Linn Forums

Current time: 2017-10-23, 18:06 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn Music Systems & Hi-fi Separates / Network Music Players & Music Streamers / Exakt v / Are they still around?

Are they still around?
2017-07-27, 23:09
Are they still around?
I am wondering if there are any Exakt Majik Isobarik systems around this forum?
I Expect Exakt would let them shine, even for classical music .......
Cheers Almost
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-07-28, 06:14
RE: Are they still around?
People with Misos, as they are often called, have stated here that they do shine in Aktiv and Exakt setups. And as both solutions will give more control, I'm sure they'll sound pretty good with all sorts of music.

Tin can telephone system.
2017-07-29, 13:33
They are not specifically Exakt speakers, though, as Tin says, they seem to do well with Exakt. For use with Aktiv or Exakt, they have to be made Aktiv, that is have the internal crossover disabled and bypassed (the Aktiv cards or the Exakt engine then provide the crossover function).

I wonder how many MIsos Linn actually sold. The price differential compared to the standard Majik 140s (or even the Majik 109s with a decent sub-woofer) was considerable, and opinions about them used passively were mixed. I'd guess that a fair number of the folk who had the price of a pair of MIsos to spend would have preferred to took at the Akurate level models with their 3K arrays.

David

Main system: [Basik/Basik+/K5/Lejonklou Gaio >][Roksan Kandy Mk III >] KEDSM > Akurate Exaktbox 10 > Linn Silvers> A4200 x 2 and A2200 > K600 > Akubariks
Second system: Kiko
2017-07-29, 21:01
I use to own a pair of Miso's, and they sounded wonderful, driven activ.

They are quite a step up from the 140's, IMHO.

Driven Exakt should be excellent.

Exakt Surround 5.0:
Katalyst Akubariks, AEDSM, Akurate Exaktbox 6/4200 for 225 Centre, Majik Exaktbox I for 212 Surrounds, OPPO 105 on StillPoints.
Power: Environmental Potentials 2460, Shunyata Triton, Zitron Cobras, Alpha Digitals
Room Acoustics: SPACE, SubDude HT's, Acoustic Panels
2017-07-30, 20:41
(2017-07-27 23:09)Almost Wrote:  I am wondering if there are any Exakt Majik Isobarik systems around this forum?

At least one. See my signature…

AEDSM > KEB/1 x 2 > Linn Silvers > A4200/1 x 2 > K200 > MISOs
2017-07-30, 23:01
Finally Wink at least one!
Well I read so many posts about then and there was only 1 member having an Exakt Miso's previously. Next month I am able to have them for a few days at my place and compare them to M140. I just bumped accidentally into those Miso's ...... I simply couldn't resist, it is so hard getting hold of them nowadays.
I never heard them before, so curious how they compare to M140. It is a real joy to listen to Exakt-M140's; to be honest there is actually no need for an upgrade. I am most satisfied. BUT I never had the opportunity to audit those Miso's before..... and now this ......I can have them even a few days at my places. Big Grin
2017-07-31, 05:50
(2017-07-30 20:41)BB1 Wrote:  
(2017-07-27 23:09)Almost Wrote:  I am wondering if there are any Exakt Majik Isobarik systems around this forum?

At least one. See my signature…
You obviously take 'source first' very seriously too. Yours must be the best sounding pair of Misos in the world. Very impressive.

Tin can telephone system.
2017-07-31, 18:07 (This post was last modified: 2017-07-31 18:09 by BB1.)
(2017-07-31 05:50)Tin Wrote:  Yours must be the best sounding pair of Misos in the world.

Who knows? Although very unlikely, there is perhaps someone out there driving them with 4 Twins or 8 Solos… That said, my next upgrade will be on the speakers’s side, since the value for money for 4 Twins or 8 Solos in my current setup would be rather small.

(2017-07-30 23:01)Almost Wrote:  Finally Wink at least one!
Well I read so many posts about then and there was only 1 member having an Exakt Miso's previously. Next month I am able to have them for a few days at my place and compare them to M140. I just bumped accidentally into those Miso's ...... I simply couldn't resist, it is so hard getting hold of them nowadays.
I never heard them before, so curious how they compare to M140. It is a real joy to listen to Exakt-M140's; to be honest there is actually no need for an upgrade. I am most satisfied. BUT I never had the opportunity to audit those Miso's before..... and now this ......I can have them even a few days at my places. Big Grin

The Misos go much deeper than the 140s and need careful positioning and proper SO+ settings taking care of the room modes. If both conditions are met, their bass becomes impressive and musical.

It's a good thing that you have the chance to compare them at home. Just listen… You may like them or not.

AEDSM > KEB/1 x 2 > Linn Silvers > A4200/1 x 2 > K200 > MISOs
2017-08-03, 11:04
Looking forward to your thoughts on 140 vs MIso.

I made the same comparison about 5 years ago in the analogue active days. Chose the 140s as the compromise that suited me better. They each have their merits.

Don't read this until after you've heard them yourself (unless you want to create some additional expectation bias of course!): http://audiophilemusings.blogspot.co.uk/...majik.html

Main: AK/0/D; AEDSM; MeiCord AExaktbox10; Silvers 2x A4200/1; K400 NSL Exakt dual-mono PMC Twenty.26; Twenty.C; Blacks AV5125 PMC Twenty.21
Playroom: SBT; V-DAC1; Cyrus6; M773e
Garage: SBT/Rega DAC; Arcam AVR100; 2x AV5125; Aktiv Ninkas, Trikan, AVSeKretan
www.audiophilemusings.co.uk
2017-08-06, 16:00
I'm happy with mine. Signifficant improvement to passive and active bass.

SO settings are however not easy.

LP12, Keel, TigerPaw, Radikal, Ekos 2, Kandid, Urika, AEDSM, Majik Exaktbox I, MISO
Secondary system: Linn Basik K18 MkII, Majik DSM/2, M6100, active M109