Linn Forums

Current time: 2017-11-24, 10:20 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Meta / Forum and Community Feedback v / Proposed Forum Re-Organisation

Proposed Forum Re-Organisation
2017-07-24, 11:34
RE: Proposed Forum Re-Organisation
(2017-07-24 10:52)Jim Collinson Wrote:  
(2017-07-20 19:21)timster Wrote:  I have an additional idea. Joshh has posted very informative posts regarding filters and exakt versions etc. Philbo has also posted very interesting detailed information on speaker and filter design. Others (sorry I forget who for now, could be both the aforementioned!) have posted similar on Space/room algorithms. So - I think it would extremely useful to have an Information Resource section on here somewhere.
Read-only information posted only by Linn staff, such as the above. Perhaps they could be stickies on the sub-forums for the relevant technologies? Or a section all it's own? It would save repeated questions and/or searches for readily-available static information that could be sectioned off.

I would consider thus the preserve of either/both the FAQ section under getting started, or stickies on each individual sub-forum.

We should sticky things more I think. Please do pipe-up if you think a post/thread is worthy of a sticky or FAQ answer status folks.

Jim

Anything by Philbo or Joshh!

Is it possible to extract single posts into the FAQ or as a sticky, rather than sticky a whole thread?

Akurate EDSM | Majik ExaktBox-I [on Custom Design iRAPs] | Majik 140, REL T5
Rega RP1, [QNAP HS-251+, Jitterbug, MinimServer, Asset], Kazoo [Linx1010]

AV: Marantz NR1506 | B&W 620(C), M1(S), REL T5 (LFE) | Fronts powered by Linn
Net: NetGear DGN2200 | GS108 | AQ Forest x3

Hello to Jason Isaacs
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-07-24, 11:48
(2017-07-24 11:34)timster Wrote:  Anything by Philbo or Joshh!

Is it possible to extract single posts into the FAQ or as a sticky, rather than sticky a whole thread?

I was imagining the FAQ answers would be curated / edited by hand, while the stickies would be whole threads posts. I have yet to investigate whether a stick can be a single post.

Will have a look.
Find all posts by this user
2017-07-24, 11:50
(2017-07-24 11:48)Jim Collinson Wrote:  
(2017-07-24 11:34)timster Wrote:  Anything by Philbo or Joshh!

I was imagining the FAQ answers would be curated / edited by hand, while the stickies would be whole threads posts. I have yet to investigate whether a stick can be a single post.

Will have a look.

Copy and paste should be your friend Smile The problem with the whole thread is that it's not always easy to pick out the accurate from the flawed myth. Editing would be perfect but likely take too long. I would agree that there is value on retaining the best of the bunch.
2017-07-24, 11:54
(2017-07-24 11:50)Martin H Wrote:  
(2017-07-24 11:48)Jim Collinson Wrote:  I was imagining the FAQ answers would be curated / edited by hand, while the stickies would be whole threads posts. I have yet to investigate whether a stick can be a single post.

Will have a look.

Copy and paste should be your friend Smile The problem with the whole thread is that it's not always easy to pick out the accurate from the flawed myth. Editing would be perfect but likely take too long. I would agree that there is value on retaining the best of the bunch.

Again, this is an argument for improved/upgraded forum software, which would allow the best and most trusted posts to be highlighted and promoted without direct intervention or losing the context of the thread.
2017-07-24, 11:56
I am desperately trying to think of a question to post in one of the new virgin forums - just to be the 1st. Can't think of one..... not going to a gig...
Grr....
Wink

Akurate EDSM | Majik ExaktBox-I [on Custom Design iRAPs] | Majik 140, REL T5
Rega RP1, [QNAP HS-251+, Jitterbug, MinimServer, Asset], Kazoo [Linx1010]

AV: Marantz NR1506 | B&W 620(C), M1(S), REL T5 (LFE) | Fronts powered by Linn
Net: NetGear DGN2200 | GS108 | AQ Forest x3

Hello to Jason Isaacs
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2017-07-24, 16:03 (This post was last modified: 2017-07-24 16:07 by Visoflex.)
Perhaps a dedicated area in Recorded Music for people to post their Qobuz or Tidal playlists

LP12SE, KDSM/2, Zoneripper
Asset / Kazoo
Akubariks
2017-07-24, 18:44
(2017-07-24 16:03)Visoflex Wrote:  Perhaps a dedicated area in Recorded Music for people to post their Qobuz or Tidal playlists

not sure they are being posted enough to warrant a section (shame Sad) and so a thread in the music section would do it I think unfortunately.
2017-07-24, 19:21
(2017-07-24 18:44)Martin H Wrote:  
(2017-07-24 16:03)Visoflex Wrote:  Perhaps a dedicated area in Recorded Music for people to post their Qobuz or Tidal playlists

not sure they are being posted enough to warrant a section (shame Sad) and so a thread in the music section would do it I think unfortunately.
I don't even make playlists for myself. But I did just post an interesting album in 'What are you listening right now..'
I hope that makes you a bit less sad. Wink

Tin can telephone system.
2017-07-25, 10:51
Being a reactionary, I don't like change. So I suppose it will take me time to get used to the new format.

I wonder why the change was required. Maybe it will make it easier to find what you want, I don't know.

I believe Victor Meldrew didn't like the change. Big Grin I suppose I will get used to it. Rolleyes

And the birds up on the wires and the telegraph poles
They can always fly away from this rain and this cold
2017-07-25, 11:34
(2017-07-25 10:51)grimreaper46 Wrote:  Being a reactionary, I don't like change. So I suppose it will take me time to get used to the new format.

I wonder why the change was required. Maybe it will make it easier to find what you want, I don't know.

I believe Victor Meldrew didn't like the change. Big Grin I suppose I will get used to it. Rolleyes

I am with you.

I think we now have more places to look for, with no more clarity. But it is what it is!

Dave