Linn Forums

Current time: 2017-11-24, 10:02 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Meta / Forum and Community Feedback v / Proposed Forum Re-Organisation

Proposed Forum Re-Organisation
2017-07-19, 10:59
RE: Proposed Forum Re-Organisation
(2017-07-19 10:34)Jim Collinson Wrote:  
(2017-07-19 10:17)Tin Wrote:  PS who can I bribe for Katalyst ADSM or a very very very cheap KDSM? ?

Bank manager?
All automated these days. I know that software is not your forté, but in the EU we use it quite a lot. Tongue

I'll be going on my way now. Wink

Tin can telephone system.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-07-19, 11:01
Just to be clear - if I understand what is meant by product category? Streamer/Amps/LP12/Speakers/Exaktboxes/Integrated, or Klimax/Akurate/Majik/Sneaky? Splitting categories by the former is OK, not the latter, is where I was goiong Wink

Akurate EDSM | Majik ExaktBox-I [on Custom Design iRAPs] | Majik 140, REL T5
Rega RP1, [QNAP HS-251+, Jitterbug, MinimServer, Asset], Kazoo [Linx1010]

AV: Marantz NR1506 | B&W 620(C), M1(S), REL T5 (LFE) | Fronts powered by Linn
Net: NetGear DGN2200 | GS108 | AQ Forest x3

Hello to Jason Isaacs
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2017-07-19, 11:03
Oh, as for the stack overflow style forum, that only really works if the subject is fairly unambiguous. I doubt that our subjects will be suitable for that.
But maybe it's worth a shot.

Tin can telephone system.
2017-07-19, 11:04
(2017-07-19 11:01)timster Wrote:  Just to be clear - if I understand what is meant by product category? Streamer/Amps/LP12/Speakers/Exaktboxes/Integrated, or Klimax/Akurate/Majik/Sneaky? Splitting categories by the former is OK, not the latter, is where I was goiong Wink

Yeah, definitely not the latter.

My question was, do you split by product category, and then have a support section beneath each?

Or do you have a single support section, which is then catagorised by product type?

Jim
2017-07-19, 11:07
(2017-07-19 11:04)Jim Collinson Wrote:  
(2017-07-19 11:01)timster Wrote:  Just to be clear - if I understand what is meant by product category? Streamer/Amps/LP12/Speakers/Exaktboxes/Integrated, or Klimax/Akurate/Majik/Sneaky? Splitting categories by the former is OK, not the latter, is where I was goiong Wink

Yeah, definitely not the latter.

My question was, do you split by product category, and then have a support section beneath each?

Or do you have a single support section, which is then catagorised by product type?

Jim

I think that depends on the granularity of the categorisation becasue there is cross-over (integrated speaker or Exaktbox for example).
But instinctively I'd say the latter.

Hello to Jason Isaacs
2017-07-20, 16:31
Not sure how many people would actually be using it...but I think there needs to be a forum for people interested in developing applications or contributing to the Linn open source software and it doesn't seem to me to fit in Software or Beta.

The Linn OSS site points to these forums but I've never know where exactly to post question like that.
2017-07-20, 19:21
I have an additional idea. Joshh has posted very informative posts regarding filters and exakt versions etc. Philbo has also posted very interesting detailed information on speaker and filter design. Others (sorry I forget who for now, could be both the aforementioned!) have posted similar on Space/room algorithms. So - I think it would extremely useful to have an Information Resource section on here somewhere.
Read-only information posted only by Linn staff, such as the above. Perhaps they could be stickies on the sub-forums for the relevant technologies? Or a section all it's own? It would save repeated questions and/or searches for readily-available static information that could be sectioned off.

Hello to Jason Isaacs
2017-07-24, 10:52
(2017-07-20 19:21)timster Wrote:  I have an additional idea. Joshh has posted very informative posts regarding filters and exakt versions etc. Philbo has also posted very interesting detailed information on speaker and filter design. Others (sorry I forget who for now, could be both the aforementioned!) have posted similar on Space/room algorithms. So - I think it would extremely useful to have an Information Resource section on here somewhere.
Read-only information posted only by Linn staff, such as the above. Perhaps they could be stickies on the sub-forums for the relevant technologies? Or a section all it's own? It would save repeated questions and/or searches for readily-available static information that could be sectioned off.

I would consider thus the preserve of either/both the FAQ section under getting started, or stickies on each individual sub-forum.

We should sticky things more I think. Please do pipe-up if you think a post/thread is worthy of a sticky or FAQ answer status folks.

Jim
2017-07-24, 10:56
(2017-07-20 16:31)rodperson Wrote:  Not sure how many people would actually be using it...but I think there needs to be a forum for people interested in developing applications or contributing to the Linn open source software and it doesn't seem to me to fit in Software or Beta.

The Linn OSS site points to these forums but I've never know where exactly to post question like that.

This is actually what the current 'Development' forum was originally conceived for, but it has become largely the preserve of Linn Beta chat.

I would think a forum under the Beta section would be an appropriate location (i.e. away from the typical user discussions) should one be required.

Jim
2017-07-24, 11:20
I've started to implement some of the less controversial changes.

Please do keep the feedback coming on the rest.

Jim