 fluted plinth; Cirkus; Lingo 4; Trampolin; Kore; Basik Plus arm; K5 cartridge, Paratrace stylus.

Second system: Kiko.
2017-07-22, 23:00
Thanks for your comments DavidHB! The whole issue is still a little mysterious to me, given that we have almost identical systems yet the upgrade behaviour is different. But I think once we have a new stable release everything will converge again.

AEDSM, Akurate Exaktbox, 2*A4200/D, C2200/D, Akubariks
Majik DS-I, Katans
2017-07-22, 23:11
(2017-07-22 23:00)Macallan Wrote:  Thanks for your comments DavidHB! The whole issue is still a little mysterious to me, given that we have almost identical systems yet the upgrade behaviour is different. But I think once we have a new stable release everything will converge again.

I'm hoping that, as regards the actual software installation, things are now stable for me, not least because the system is sounding pretty good and I want it to stay that way. Clearly the Konfig updating problem needs to be fixed, but even there the direct download - hardly a major task - has fixed the immediate problem.

David

Main system: [LP12* > Lejonklou Gaio >][Roksan Kandy Mk III >] KEDSM > Akurate Exaktbox 10/1 > Linn Silvers> A4200 x 2 and A2200 > K600 > Akubariks.
*LP12: 1987 fluted plinth; Cirkus; Lingo 4; Trampolin; Kore; Basik Plus arm; K5 cartridge, Paratrace stylus.

Second system: Kiko.
2017-07-23, 13:17
Oh dear me I too am having issues and cannot update filters for my Akubariks. Message states released on 28/6/17 needs Konfig v4.34.71 or later. I have V4.34.69 but nowhere to upgrade to 71. tried to update but no success
Checking Konfig 69 for updates states Konfig is up to date. Ticked beta program tried to update to 72 but update failed.Tried again beta program now states update to 70 tried but update failed.
What now? Do I just wait for Linn to sort it? I am sure it will be sorted so patience I presume is required.

Harvey and Pookah
2017-07-23, 13:28
(2017-07-23 13:17)Harvey and his Pookah Wrote:  Oh dear me I too am having issues and cannot update filters for my Akubariks. Message states released on 28/6/17 needs Konfig v4.34.71 or later. I have V4.34.69 but nowhere to upgrade to 71. tried to update but no success
Checking Konfig 69 for updates states Konfig is up to date. Ticked beta program tried to update to 72 but update failed.Tried again beta program now states update to 70 tried but update failed.
What now? Do I just wait for Linn to sort it? I am sure it will be sorted so patience I presume is required.

Try this link:

https://forums.linn.co.uk/bb/showthread....#pid444658

BY
2017-07-23, 13:28
(2017-07-23 13:17)Harvey and his Pookah Wrote:  Oh dear me I too am having issues and cannot update filters for my Akubariks. Message states released on 28/6/17 needs Konfig v4.34.71 or later. I have V4.34.69 but nowhere to upgrade to 71. tried to update but no success

If you want the latest Beta, check here:
http://forums.linn.co.uk/bb/showthread.p...#pid444658

♫ ♫ Akurate EDSM | AEBox10 [on Custom Design iRAPs] | M6100+2100 | Majik 140 [on alu stands] | REL T5
♫ ♫ Rega RP1, [QNAP HS-251+, Jitterbug, MinimServer, Asset], Kazoo

AV: Marantz NR1506 | B&W 620(C), M1(S), REL T5 (LFE) | Fronts powered by Linn
Net: NetGear DGN2200 | GS108 | AQ Forest x3

Hello to Jason Isaacs
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user