Linn Forums

Current time: 2017-11-19, 20:24 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Meta / Forum and Community Feedback v / Proposed Forum Re-Organisation

Proposed Forum Re-Organisation
2017-07-28, 21:17
RE: Proposed Forum Re-Organisation
(2017-07-28 12:07)Martin H Wrote:  
(2017-07-28 11:34)fschmeis Wrote:  
(2017-07-28 09:38)Martin H Wrote:  
(2017-07-28 09:06)Jim Collinson Wrote:  I should also say, that moving to new forum software would enable more flexibility in how things are organised and structured, allowing for more than just one way of thinking about out products and finding information about them. MyBB is quite rigid in that respect.

That won't please everyone though, as it'd be more change, but it should please more people, more of the time. And hopefully the transition would be smooth; hence the reason I suggested a beta period, on a ring-fenced range of topics, to try out the new system.

I think the beta site makes sense. It will give everyone a chance to see what the benefits are before you flip the switch. I have to admit that I haven't seen it anywhere else in action and so find it difficult to imagine what missing features it provides. In the meantime are there some good examples out there that you can point us to? Thx

at the beginning of this thread there are two examples mentioned

Thanks but had me fooled for a while there as it was on page 2 ?

Roonlabs forum was the link.

right, and also https://safenetforum.org

KDSM/1, Twins (D), Katalyst Komris, Roon
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-07-29, 16:05
I think there's a little bug! It may be to do with subforums, as I've not encountered it before. it's not major, but I get an email notification of a new post to a thread I'm subscribed to in Space Optimisation, so I follow the link and read it. My usual practice is to Jump to Forum Home to see if there's anything else new while I'm here. However, the top forum (Network music players in this instance) has the new posts indicator set, so I open it - and there's nothing new, so I go Home again, and it's unset.
Like I said, very minor, but a time waster! Wink

Akurate EDSM | Majik ExaktBox-I [on Custom Design iRAPs] | Majik 140, REL T5
Rega RP1, [QNAP HS-251+, Jitterbug, MinimServer, Asset], Kazoo [Linx1010]

AV: Marantz NR1506 | B&W 620(C), M1(S), REL T5 (LFE) | Fronts powered by Linn
Net: NetGear DGN2200 | GS108 | AQ Forest x3

Hello to Jason Isaacs
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2017-07-29, 20:36
(2017-07-29 16:05)timster Wrote:  I think there's a little bug! It may be to do with subforums, as I've not encountered it before. it's not major, but I get an email notification of a new post to a thread I'm subscribed to in Space Optimisation, so I follow the link and read it. My usual practice is to Jump to Forum Home to see if there's anything else new while I'm here. However, the top forum (Network music players in this instance) has the new posts indicator set, so I open it - and there's nothing new, so I go Home again, and it's unset.
Like I said, very minor, but a time waster! Wink

Me too. I was wondering if logging out and back in might fix it but am too idle to try Big Grin

ADs/2 -> Klimax Exaktbox/1 -> Silvers -> 2xKCT/D -> K200 -> Ninka
Exaktbox Sub - BK Sub
2017-07-30, 13:31
After a few days with the new structure, a couple of observations:

1. There used to be a General HiFi section. Now it is under "Linn Music Systems and HiFi Separates". This could be read to mean anything non-Linn isn't covered. Or is that the intention? I'd be very against if so.

2. No mention of 3rd Party peripherals or software anywhere (eg. NAS's, Minim, Asset). It'd be hard for newbies to know where questions/info on these would go/be. While for software, the 3rd party forums would be where they should go, there are times when the integration with Linn DS's is a particular issue. And I personally like that this forum is/has been open to subjects related to, if not directly part of, Linn World Wink The new structure and forum names doesn't really reflect this.

Hello to Jason Isaacs
2017-08-03, 09:28
Could we have more smilies?
I vote for:
Tongue in cheek: :‑J
Embarrassed: :$
Straight face: :|
Skeptical: :/

Hello to Jason Isaacs
2017-08-03, 10:05
(2017-08-03 09:28)timster Wrote:  Could we have more smilies?
I vote for:
Tongue in cheek: :‑J
Embarrassed: :$
Straight face: :|
Skeptical: :/

I am :/ that I would remember this one but it is a goodie!